New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
May 6, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #5,446 of 8,377
Few crappy pics to keep the waiters occupied. I uploaded them at 16mp though so if you view the originals at least you can get a close up.

There are a couple of imperfections on one of the earpieces that I noticed in a better lit area earlier but TBH I'm not bothered by it as its pretty small.

Fit is pretty damn good which was my biggest worry. Better than my JH13 (which are a tiny tiny bit looser) & my 4.A (which have a funny piece on them I have to 'tuck in' to my ear to get them to fit)

Over all pretty happy right now :D

May 6, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #5,447 of 8,377

They look stunning here. Maybe because we are not used to seeing CF anywhere else but the faceplates....... They look good. 

May 6, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #5,449 of 8,377
This was never about patience. I've got that a plenty. It was about the BS communications and the fact that what I was being told did not resemble reality.

There's patience, then there's being given the runaround.

I agree, their communication skills are a bit weak and need to improve. Hopefully, they have learned something from this experience (i.e. a controlled rollout).

May 6, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #5,450 of 8,377
  Well I just had a completely unexpected delivery.

CF BF order number 12255.

I didn't even really inspect them yet. I just put them straight in my ears. The only thing I noticed so far is I have a clear cable but it has the new aluminium nuts & I ordered the black cable (go figure).

I'm listening to them now (half asleep still though). Haven't touched the bass dials yet but as others have stated I'm finding them pretty dark right out of the box. I like dark though :)

I'll take some pics when I can get them out my ears...

I had the same thing with my order. i ordered the 64" black cable and i received the 42" clear cable. although it too had the aluminium collar, they must just not have enough of the aluminium collared cables of other lengths and colours in yet.

May 6, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #5,451 of 8,377
  Full CF Roxanne Ordered 12/2/13 (JHA already had my impressions from a previous order) Arrived 4/30/14.  The finishing on the IEM is excellent no bubbles or prints and the cable is the one with the aluminum collars.  My primary use for these is to separate my wall less man cave from the family room to isolate me & my music from disturbing my significant other and daughter and isolating me from intellectual television programming (like pretty little liars) when I want to listen to music.  So far they excel at this purpose!  I'm trying to get used to the fit.  They were made from the same impressions as my JH16 Pro's but the tip that goes into the ear canal is considerably larger for both Left & Right Roxanne.  They look perfect in the ears and do not stick out even though the whole IEM is considerably larger than the JH16.  It will probably take me a month or more to get to some real sonic impressions but so far they sound great but different out of the several amps I've tried them with:  AK120, SR71A, Woo WA6SE, Earmax Anniversay, and EAR HP4.  For both ear pieces to sound balanced in volume I must have the left control fully counter clockwise and the right control 3/4  clockwise.  This unfortunately is not a problem with the control on the cable (easily replaceable) but the IEM's themselves.  With that being said they sound great adjusted that way so I'm still trying to decide whether to send them back for fit adjustments and diagnostics or just enjoy them as-is......... 
confused.gif

biggrin.gif

you mentioning that the tips are bigger than your jh16pro makes me a little disappointed with jerry harvey. i feel that he could have done more without doing the whole carbon fibre thing. yes it sounds cool. but being bigger means that the cf has a lower tolerance to be able to contour to the shape that is our ear canal thus the bigger size. i may be wrong but in all seriousness the cf really brings nothing to the sq. its just a gimmick on his part. the outlandish feel makes roxanne looks like beats for people who are into sq. have jh lost his way? 

May 6, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #5,452 of 8,377

you mentioning that the tips are bigger than your jh16pro makes me a little disappointed with jerry harvey. i feel that he could have done more without doing the whole carbon fibre thing. yes it sounds cool. but being bigger means that the cf has a lower tolerance to be able to contour to the shape that is our ear canal thus the bigger size. i may be wrong but in all seriousness the cf really brings nothing to the sq. its just a gimmick on his part. the outlandish feel makes roxanne looks like beats for people who are into sq. have jh lost his way? 

I don't think the larger than JH16Pro size has anything to do with CF but rather the number of drivers and more complicated circuit. Even the acrylic version is larger than JH16.

May 6, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #5,453 of 8,377
So after roughly 2 months of use my right *clear* plastic nut crumbled.   Enough remains that it can hold on securely, hopefully it can hold up a week or so until a replacement arrives.

May 6, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #5,456 of 8,377
Drumroll please. They finally came. Yes, I've been bummed out about the whole experience and I've never had such a hair pulling out purchase in my life due to the crappy comms and constantly changing ETAs... but here they are, a pic as promised.
<- Ooh! Look, real CF Roxannes in the wild!

OK, crappy iPhone pic but you get the idea. No fingerprints and minimal tiny tiny tiny tiny bubbles (only in the side facing the ear - so can't really complain... I'm being picky in mentioning them as they are so small but I figure I should mention them as they are there).

The case isn't too bad either... minimal bubbles compared to other cases that I have seen. I think they may be starting to get this CF process down... and it looks like this last few days has been a good few days in terms of getting some CF examples out to the public. If all CFs come out like mine have, they will have no problems.

Sound? Well... I'll come to that later when Ive had more time to get used to them... but what I will say is that they do have a very good treble end response... but they are really lazy at showing it. Defo dark and warm as most people have described. I can listen for hours on these things and pick out incredible amounts of detail. Even straight off an iPhone, they performance is not to be sniffed at.

So... despite the long waiting times... all I can say is, I completely understand the frustrations but hang in there. It's been a tough 6 months (especially the last couple of months where the ETA has been sliding like crazy - to think I had been quoted the back end of May....)

May 6, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #5,457 of 8,377
Just a note...

Quote -
"12/2/13 (JHA already had my impressions from a previous order) Arrived 4/30/14"

This is where JHA need their bums smacking. I refuse to believe that a CF order that was placed in October should arrive AFTER an order in December.

Remember... ABSOLUTELY NO RUSH ORDERS ON ROXANNES!

But I think we can all call BS on orders being processed FIFO from this thread alone.

May 6, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #5,458 of 8,377
  Drumroll please. They finally came. Yes, I've been bummed out about the whole experience and I've never had such a hair pulling out purchase in my life due to the crappy comms and constantly changing ETAs... but here they are, a pic as promised.

OK, crappy iPhone pic but you get the idea. No fingerprints and minimal tiny tiny tiny tiny bubbles (only in the side facing the ear - so can't really complain... I'm being picky in mentioning them as they are so small but I figure I should mention them as they are there).

The case isn't too bad either... minimal bubbles compared to other cases that I have seen. I think they may be starting to get this CF process down... and it looks like this last few days has been a good few days in terms of getting some CF examples out to the public. If all CFs come out like mine have, they will have no problems.

Sound? Well... I'll come to that later when Ive had more time to get used to them... but what I will say is that they do have a very good treble end response... but they are really lazy at showing it. Defo dark and warm as most people have described. I can listen for hours on these things and pick out incredible amounts of detail. Even straight off an iPhone, they performance is not to be sniffed at.

So... despite the long waiting times... all I can say is, I completely understand the frustrations but hang in there. It's been a tough 6 months (especially the last couple of months where the ETA has been sliding like crazy - to think I had been quoted the back end of May....)

Subb'd to Potato's impressions 
popcorn.gif

May 6, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #5,459 of 8,377
 Originally posted by Shiikamaru:

The reason the tips (just the part that goes into my ear canal) are larger on my Roxannes has nothing to do with CF or the amount of drivers.  The only thing running through that section on any CIEM that I am aware of are tubes.  JH just happened to make them larger from the same impressions but they have no explanation why that might have happened.  I could decide to send them for a refit and make that section exactly like my JH16's. 
etysmile.gif

May 6, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #5,460 of 8,377

Congrats, looking good...
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back