New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Apr 28, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #5,236 of 8,377
I prefer universals because, with comply tips, they're more comfortable, better isolating, and you have more control over the sound's pathway (i.e. you can lengthen or shorten it). Not to mention that they're much easier to sell.

Apr 28, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #5,237 of 8,377
I prefer universals because, with comply tips, they're more comfortable, better isolating, and you have more control over the sound's pathway (i.e. you can lengthen or shorten it). Not to mention that they're much easier to sell.

I go the opposite. As much good as you get with adjustable tips, it's also my source of great frustration. Specific to comply foam tips if I insert it too deep, it muffs the sound, a bit shallow then it falls off. If I get the right depth as soon as I take deep breath or yawn it comes loose or just pops out. Considering the size and weight of the universal Roxanne, it will be nightmare for me.

Apr 28, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #5,238 of 8,377

I go the opposite. As much good as you get with adjustable tips, it's also my source of great frustration. Specific to comply foam tips if I insert it too deep, it muffs the sound, a bit shallow then it falls off. If I get the right depth as soon as I take deep breath or yawn it comes loose or just pops out. Considering the size and weight of the universal Roxanne, it will be nightmare for me.

You need to make sure they're thick enough so they don't fall out, then start with the long professional tips, and then use scissors to shorten them to your tastes. Although I haven't gotten the Roxannes yet. How heavy are they in grams, excluding the wire? Edit: n/m the universals are made of lighter material from what I hear so you can't measure them by weighing the customs.

Apr 28, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #5,239 of 8,377
I literally, tried everything there is to try with tips. Different length, hickness, type (foam, silicon)and brand. Nothing worked for me. I have a box full of tips and nothing to use it for.

Apr 28, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #5,241 of 8,377
I'm order # 11603 (you are 11601 I believe). Mine arrived today so yours should already be there or about to arrive any day.

I have listened to them a little but will reserve any comments until they are burned in and I have paired them with a new amp.

I did received a Fed Ex notification. Interesting that JHA applied for the tracking number in early April. I got notification that it was picked last Friday and tonight it says it's still in Orlando at the Fed Ex terminal.

Since you are reserving judgment, are you not thrilled?

Apr 28, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #5,242 of 8,377
I did received a Fed Ex notification. Interesting that JHA applied for the tracking number in early April. I got notification that it was picked last Friday and tonight it says it's still in Orlando at the Fed Ex terminal.

Since you are reserving judgment, are you not thrilled?

I am merely reserving judgment because I am used to my UE 10 Pro paired with a Ray Samuels SR71 Amp (both of which I left on an airplane).

I ordered the Roxannes as a replacement for those but given the wait times I was not going to order a new amp (I'm going with a Ray Samuels Intruder) until I received the Roxannes.  So I don't want to compare the sound of un-amped Roxannes to the sound of my amped UE 10s.

Apr 28, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #5,243 of 8,377

what model of headphone, out of curiosity?

I have T-Peos H-200, Ortofon eQ-5, TDK BA200, Denon AH-W150 and an old Koss iem which I forgot what the exact model is. I tried other cheap iems in the past including the apple in-ear and have similar experiences.

Apr 29, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #5,245 of 8,377
Finally got my Carbon Fiber Roxanne's back after a re-fit, and FINALLY can say I can hear the reason I decided to purchase them back at CamJam!  A long journey is finally coming to an end for me.

Apr 29, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #5,247 of 8,377
  Finally got my Carbon Fiber Roxanne's back after a re-fit, and FINALLY can say I can hear the reason I decided to purchase them back at CamJam!  A long journey is finally coming to an end for me.

What your problem for the fitting? I got my from refit, i actually sent them new impression for them to compare but they are still not comfort to wear. 

Apr 29, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #5,248 of 8,377
My issue was the right ear was just too loose so I couldn't get anywhere near a good seal.  I eventually had to send them my JH16's to use as a model to get a solid fit.

Apr 29, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #5,249 of 8,377
IC, i think my tips is a little too big, right is tighter than left for sure. But i really don't know how tight / how loose it should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back