New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Jun 19, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #6,151 of 8,377

As I keep saying, there seems to be a lot of folks who really enjoy that forward presentation which is typical of most IEMs (music is in your head instead of presented in front of you).

Grado has the same effect. Many people identify a very wide presentation with a certain veiled feel because of it. Give someone a Sennheiser can who listens to Grado all day long - the comments would be identical.

The spacious soundstage of the Roxanne is directly tied to the number of cross overs and how they are implemented. They are the ONLY IEM (custom or otherwise) I have heard thus far that sound like a full size can in this regard.

I agree, no other iem and ciem I know has the Soundstage as big as Roxanne

How about compares to the Tralucent 1plus2, which is supposed to have a huge soundstage?

Jun 19, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #6,152 of 8,377
I agree, no other iem and ciem I know has the Soundstage as big as Roxanne

Well, rox has a lot of strengths but soundstage isn't really one of them imo.

Jun 19, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #6,155 of 8,377

I have to disagree, IMHO compared to other ciem's and iem's I would say the soundstage of the roxanne is a significant strength.

What is the best portable amp for the roxanne?

My Leckerton UHA760 does very well with them. The Hugo was nice but the price is not. But since I got the AK120 I don't use an amp. Only used it with the DX50.

Jun 19, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #6,158 of 8,377
I have to disagree, IMHO compared to other ciem's and iem's I would say the soundstage of the roxanne is a significant strength.
My Leckerton UHA760 does very well with them. The Hugo was nice but the price is not. But since I got the AK120 I don't use an amp. Only used it with the DX50.

The first thing which struck me when I tried them on was that amazing soundstage and after few days of listening this feeling is still with me.

Update about cable smell: it almost disappeared, I believe the smell was coming from the molds holding the earpieces in the case. I still use the case, but I removed this insert.

Jun 19, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #6,163 of 8,377

I can only for the customs, but I STRONGLY disagree with this statement. Holy cow....

EDIT: Switching from the JH16FP, JH3A, and the Roxanne....the Roxanne is HUGE compared to the other two. This is with the 901+balanced card.

Jun 19, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #6,164 of 8,377
Just had an hunch, but the 12 drivers. It's purely marketing right?  There isn't a good practical reason why you will have 4 drivers per each freq range right?  I mean you have BA of various sizes.  My NT6 has 6 drivers, and uses several types(sizes) for different frequencies.  If he's fitting 12 in that small space, my guess is he went with the tiny BAs so he can get the high number.    

It's still 3-way.

Jun 19, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #6,165 of 8,377
Me too. Its soundstage is one of its best attributes. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back