New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Apr 26, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #5,221 of 8,377
Vote with your dollars - the message will be loud and clear.

Apr 27, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #5,224 of 8,377
So there are or are not problems with the connectors on the cable now?

Also I think I thought I read that the Rox came with a means to match the bass levels on L/R?

Apr 27, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #5,225 of 8,377
So there are or are not problems with the connectors on the cable now?

Also I think I thought I read that the Rox came with a means to match the bass levels on L/R?

The aluminum collared cables should fix the issue with the cable...mine is scheduled to be delivered Tuesday, so we shall see. I have only heard of one (unconfirmed) issue with the clear cable.

The cable has a set of pots on it to adjust the bass. One for left and one for right, so you could say there is a means to match L/R.

Apr 27, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #5,226 of 8,377
Sorry I mean a metre of some sort so you know both are set to for example 12.3ohm for instance.  I ask because eye balling it even if perfect doesn't mean they are even.  Tiny pots aren't known for high tolerance.

Apr 27, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #5,228 of 8,377
Ears are good at a lot of things.  Setting sub-bass to within 0.5dB of each side... not one of them :p

Apr 28, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #5,232 of 8,377
I still don't have mine and I'm not making any excuses for JHA, but I took the posted advice and call Andrew Regan yesterday...

I'm order # 116xx (you are 116xx I believe). Mine arrived today so yours should already be there or about to arrive any day.

I have listened to them a little but will reserve any comments until they are burned in and I have paired them with a new amp.

Apr 28, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #5,234 of 8,377
I received my new version of black cable, it looks like alum nut to me but I can't be sure. It does feel much stronger though.

Frankly, those who can't wait, instead of fret over it, just don't buy. simple as that. But for those who is patient, you will enjoy better music with it. Remember, it's custom iem, not mass production universal.

Apr 28, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #5,235 of 8,377
I received my new version of black cable, it looks like alum nut to me but I can't be sure. It does feel much stronger though.

Frankly, those who can't wait, instead of fret over it, just don't buy. simple as that. But for those who is patient, you will enjoy better music with it. Remember, it's custom iem, not mass production universal.

You may strike a nerve with that comment.... You do know that people waited for ever for their 'mass produced' universal Roxanne, or don't you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back