New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Feb 16, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #3,781 of 8,377
I just got hold of my Roxanne. I was delivered last Monday but I was out of town. I am still suffering the effects of a jet lag and I need to crank up the volume a bit higher than usual to get to a good listen level.

I'll take Roxanne for the usual burn in before any serious comparison. My initial impression so far is the sound overall has much more weight than JH16. Cranking up the bass all the way to maximum is too much. Far more than the bass I remember from the demo I tried before. So far I like the bass settings from 10 o'clock to 2 o'clock.

For now here are the pics.

How's the original storage can? No issues fitting everything? Is the lid screw on or just push on ?

Thanks

Feb 16, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #3,782 of 8,377

I just got hold of my Roxanne. I was delivered last Monday but I was out of town. I am still suffering the effects of a jet lag and I need to crank up the volume a bit higher than usual to get to a good listen level.

I'll take Roxanne for the usual burn in before any serious comparison. My initial impression so far is the sound overall has much more weight than JH16. Cranking up the bass all the way to maximum is too much. Far more than the bass I remember from the demo I tried before. So far I like the bass settings from 10 o'clock to 2 o'clock.

For now here are the pics.

How's the original storage can? No issues fitting everything? Is the lid screw on or just push on ?

Thanks

I didn't go for the CF case. Who knows when JH can finish it. I got a perfect fit so far. That is just the regular screw on metal case which is perfectly fine for Roxanne. I only need to insert both monitors in my ears and instantly a perfect seal and comfort. Unlike my JH16, I still have to stretch my ear after the initial insert so it firmly wraps around the monitors to create a perfect seal.

I suppose the slightly bigger volume of the Roxanne helps with the easy fit/seal.

Feb 16, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #3,783 of 8,377
gratz HW.

regarding the fit, lolz I got the same experience too. The Rox is so easy to fit in I thought I haven't push in enough that I keep "PRESSing IT IN"

Quote:

I didn't go for the CF case. Who knows when JH can finish it. I got a perfect fit so far. That is just the regular screw on metal case which is perfectly fine for Roxanne. I only need to insert both monitors in my ears and instantly a perfect seal and comfort. Unlike my JH16, I still have to stretch my ear after the initial insert so it firmly wraps around the monitors to create a perfect seal.

I suppose the slightly bigger volume of the Roxanne helps with the easy fit/seal.

Feb 17, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #3,784 of 8,377
At long last, I finally broke down and called JH Audio (and spoke to Corbyn).  She couldn't have been more pleasant or helpful.  I was told I have approximately 15 people ahead of me.  They still would not speculate or estimate ship dates.  I said 1 week?  3 weeks?  2 months?  And she said, we just don't know.

I am early Nov, all CF, #11601.

She said the nuts are still a problem.  Both primary and secondary batches have the same pipe wrench problems.  She said NO problems have been encountered with clear cable.  The new aluminum nuts are estimated to arrive mid to end of March.  They will be replacing all defective cables.  They are NOT delaying shipping to wait for aluminum nuts.  Roxanne's are going out ASAP.

Hope this helps.

Feb 17, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #3,785 of 8,377
I have posted my number mid October
And I think it was 11315 so this makes no sense
As for time frame.
Just saying.
Al

Feb 17, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #3,787 of 8,377
That doesn't sound good! I would have at least expected her to deny it would take as long as two months but it look like it could well be longer. 
rolleyes.gif

Feb 17, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #3,788 of 8,377
I have posted my number mid October
And I think it was 11315 so this makes no sense
As for time frame.
Just saying.
Al

I don't think they isolate various products by order number.  I mean, all products no matter what kind gets a sequential order number.  Between when you ordered (11315) and when I ordered (11601), roughly 300 things were ordered.

So, by what I heard today your Roxanne's are within the next 15 to go out the door.  She said I had roughly 15 ahead of me.  It doesn't say much for when you will get them exactly but there aren't many ahead of you.

Feb 17, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #3,789 of 8,377
Who knows. It's a long road. But it will be worth the wait. Maybe this week. It's my birthday in a couple of days. I'll be 27. Lol

Al

Feb 17, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #3,794 of 8,377
It's funny when I ordered them I was hopefully for Christmas. And now I am hopeful for my birthday. Next we have Easter. LMAO.
And thanks for the birthday wishes
Al.

Feb 17, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #3,795 of 8,377
Thanks Rainykchan.  It is nice to know that your's is on it's way.  I have to admit it is nice to know that your invoice number was only 10 or so before mine....so that is hopeful.

As for you Al, it is a bummer to still be waiting and having the Acrylics moving out the door.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back