New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Apr 16, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #5,076 of 8,377
I finally got to listen the Roxanne universal @ Jaban HK, although it sound good (for this price, it can't be bad, lol) it had a very different approach to the 16 Pro, i turn up the bass dial all the way to max, it still sound weaker than the 16 Pro, even the sales person think so. at the end, i came down to two choices, 1) Earsonic SEM6, 2) Fitear 335DW, they both have the sound signature that i like. and the final pick was the Fitear 335DW, since they offer a future upgrade option (i.e. Stuido Reference Upgrade), also the bass sound so real that i almost mistake it has a dynamice driver inside, the mid is the sweetest that i heard (sure, the audiopile will say it is not nature etc... but i'm only looking a protable earphone that i can enjoy, without carrying a DAC, AMP & DAP), that also connect to my next point, the pair of IEM is fairly easy to drive by my iphone and AK120 directly, last but not least the bass never leak into the mid which is very impressive. However, I did have a had time to give up the Roxanne, due to the CF shell really does look nice! vs the Fitear have virtully nothing to choose from. But they promise i can receive my CIEM by the end of May, JIT for my canada trip in early June. I put down my hard earnd cash!

Apr 16, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #5,079 of 8,377
I received my cf last monday.. Order late oct.. Cf production still running
wink.gif

Nice:)! Got some pictures to share haha...
Just to get us through the waiting! :)

Apr 16, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #5,082 of 8,377
Regarding bubbles: I hadn't even noticed any bubbles until I looked at my photos. Understand that few things escape the scrutiny of a camera with a good sensor, onto which is mounted an excellent macro lens at f/22, lit by the blasts from three Profoto studio flashes.

When using this setup to take photos, I wear nitrile rubber gloves, just to keep my fingerprints and skin oils out of the photos--fingerprints and skin oils that are all over your gear that you never notice, but that look like hands covered in Vaseline were handling the gear when shot with the studio-lit macro setup.

In the photo area, I keep lint rollers, blue painters tape, brushes, pointy spudgers, compressed air cans and bulb blowers nearby, all just to remove dust and lint--again, the type of dust and lint that you don't see is all over your gear right now, but that glow with intensity to the macro lens under the blast of the flashes.

In other words, in real life, I have to look quite hard to notice the bubbles on the earpieces (they're easier to spot on the carrying case), and none can be felt on the surface. Perhaps later I'll post photos of my Roxanne lit with normal lighting, and a more typical camera.

Apr 16, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #5,083 of 8,377
  Regarding bubbles: I hadn't even noticed any bubbles until I looked at my photos. Understand that few things escape the scrutiny of a camera with a good sensor, onto which is mounted an excellent macro lens at f/22, lit by the blasts from three Profoto studio flashes.

When using this setup to take photos, I wear nitrile rubber gloves, just to keep my fingerprints and skin oils out of the photos--fingerprints and skin oils that are all over your gear that you never notice, but that look like hands covered in Vaseline were handling the gear when shot with the studio-lit macro setup.

In the photo area, I keep lint rollers, blue painters tape, brushes, pointy spudgers, compressed air cans and bulb blowers nearby, all just to remove dust and lint--again, the type of dust and lint that you don't see is all over your gear right now, but that glow with intensity to the macro lens under the blast of the flashes.

In other words, in real life, I have to look quite hard to notice the bubbles on the earpieces (they're easier to spot on the carrying case), and none can be felt on the surface. Perhaps later I'll post photos of my Roxanne lit with normal lighting, and a more typical camera.

I guess this is all true Jude... but to be fair, we have seen these bubbles in examples that were shot with cell cameras!

Apr 16, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #5,084 of 8,377

Um...what is a "pointy spudger"? Got a picture of one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back