New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Apr 11, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #5,011 of 8,377
Received my Roxanne today! They look amazing and sound great too.

I have a fit issue in the helix area, don't know how they even passed QC and made it out the door.

You can see from the picture how the left monitor doesnt sit properly in the negative case mold.

Back to JH they go :frowning2:

Apr 11, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #5,012 of 8,377

I have a fit issue in the helix area, don't know how they even passed QC and made it out the door.

You can see from the picture how the left monitor doesnt sit properly in the negative case mold.

Congrats. And I'm sorry it's not perfect. When did you order? Thanks

Apr 11, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #5,013 of 8,377

Shouldn't you at least try them on for a few days to see if the fit issue goes away? Perhaps your ears might still need to adjust to it.

Apr 11, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #5,014 of 8,377

Back to JH they go
frown.gif

Try wearing it without the cable attached, see if the problems still persists.
I had a problem where the socket was angled too inwards making it push against my skin.

Apr 11, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #5,015 of 8,377
There is just too much material in the helix area, when I wear them it sticks out way more on the left side.

I layed them on their face to compare the height and the left one has about 2mm more material.

There's also a small bubble on the face. Probably going to get them to fix that too, there shouldn't be any blemishes for the amount of $ these things cost.

Apr 12, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #5,016 of 8,377
I have a fit question. Scenario: your fit was originally too tight, but after using them for a week your ears (changed?) started adjusting to them and after two weeks the fit feels perfect now.

Is that bad for the ears, as in you are forcing your ears and stretching them out so that they will fit the ciem shape?

Apr 12, 2014 at 2:46 AM Post #5,017 of 8,377
I have a fit question. Scenario: your fit was originally too tight, but after using them for a week your ears (changed?) started adjusting to them and after two weeks the fit feels perfect now.

Is that bad for the ears, as in you are forcing your ears and stretching them out so that they will fit the ciem shape?

I don't worry about it as long as you don't feel pain in your ear. It could be a good thing since you have a perfect seal.

Apr 12, 2014 at 5:03 AM Post #5,018 of 8,377
Talked to the VP of JH Audio today and I asked if I could reshell the universal Roxanne with them as I got the universal one as I could not wait for the custom version. His reply was sadly, no. :frowning2: so I am getting custom sleeves for the Roxnnes.

Apr 12, 2014 at 5:03 AM Post #5,019 of 8,377

If it's your first pair of customs. Maybe you just got used to how to wear then properly over the week. :)

Apr 12, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #5,020 of 8,377

As you can see, it has had no ill effects on me.

Apr 12, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #5,022 of 8,377
There is just too much material in the helix area, when I wear them it sticks out way more on the left side.

I layed them on their face to compare the height and the left one has about 2mm more material.

There's also a small bubble on the face. Probably going to get them to fix that too, there shouldn't be any blemishes for the amount of $ these things cost.

How much they stick out is not the important part, whether they seal properly and do not cause pain is what you should be asking yourself.  If they fit and seal properly, it might not be a good idea to have them altered, as then they may not fit or seal anymore...

Apr 12, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #5,023 of 8,377
How much they stick out is not the important part, whether they seal properly and do not cause pain is what you should be asking yourself.  If they fit and seal properly, it might not be a good idea to have them altered, as then they may not fit or seal anymore...

Not concerned with how much they stick out. The fact that there's too much material is creating a pressure point.
When I wear both and look in the mirror, the top of my left monitor sticks out substantially more than the right one. When I said that it has 2mm more material, I was referring to the helix area on the left monitor.

I really wish they didn't have to go back.

Apr 12, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #5,024 of 8,377

I too believe in long term ear deformation.
A good fit should not feel tight at all and not have hotspots.
You should always get a refit otherwise.

Apr 12, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #5,025 of 8,377
Not concerned with how much they stick out. The fact that there's too much material is creating a pressure point.
When I wear both and look in the mirror, the top of my left monitor sticks out substantially more than the right one. When I said that it has 2mm more material, I was referring to the helix area on the left monitor.

I really wish they didn't have to go back.

When did you order please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back