New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
May 6, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #5,461 of 8,377
  Thank you, that clears up the mystery for me:)

I'm lucky as I didn't order the JHR, but I check on this thread daily. It makes me feel bad you guys are waiting for so long.. Wish there was a  "Rush Order" option (like Westone have) in place. However, this means JH needs to greatly speed up the CF production.

I plan on visiting Korea next year in Spring (I mention this since I live in Romania and not only do they check your mail here, but we have 24% VAT compared to 10% in Korea and no mail verification), and by that time I think JH will be on track with orders and shipping.

It's then that I plan on buying the JHR and also the Ak240.

Hopefully I'll be able to sell my current rig (Pico, iPod Classic, Westone ES5) and cushion the expenses a bit.

Bought mine here in Korea and there is only one authorized deal here. If you need help getting connected feel free to ask. They take universal and custom orders for the Roxannes.

May 7, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #5,463 of 8,377
  Bought mine here in Korea and there is only one authorized deal here. If you need help getting connected feel free to ask. They take universal and custom orders for the Roxannes.

Thanks for the helping hand, but SoundCat is very expensive. I remember they had the Westone ES5 for 1.4 million KRW which then was like $1,350.

I paid $,1200 for mine including the impressions, shipping the impressions to Westone, 2 days rush order, exotic materials and then going for Express Mail to ship the IEMs back.

I paid no tax for mine as well (lucky).

May 7, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #5,464 of 8,377
Thought I'd post a couple of pics of how my Roxanne fit as I know a lot of people have been worried about them poking out too far from their ears due the the obscene driver count.
Got to say I'm really happy with how mine turned out in that regard but I am a larger than average person so my ears may be bigger than yours...

May 7, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #5,465 of 8,377
  Thought I'd post a couple of pics of how my Roxanne fit as I know a lot of people have been worried about them poking out too far from their ears due the the obscene driver count.
Got to say I'm really happy with how mine turned out in that regard but I am a larger than average person so my ears may be bigger than yours...

Thanks for sharing!  Yes I think customs would sit flush and the protruding issue is mainly for the universal version only....

May 7, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #5,466 of 8,377
Just been listening to India Arie and her track Brown Skin. Defo a track that shows off the lovely warmth of the Roxannes. The backing vocals sound sublime. Close your eyes and wrap yourself in that!

Anyway, my fit is similar to the above. Certainly not the smallest custom but certainly not Shrek ears by a long shot.

May 7, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #5,467 of 8,377
How the heck do people wear the universal or AKR03?  Just auditioned the AKR03 and couldn't find a right fit at all no matter what tips.  They kept falling out if I moved, I had the tips in so far they were at the threshold of pain.  Definitely think they should only make the Roxannes as customs.

May 7, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #5,468 of 8,377
How the heck do people wear the universal or AKR03?  Just auditioned the AKR03 and couldn't find a right fit at all no matter what tips.  They kept falling out if I moved, I had the tips in so far they were at the threshold of pain.  Definitely think they should only make the Roxannes as customs.
I just tried the universal version out, and the earpiece is large. I never struggled with universals but this one protruded out pretty far. I kept pressing them with my fingers thinking they were going to fall out. Also, the cable is solid and sturdy but a little weighty and with the bass controller, I wondered if that bit of added weight pulling down would exacerbate the problem while I'm on the go.

May 7, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #5,469 of 8,377
Got to say I'm really happy with how mine turned out in that regard but I am a larger than average person so my ears may be bigger than yours..

Oh wow...the fit of the uni on my ears can not even compare...

May 7, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #5,470 of 8,377

I just tried the universal version out, and the earpiece is large. I never struggled with universals but this one protruded out pretty far. I kept pressing them with my fingers thinking they were going to fall out. Also, the cable is solid and sturdy but a little weighty and with the bass controller, I wondered if that bit of added weight pulling down would exacerbate the problem while I'm on the go.

It's really a hit or miss with the universal. I depends on each person's ear shape. I guess you have to find the right tip for you or go custom.

May 7, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #5,471 of 8,377
I've tried the universal Roxanne and it sticks out too much for me.
A bit troublesome if I want to use it while walking.
Got the feeling it's like using 1plus2 while on the move

May 7, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #5,472 of 8,377
  I've tried the universal Roxanne and it sticks out too much for me.
A bit troublesome if I want to use it while walking.
Got the feeling it's like using 1plus2 while on the move

Mine does stick out a lot but its not necessarily that uncomfortable if I have the right tips on. I just wonder how much more comfortable they would be if they were custom.

May 7, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #5,473 of 8,377
Wouldn't they be more comfortable if they were custom since it's molded to your ear so it will stay in your ear without movement?  I would think there might be issues with universals because of it's bulk.  It's not surprising it's large given the number of drivers that fit inside it.

May 8, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #5,475 of 8,377
For anyone who may be interested, or indeed losing precious fingernails by the minute, I was sent this mail from Angie at JH Audio regarding turn around times:
" Here are the turn around times for the different orders.

ALL orders will be processed in the order, which received.

For Regular Orders, our current turnaround time is approximately 38-42 business days and you will receive an email from FedEx with your tracking number upon shipping.

For Roxanne orders, our current turnaround time is approximately 50-55 business days and you will receive an email from FedEx with your tracking number upon shipping

For Roxanne CARBON FIBER orders, please note that the carbon fiber is a very time and labor intensive process and we do not have an exact turnaround time to date, but ask that you please be patient and contact us back in a few weeks

Thank you,

Angie  "

Users who are viewing this thread

Back