New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
May 4, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #5,416 of 8,377
Let me try to help you out there. The Roxnnes would be closer towards sounding like the LCDX or the XC's more than the 2/3. The SE846 sound sound closer to the 2/3's. Hope it helps. Side note. Mine is the universal version of the Roxannes and I own the 2 and X. But auditioned all four extensively before settling for the 2 and X. Hope I can help further if you have any more questions.

I only listen to LCD-2. At least on the bass/low mids part, it is comparable to Roxanne. It has the familiar thickness, fullness and the hard/deep kick on the low end. But on the treble part they are not the same. LCD-2 is more laid back/rolled off compared to Roxanne.

May 5, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #5,417 of 8,377

I only listen to LCD-2. At least on the bass/low mids part, it is comparable to Roxanne. It has the familiar thickness, fullness and the hard/deep kick on the low end. But on the treble part they are not the same. LCD-2 is more laid back/rolled off compared to Roxanne.

Yes, but in terms of the high energy highs, and overall, the Roxannes are more similar to the LCD-X's. 

May 5, 2014 at 1:29 AM Post #5,418 of 8,377

Yes, but in terms of the high energy highs, and overall, the Roxannes are more similar to the LCD-X's. 

I would like to think so, since I have not heard the LCD-X yet. But for me LCD-2 is lacking in the treble region, which is noticeable when I compare it side by side with Roxanne.

May 5, 2014 at 4:44 AM Post #5,419 of 8,377
Well after a brief visit my Roxanne's are on their way back to JH for a refit, fingers crossed it's a quick turnaround time.
I want to say a massive thank you to John Lucchese and his team at NS Audiology Sydney, they have always had time to speak to me and answer my emails, in fact when i sent an email expressing concern over the fit of my CIEM's they had me booked in for an appointment the next business day, they have made the whole refit process extremely easy and hassle free for me and i appreciate them going the extra mile. if you are in the Sydney area and looking for a good audiologist then i recommend you drop these guys a line.

May 5, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #5,421 of 8,377
Full CF Roxanne Ordered 12/2/13 (JHA already had my impressions from a previous order) Arrived 4/30/14.  The finishing on the IEM is excellent no bubbles or prints and the cable is the one with the aluminum collars.  My primary use for these is to separate my wall less man cave from the family room to isolate me & my music from disturbing my significant other and daughter and isolating me from intellectual television programming (like pretty little liars) when I want to listen to music.  So far they excel at this purpose!  I'm trying to get used to the fit.  They were made from the same impressions as my JH16 Pro's but the tip that goes into the ear canal is considerably larger for both Left & Right Roxanne.  They look perfect in the ears and do not stick out even though the whole IEM is considerably larger than the JH16.  It will probably take me a month or more to get to some real sonic impressions but so far they sound great but different out of the several amps I've tried them with:  AK120, SR71A, Woo WA6SE, Earmax Anniversay, and EAR HP4.  For both ear pieces to sound balanced in volume I must have the left control fully counter clockwise and the right control 3/4  clockwise.  This unfortunately is not a problem with the control on the cable (easily replaceable) but the IEM's themselves.  With that being said they sound great adjusted that way so I'm still trying to decide whether to send them back for fit adjustments and diagnostics or just enjoy them as-is......... 
confused.gif

biggrin.gif

May 5, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #5,422 of 8,377
Full CF Roxanne Ordered 12/2/13 (JHA already had my impressions from a previous order) Arrived 4/30/14.  The finishing on the IEM is excellent no bubbles or prints and the cable is the one with the aluminum collars.  My primary use for these is to separate my wall less man cave from the family room to isolate me & my music from disturbing my significant other and daughter and isolating me from intellectual television programming (like pretty little liars) when I want to listen to music.  So far they excel at this purpose!  I'm trying to get used to the fit.  They were made from the same impressions as my JH16 Pro's but the tip that goes into the ear canal is considerably larger for both Left & Right Roxanne.  They look perfect in the ears and do not stick out even though the whole IEM is considerably larger than the JH16.  It will probably take me a month or more to get to some real sonic impressions but so far they sound great but different out of the several amps I've tried them with:  AK120, SR71A, Woo WA6SE, Earmax Anniversay, and EAR HP4.  For both ear pieces to sound balanced in volume I must have the left control fully counter clockwise and the right control 3/4  clockwise.  This unfortunately is not a problem with the control on the cable (easily replaceable) but the IEM's themselves.  With that being said they sound great adjusted that way so I'm still trying to decide whether to send them back for fit adjustments and diagnostics or just enjoy them as-is......... :confused:  :D

Looking good! Congratz! May I ask what your order number was?☺️

May 5, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #5,423 of 8,377
Have we enough opinions on the custom Roxannes vs the universal vs AKR03?  I am tempted to buy the AKR03 while waiting in the long queue for my customs.  People have viiced the universals sound si different to the customs that I am wary of being trapped.  I can get the AKR03 for a better price than the universal Roxannes and since I have the AK240 I would get a bonus 2.5mm balanced cable as well.
Pls enlighten me on the SQ of the universal vs custom Roxannes 
confused_face(1).gif

May 5, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #5,427 of 8,377
Why do people don't divulge their specific order number?

Just curious.

Preferences I think:) there have been many that did show their order nummers, which is great as we can have a look at the que...
I just send another email to JH to ask about my status, interested to see how far they are if others that were later already received them

May 5, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #5,428 of 8,377
Thank you, that clears up the mystery for me:)

I'm lucky as I didn't order the JHR, but I check on this thread daily. It makes me feel bad you guys are waiting for so long.. Wish there was a  "Rush Order" option (like Westone have) in place. However, this means JH needs to greatly speed up the CF production.

I plan on visiting Korea next year in Spring (I mention this since I live in Romania and not only do they check your mail here, but we have 24% VAT compared to 10% in Korea and no mail verification), and by that time I think JH will be on track with orders and shipping.

It's then that I plan on buying the JHR and also the Ak240.

Hopefully I'll be able to sell my current rig (Pico, iPod Classic, Westone ES5) and cushion the expenses a bit.

May 5, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #5,429 of 8,377
  Full CF Roxanne Ordered 12/2/13 (JHA already had my impressions from a previous order) Arrived 4/30/14.  The finishing on the IEM is excellent no bubbles or prints and the cable is the one with the aluminum collars.  My primary use for these is to separate my wall less man cave from the family room to isolate me & my music from disturbing my significant other and daughter and isolating me from intellectual television programming (like pretty little liars) when I want to listen to music.  So far they excel at this purpose!  I'm trying to get used to the fit.  They were made from the same impressions as my JH16 Pro's but the tip that goes into the ear canal is considerably larger for both Left & Right Roxanne.  They look perfect in the ears and do not stick out even though the whole IEM is considerably larger than the JH16.  It will probably take me a month or more to get to some real sonic impressions but so far they sound great but different out of the several amps I've tried them with:  AK120, SR71A, Woo WA6SE, Earmax Anniversay, and EAR HP4.  For both ear pieces to sound balanced in volume I must have the left control fully counter clockwise and the right control 3/4  clockwise.  This unfortunately is not a problem with the control on the cable (easily replaceable) but the IEM's themselves.  With that being said they sound great adjusted that way so I'm still trying to decide whether to send them back for fit adjustments and diagnostics or just enjoy them as-is......... 
confused.gif

biggrin.gif

Might be dumb, but I'll ask anyway,
blink.gif
 Is it the earpieces or your ears? Have you had your ears checked lately? You could try switching the cable left to right and see if it follows the cable or the stays the same.

May 5, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #5,430 of 8,377
I ordered directly from JH.  My understanding (which may be incorrect) is that you start in the que after your impressions are received and logged in.  I ordered on 12/2, with a later order # but my impressions were already in and logged in months ago on a previous order.  I'm using the term logged in for meaning not just when the impressions arrive at JH but when JH puts them in their system.   The reason I don't give my exact order # is that I  don't want someone calling them with my exact order and saying " Hey, how come order # blah blah blah is after mine and they already got theirs?"  But that's just me, and after saying all that I'm fully aware of the fact that I might be FOS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back