New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Feb 28, 2015 at 1:11 AM Post #7,456 of 8,377
Nope I just think I am spending too much time with this hobby, and also that 2 or 3 iems / earphones is a max to fully enjoy all of them.

Ahh okay. I agree that in pursuit of a constant upgrade or desire to own more, we sometimes lose track of what we already have. Hope you're happy with what you have, Mike. Don't leave the forums! :smile:

Feb 28, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #7,457 of 8,377
After a long time benefiting from more expert views on HeadFi I figured I should chip in fwiw my impressions of Roxanne. As as a baseline, my other iems have been:
- triplefi: liked the bright energetic sound
- w4: consistently good but for me on one aspect outstanding
- umx3: like the clarity, very clinical sounding - gives you a different take on your music
- SE535: my old workhorse for running/the gym
- SE846: a clear step up from all the above, sort of 535 on steroids, my new workhorse for runnung

I got my Roxannes a coupe, of months ago and have been delighted. In the same way as the 846 is above all my previous iems, the Roxanne seem to me on a different level. For me it's the soundstage and instrument separation that really stand out. While each time I have upgraded iems I hear new things I my music, the Roxannes seem both to reveal more but also give a susbstantially better overall presentation. Conscious that it's all subjective, and different iems (esp.e.g UMX3) sometimes seem to work better for different music or recordings. But overall the Roxannes are stand out. Perfect fit first time and no QC problems, all good. While I can see some folks might want to pay extra for Layla, which I imagine might be even better, I am sure I will be stopping here for the next few years.

Mar 7, 2015 at 3:52 AM Post #7,461 of 8,377
  I am letting my custom Roxannes go if anyone is interested. As well as my Toxic Cable Roxanne Cable obviously. I like them but really have to many fit issues with them. See my sig.

hey mimouille, have been checking out your Roxanne ad quite a few times. just out of curiosity, which company can reshell roxanne and keep the 4 pin cable connector? I mean, if there's then it makes sense to sell the cable as well. Because changing the cable termination via DIY is not that carefree remembering the price of the cable.

Mar 7, 2015 at 4:50 AM Post #7,462 of 8,377
hey mimouille, have been checking out your Roxanne ad quite a few times. just out of curiosity, which company can reshell roxanne and keep the 4 pin cable connector? I mean, if there's then it makes sense to sell the cable as well. Because changing the cable termination via DIY is not that carefree remembering the price of the cable.
Unique Melody here in China, I asked them. They can do it for sure.

Mar 7, 2015 at 6:04 AM Post #7,463 of 8,377
Just got my UniRox after deliberating on getting an iem for a grand total of 1 day :D

I tried the AKR03 first even though I dont have an AK set, it definitely sounds darker than the UniRox which I find pretty neutral. Eventually I got the UniRox for SGD300 cheaper than the Akr03 which I will channel the savings to my eventual Hifiman 901s purchase. I also have the SpinFit tips on, pretty good fit I'd say. I'm totally over and done with Comply foams!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Mar 8, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #7,464 of 8,377
Anyone knows the way in time for the Roxanne Customs?

Mar 17, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #7,467 of 8,377

I dunno if you guys care about aftermarket cables like this or not, but DHC put out this teaser he says they'll begin production once JH puts out the official connectors...

Mar 17, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #7,468 of 8,377
I dunno if you guys care about aftermarket cables like this or not, but DHC put out this teaser he says they'll begin production once JH puts out the official connectors...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the teaser has been there for quite sometimes back a few months after the ciem Roxanne started shipping.
So it seems like JH has not released the official connetors to 3rd-party cable makers yet

Mar 17, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #7,469 of 8,377
Yes that's right. Each time there was a Facebook post on DHC about the Roxannes I mailed Peter to get to know when the order can be placed. It looks like there was a delay from JH to send the connectors to DHC and due to this it was pending a long time. This time I hope we can expect them sooner.

Mar 17, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #7,470 of 8,377
In the other headfi post on JH Layla, people are raving about its sound quality and it is so tempting to buy one. I know this is ridiculous, but can we expect the Roxannes to sound at least to some extent like Layla when upgrading to DHC flagship silver custom cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back