New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Oct 21, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #8,147 of 8,377
Electrical shock? I can't even see a way that would actually happen. The pins are encased in plastic. More detail please. 

From what i read on headfi it is called electrical discharge or something.

Oct 21, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #8,148 of 8,377
From what i read on headfi it is called electrical discharge or something.

First off, i believe you.

For some kind of electrical shock, there has to be a path for the electrical current to go. That would mean some part of the metal must be exposed. How does the connection between the cable and the shell of the iem look? Is there any exposed metal?

Oct 22, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #8,150 of 8,377
First off, i believe you.

For some kind of electrical shock, there has to be a path for the electrical current to go. That would mean some part of the metal must be exposed. How does the connection between the cable and the shell of the iem look? Is there any exposed metal?

Everything looks fine but after i came back from work and switched to stock tips from comply foam it stopped shocking

Oct 22, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #8,151 of 8,377
Or it could of been me taking out the iem and putting it back on the cable that could of fixed it.

Oct 24, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #8,154 of 8,377
Just got my Roxanne custom 3 days ago, been playing around the bass dial, noticed something a little odd. I will try to explain.

When tuning both left and right channels to the same position, the bass output is roughly balanced. However, if i turn the dial separately between the two channels, the right one always produce way more bass than the left ones. This is especially obvious if you turn the left to minimum and turn right to the max, and try the other around. 

Has anyone had similar experience ? 

Oct 24, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #8,155 of 8,377
  Just got my Roxanne custom 3 days ago, been playing around the bass dial, noticed something a little odd. I will try to explain.

When tuning both left and right channels to the same position, the bass output is roughly balanced. However, if i turn the dial separately between the two channels, the right one always produce way more bass than the left ones. This is especially obvious if you turn the left to minimum and turn right to the max, and try the other around. 

Has anyone had similar experience ? 

different sensitivity for each ear maybe?
I also feel it in my left ear got more bass than the right ones.

Oct 25, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #8,156 of 8,377
  different sensitivity for each ear maybe?
I also feel it in my left ear got more bass than the right ones.

I too also fell my left ear got more bass than right, when I set the boss level to be same. I always assume it's something to do with my hearing, but lately, i am not too sure. Been testing some other headphone and they seem balanced. So maybe it's my Roxanne.... 

Oct 25, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #8,158 of 8,377
  pretty sure it's not my ear, coming from other IEMs havent had this issue. Did you feel more bass in the Left even when both dial are set to the same position ?

Yup, when I set both dial to be exactly the same position, the left ear always feel a bit more bass. 
I even use Viper software to pan shift the sound to slightly right thinking it may be because of my hearing is different.
But after doing that, i still feel the bass is stronger in left. 

Oct 25, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #8,159 of 8,377
Yeah, my Roxannes are the same way. I asked them about it once and they told me something to the effect of "both sides are custom tuned for the best sound" but that sounds like BS to me because one would expect a balanced sound when the dials are set to the same position yet there's always more bass in the right IEM. You can tell because if you set the potentiometers all the way to zero there is a bass imbalance. I think it has to do with poor tuning of the drivers or speakers. JH Audio quality control is terrible, and I hate to say that but it's true. Between the past issues with their cables and things like this I don't know that I would recommend them to anyone, I've never tried Ultimate Ears but I definitely won't buy another set of iems from JH Audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back