New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Jun 24, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #6,271 of 8,377
When you remove the custom tray it is actually quite usable, but I suppose pelican or ottetbox will be more convenient. I'll try it soon.

I did that aswell, took the tray out and use the carbon box as my 'At home storage'. For travelling, I bought the metal round JH case.

Same here. Mine never did fit well with the insert in the case. Just need to pad the CF case with the insert removed and it works well for at home.

Jun 24, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #6,272 of 8,377
So that those still waiting can gauge approximate wait times:

Black Friday order #11942 was delivered yesterday.  CF with CF case and black cable.  Fit and finish is great.  First impressions: Very warm and natural, incredible sound-stage and a ton of bass if you want it.  I've got the bass dialed all the way down.  Insane midrange/vocal clarity.  Highs sound rolled off with my HD tracks version of Springsteen's "High Hopes" but I think that's the way the album is mixed.  Highs sound much better listening to my limited library of classical hi-res files. So it would appear Rox delivers exactly what it's fed with no coloration on the highs and mids, but possibly something extra on the bass. Again, these are all first impressions with < 1 hour of listening time, so YMMV and my mileage may vary with some burn in.

I'm running them straight out of an AK-240 using the unbalanced connector.  I'll probably spring for a balanced cable once they become available (as well as balanced and grounded XLR cables to connect the AK-240 to my pre-pro, but that's another story).

So far, I'm very happy with Roxanne.  It was a bit of a nightmare waiting 7 months, but hopefully JH is catching up and this won't be an issue moving forward.

Good luck to those still waiting.  IMO it was worth it.

Jun 24, 2014 at 6:33 PM Post #6,275 of 8,377

Black Friday order #11942 was delivered yesterday.  CF with CF case and black cable.  Fit and finish is great.  First impressions: Very warm and natural, incredible sound-stage and a ton of bass if you want it.  I've got the bass dialed all the way down.  Insane midrange/vocal clarity.  Highs sound rolled off with my HD tracks version of Springsteen's "High Hopes" but I think that's the way the album is mixed.  Highs sound much better listening to my limited library of classical hi-res files. So it would appear Rox delivers exactly what it's fed with no coloration on the highs and mids, but possibly something extra on the bass. Again, these are all first impressions with < 1 hour of listening time, so YMMV and my mileage may vary with some burn in.

I'm running them straight out of an AK-240 using the unbalanced connector.  I'll probably spring for a balanced cable once they become available (as well as balanced and grounded XLR cables to connect the AK-240 to my pre-pro, but that's another story).

So far, I'm very happy with Roxanne.  It was a bit of a nightmare waiting 7 months, but hopefully JH is catching up and this won't be an issue moving forward.

You know, I feel if the wait was like 3 weeks, the above would be MOST impressions.

Jun 24, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #6,276 of 8,377

If possible, could you or anyone else here compare the JH Roxanne with the Westone ES5? A lot of people are curious about the differences and would greatly appreciate your input.

Jun 24, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #6,277 of 8,377
You know, I feel if the wait was like 3 weeks, the above would be MOST impressions.

I think we have to separate both aspects:
  1. Wait time and customer service / communication during this time was horrendous
  2. The product itself is very well built, looks awesome and sounds great. It is not perfect, but still a great product. However, that is to be expected from a 1.8k$ flagship

Jun 24, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #6,278 of 8,377
I think we have to separate both aspects:
  • Wait time and customer service / communication during this time was horrendous
  • The product itself is very well built, looks awesome and sounds great. It is not perfect, but still a great product. However, that is to be expected from a 1.8k$ flagship

But unfortunately people can not. Expectation bias works BOTH ways.

Jun 25, 2014 at 4:49 AM Post #6,279 of 8,377

maybe u would like to share on when ur impressions reached JH labs...

Jun 25, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #6,282 of 8,377
My Roxies are on their way back to JH for refit...I did not want to let them go...hope it is not for another 7 months.

Hopefully refits take some priority.  Good luck!

Jun 25, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #6,284 of 8,377
Each time I sent mine back, it took a month to a month and a half to get them done. I'm still waiting for them (third attempt). Sent them in a month ago and no ETA according to Sue, but hopefully yours will be faster now that they seem to be catching up on the carbon fiber orders. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back