New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Apr 29, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #5,254 of 8,377
The only thing I really wished for is where I am in the pecking order. That's it. I can wait, but I feel I'm in limbo until JHA announces some kind of production schedule.

Apr 29, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #5,255 of 8,377
Today was a great day!
I got a phone call from my audiologist in Sydney, my custom acrylic Roxanne's have finally arrived!
To be honest I was starting to lose a little faith that they would ever make it to me after reading some of the comments in the last 10 or so pages of this thread.
Considering the order was placed on the 20th of Feb it felt like a long time to have to wait, however compared to some others I think I got of rather easy, I know that some people have ordered earlier that me and are still waiting for theirs (I feel your pain guys).
It's reassuring to know that my $2100 beauty will finally be in my hands tomorrow afternoon. I am in the process of loading up my phone with a playlist of music that will really show off that 24 driver goodness, I cant wait for the train ride home :D
On the above note can anyone recommend any songs that they have played on their Roxanne's that have really "Wow'd" them? I like pretty much everything that isn't Rap/Urban, Techno or Dubstep, so if you can think of anything that really put a smile on your face I'd love to hear about it. I am stepping up from some Westone 4R's so I'm sure I could listen to the iPhone ringtone library and be impressed, but still...

Apr 29, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #5,258 of 8,377
Finally got my Carbon Fiber Roxanne's back after a re-fit, and FINALLY can say I can hear the reason I decided to purchase them back at CamJam!  A long journey is finally coming to an end for me.

Congrats, how's the new player? AK240 right?

Apr 29, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #5,260 of 8,377
Congrats, how's the new player? AK240 right?

New player is amazing.  Appreciating the UI as a step up from the AK120, and the sound is fantastic.

Apr 29, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #5,262 of 8,377
Quick question on the AK240: can you purchase/download/play hi res files directly from the device?

Currently, no.  At least not yet.  Apparently there's ability to do this in several location's in Asia, but they hinted that they're negotiating relationships with the HDTrack's of the world to offer that in more geographic areas.

Apr 30, 2014 at 3:49 AM Post #5,264 of 8,377
So i picked up the Roxannes today, they look great and feel really sturdy. the box is really nice too. I am wondering about the fit though, i haven't owned a CIEM before, so i am not sure what exactly to expect. For example coming from comply foam tip westones, i was surprised at how little ambient noise reduction i was getting from the outside world (without music playing). after putting them in i had no trouble hearing a quiet conversation taking place across the room. after putting the music on i also noticed that the bass seemed a little washed out and the music was lacking detail, if i made earmuff cups with my hand and held them over my ears gently the sound improved dramatically.
do i have a bad seal, or am i just not inserting them right? maybe i have just been spoiled by foam tips and my expectations were unrealistic for these. does anyone have any advice or recommendations?
I'll post some pictures of them when i get a chance, I really haven't been able to spend much time with them yet, i had to go to class straight after picking them up, which could be part of the problem too i suppose.
thanks for reading. 

Apr 30, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #5,265 of 8,377
Customs go deep inside your ear. When I had mine for the first time I thought I fully inserted them in my years, but I didn't. 
You need to insert them until you feel the opposite side of the CIEM press on\touch your ears (hope that makes sense).
Use plenty of Ottoease or whatever lubricant ships with your customs and insert them as deep as they go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back