New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Apr 16, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #5,088 of 8,377
^ I am. They haven't really burned me in any way.

The two refits are part of the customs experience no matter who you are dealing with. And the wait is expected from pre-orders.

Unexpected things come up with new technology. It's normal.

Apr 17, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #5,092 of 8,377
  Regarding bubbles: I hadn't even noticed any bubbles until I looked at my photos. Understand that few things escape the scrutiny of a camera with a good sensor, onto which is mounted an excellent macro lens at f/22, lit by the blasts from three Profoto studio flashes.

When using this setup to take photos, I wear nitrile rubber gloves, just to keep my fingerprints and skin oils out of the photos--fingerprints and skin oils that are all over your gear that you never notice, but that look like hands covered in Vaseline were handling the gear when shot with the studio-lit macro setup.

In the photo area, I keep lint rollers, blue painters tape, brushes, pointy spudgers, compressed air cans and bulb blowers nearby, all just to remove dust and lint--again, the type of dust and lint that you don't see is all over your gear right now, but that glow with intensity to the macro lens under the blast of the flashes.

In other words, in real life, I have to look quite hard to notice the bubbles on the earpieces (they're easier to spot on the carrying case), and none can be felt on the surface. Perhaps later I'll post photos of my Roxanne lit with normal lighting, and a more typical camera.

Understandable...but still thats not the way for a high priced product...

Apr 17, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #5,093 of 8,377
Funny, i just got my refit set and replacement cable but they still plastic nut. Anyone receive recently still come with plastic nut instead of aluminium nut? 

Apr 17, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #5,096 of 8,377

I dont think the new nuts are alum. So far it seems they are all plastic. Hmm... I wonder where we all got the idea that they will replace with alum nuts...

Opps, i was thought that replace by Alu. if this 
Yours is clear or black cable? Clear is still plastic because it has no problems

My is clear, they broke. 

Apr 17, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #5,098 of 8,377
I dont think the new nuts are alum. So far it seems they are all plastic. Hmm... I wonder where we all got the idea that they will replace with alum nuts...

The nuts on the cable in my most recent Roxanne photos are aluminum.

Apr 17, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #5,099 of 8,377
  Opps, i was thought that replace by Alu. if this 
My is clear, they broke. 

Sorry to hear that - this is the first case of clear nuts breaking reported on this thread.  Has anyone else had issues?

JH's stance is there is no problem w/ the clear cables, that's why everyone was getting clear cables until they had aluminum nuts for the black cables.

So if you order a black cable today, you will get one w/ an aluminum nut.  Clear cable, you will still get a plastic nut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back