New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Oct 27, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #6,993 of 8,377
This is my experience for 1st time user (I am new to customs as well), after you have twist into your ear, the seal is not in yet, pull your ear lobe slightly down (towards ground), and then push the IEM into your ear. I would send it back if seal still break. 

There are very often times when seal is not there because the shell is "dry". To make things worse, I start to adjust in and out, twisting back and forth and make the ear canal even larger, completely loosing all seal. I let the ear rest for 1 day to let it shrink back before retrying and this time I added some moisturizer (note : I add by applying on my hand  which I am doing it anyway daily and then rub some on shell while I am at it), Twist the nuts in, pull ear lobe down, push in and bingo! Superb seal and vacuum is felt immediately. 

Once ear become season and shell is coated with own ear wax, then moisturizer is not needed. I use mild baby moisturizer. You can also use oto ease, but its expensive and doesn't last as long as moisturizer and is sticky and yucky!!. 

I am still new to customs and I suspect if pain occur, then the fit is not good. Send it back. 

Here is Average Joe recommendation link:

http://theheadphonelist.com/custom-in-ear-monitors-fit-guide/

Although he didn't mention pull ear lobe and push it in, I find that this gets me the best possible seal.

Oct 27, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #6,996 of 8,377
Could be due to the impressions not being right, also.
Had to have a refit done on my UE7 Pros. I believe that it was because someone made me laugh while I was getting the impressions done. I had my Roxanne impressions done the same day and they fit perfectly.

I do agree though, there should be no pain. Lube is for getting them in, not to get a seal, IMO.

Oct 27, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #6,998 of 8,377
it's my first CIEM and I took the leap of faith during mook and I don't see me buying JH product anymore after this incident
10months waiting time, the sound is good but the product turnout is just not what we all expect to get
Badly made CF casing, super long waiting time, bad fit, bad response from the team (maybe due to high volumes of email per day from all of us, but we all paid 2.5k~ and this is definitely not the quality of service I expected)

Wow bro, you waited 10 months for your Roxannes? That's a really long wait. I placed my order in late September, and I don't expect to get them for at least another 2 months. It's a good thing I'm not a huge fan of the CF shell, so I just got them with normal clear colors. Claire said this might reduce the production time.

Oct 28, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #7,000 of 8,377
ya it's just the CF version that took such a ridiculous long time to make

I think JH were just not prepared for the massive interest in the CF Roxannes. Either that or the production process is far too complicated or difficult. Or both.

Oct 28, 2014 at 12:16 AM Post #7,001 of 8,377
I got mine exactly 2 months from the time they received my impressions

Oct 28, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #7,002 of 8,377
There's no way I could wait 10 months...reminds me of people waiting for a toxic cable 4-5 months or more

Oct 28, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #7,003 of 8,377
Anyways you shouldn't be required to pull your ear loop down to get a good seal because doing that
You're forcing the ciem deeper into your ear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back