New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Jun 14, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #7,996 of 8,377
The color of the silver dragon 2 for Sirens series is different, more like a graphite color, and seems to be just slightly beefier. Just tried Plussound's gold cladded copper cable, seems to be a heavenly match for the Roxanne, much better than using silver, especially the bass extension and less fatigue.

Jun 18, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #8,005 of 8,377
Think he's probably busy.

I haven't had the time to go audition the silver and black dragons but been playing with the bass pot. I find that the Rox's sweet spot is between 12-2. Since most impressions of the silver dragon say that there's less lows but better extension of the highs, can't help but wonder if that's a good thing cause the highs obviously aren't roxanne's strength. Can't fix what ain't there right? Still curious though.

you want to say that I listened with the silver cable?

Jun 21, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #8,007 of 8,377
Think he's probably busy.

I haven't had the time to go audition the silver and black dragons but been playing with the bass pot. I find that the Rox's sweet spot is between 12-2. Since most impressions of the silver dragon say that there's less lows but better extension of the highs, can't help but wonder if that's a good thing cause the highs obviously aren't roxanne's strength. Can't fix what ain't there right? Still curious though.

Sorry for the lack of updates guys. I have to say that I'm not impressed with the silver dragon cable, maybe someone else will have a different opinion. I listen through my iphone 6 plus and I've been pleased with the source when using other cables so I don't blame the source here. I was expecting more from these cables, the bass just doesn't sound very organic to me and the high end though more transparent than the new stock cable, lacks definition. I feel like I've burned the cables in adequately enough to where things should have smoothened out by now but the top end and bass sounds rather harsh and undefined. This is my opinion, maybe other opinions will differ but I would not advise someone to buy these cables. To my ears the original cables (not the newer moon audio cables) sound better, you can feel the music whereas with the silver dragon I hear the music but I don't feel it. It's hard to explain but the sound just doesn't sound organic, harsh and undefined is what comes to mind but also cold and not very involving. The new stock cables sound better too in my opinion because the bass gives the music more life, silver cables emphasize the high end but it's expected that the high end be clearly defined, with good instrument separation and  smooth organic sound... that isn't the case here, these actually do the Roxannes a disservice because they're usually pretty good at replicating the sound of an instrument faithfully without sounding somewhat harsh and discordant. Overall the resolution I was looking for just isn't there, across the entire spectrum, not just the high end. This is just my opinion, if you want to try them you can order and then return them if you don't like the sound but there a small restocking fee and you'd also be charged for the initial free shipping but it might be worth it to satisfy your curiosity.

Right now I'm using one of the older stock cables (not moon audio) and I think I'm going to stick with it, hopefully it doesn't give out on me.

Jun 22, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #8,008 of 8,377
  Sorry for the lack of updates guys. I have to say that I'm not impressed with the silver dragon cable, maybe someone else will have a different opinion. I listen through my iphone 6 plus and I've been pleased with the source when using other cables so I don't blame the source here. I was expecting more from these cables, the bass just doesn't sound very organic to me and the high end though more transparent than the new stock cable, lacks definition. I feel like I've burned the cables in adequately enough to where things should have smoothened out by now but the top end and bass sounds rather harsh and undefined. This is my opinion, maybe other opinions will differ but I would not advise someone to buy these cables. To my ears the original cables (not the newer moon audio cables) sound better, you can feel the music whereas with the silver dragon I hear the music but I don't feel it. It's hard to explain but the sound just doesn't sound organic, harsh and undefined is what comes to mind but also cold and not very involving. The new stock cables sound better too in my opinion because the bass gives the music more life, silver cables emphasize the high end but it's expected that the high end be clearly defined, with good instrument separation and  smooth organic sound... that isn't the case here, these actually do the Roxannes a disservice because they're usually pretty good at replicating the sound of an instrument faithfully without sounding somewhat harsh and discordant. Overall the resolution I was looking for just isn't there, across the entire spectrum, not just the high end. This is just my opinion, if you want to try them you can order and then return them if you don't like the sound but there a small restocking fee and you'd also be charged for the initial free shipping but it might be worth it to satisfy your curiosity.

Right now I'm using one of the older stock cables (not moon audio) and I think I'm going to stick with it, hopefully it doesn't give out on me.

Thanks for your updates!

Sometimes, u just want to reaffirm on what your ears tell you, don't you agree?

I tested my roxanne with both black and silver dragons and shared my views earlier as well, to me the silver dragons just doesn't justify the asking price for the improve in sound as compared to the black dragons.

how would u compared on these 2 cables?

Jun 22, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #8,009 of 8,377
Has anyone tried any of the Beat Audio cables on the Roxanne? I was eyeing up the Beat Audio Signal cable,anyone tried it? Hard to know which aftermarket cable to go for with the Roxanne
redface.gif

Jun 22, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #8,010 of 8,377
Thanks for your updates!

Sometimes, u just want to reaffirm on what your ears tell you, don't you agree?

I tested my roxanne with both black and silver dragons and shared my views earlier as well, to me the silver dragons just doesn't justify the asking price for the improve in sound as compared to the black dragons.

how would u compared on these 2 cables?

Well the black dragon produces a more notable difference assuming you like bass. Compared to the silver dragon the only difference I hear is less bass and more transparency but again the resolution is poor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back