New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Apr 14, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #5,041 of 8,377
I suspect they're finally doing some real quality checks now and they keep failing the test
So no CF are coming out of JHA

Think I'll get mine by December OTL
Mook's order but impression sent 1 week after mook ended
It was the CF that poisoned me deeper, and since I've already waited so long, changing to acrylic doesn't seem worth it lol.

Apr 14, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #5,042 of 8,377
  I suspect they're finally doing some real quality checks now and they keep failing the test
So no CF are coming out of JHA

Think I'll get mine by December OTL
Mook's order but impression sent 1 week after mook ended
It was the CF that poisoned me deeper, and since I've already waited so long, changing to acrylic doesn't seem worth it lol.

I hope so... It is way too silent around the CF orders... haven't heard of a shipment for a long time :frowning2:

Apr 14, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #5,043 of 8,377

Now, given the sheer lack of CF units seeming to come out, I'm thinking it going to actually be in the fall for many of the BF orders.  They've hired up and had the extra ovens for months now, and it's still a trickle.  

I wish I had listened to your suggestion.  Who would have thought it would be taking this long?

Apr 15, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #5,046 of 8,377
I think someone mentioned before that JH has different queue for different orders. I suppose BF orders has the lowest priority (perhaps because it's discounted) and there are a lot of orders on BF.

Coz I remember someone who ordered after BF sale and sent his impressions late december and he received his Roxanne (acrylic) way ahead of me (Acrylic, BF order and impressions received Dec 4)

Apr 15, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #5,047 of 8,377
Though I placed what was probably one of the first (perhaps the first) Roxanne order, I told JH Audio I was in no particular rush to receive it.

My carbon fiber Roxanne arrived the other day, and it fits perfectly. The insertion depth is a little shallower than the custom prototype, and very similar to the insertion depth of my FitEar MH334 custom. To my eyes and hands, the fit-and-finish of both the carrying case and the Roxanne itself is excellent.

Most importantly, the sound is better than any previous prototype I've heard, and, to my ears, it is the best in-ear I've yet heard, period. I usually set the Roxanne's bass at flat, and sometimes just a touch above flat. The presentation is the most visceral, most real, most detailed I've yet heard from an in-ear. Its imaging is very precise, and, in terms of presenting a holographic image in my head, is unlike any other in-ear I've listened to. To say that I'm happy with it would be a vast understatement.

Here are photos of it (clicking on a photo will show a larger version of it):

As much as I love the carbon fiber earpiece tray (above), I may remove it and use a padded pouch inside the carrying case instead (for faster handling, both in terms of getting it out of the case, and putting it back in).

Since there's been some discussion of fit (how far it sticks out of one's ears), here's a photo of me wearing mine:

Though that photo only shows the left earpiece, the right earpiece presents very similarly (essentially identically). Of course, the fit (in terms of how far it does or doesn't stick out) is going to vary from one ear to the next. For my average sized ears, it sticks out a little bit farther than my JH13 Pro (and more toward the back than the front).

Was the carbon fiber worth the wait for me? Yes; but keep in mind I really dig carbon fiber. You'll have to figure out if the price premium and longer wait time is worth it to you.

So, yes, it appears they're shipping out the carbon fiber Roxannes, but I have to imagine the acrylic ones are probably going out at a significantly faster clip.

(The entire gallery (including full-size versions of these photos) can be seen by clicking here.)

Apr 15, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #5,048 of 8,377
The photos look great Jude. And looks like they fixed the black cable issue. The screw looks different from mine (broken).

Apr 15, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #5,050 of 8,377

Most importantly, the sound is better than any previous prototype I've heard, and, to my ears, it is the best in-ear I've yet heard, period.

Jude, thank you very much for your impressions.  I've been enjoying my (acrylic :) Roxannes for a couple months now.

Have you had a chance to listen to the Noble K10 demos at a meet?

Apr 15, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #5,054 of 8,377
Very nice pictures!! I just received a reply that I will get mine mid to end of next month. Fingers crossed
smily_headphones1.gif

when did you order yours may i ask? and also CF?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back