New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Feb 17, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #3,797 of 8,377
Thanks and we are sticking it out.
57 I am so friggen old how did this happen.
Al :D

Feb 17, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #3,798 of 8,377
At long last, I finally broke down and called JH Audio (and spoke to Corbyn).  She couldn't have been more pleasant or helpful.  I was told I have approximately 15 people ahead of me.  They still would not speculate or estimate ship dates.  I said 1 week?  3 weeks?  2 months?  And she said, we just don't know.

I am early Nov, all CF, #11601.

She said the nuts are still a problem.  Both primary and secondary batches have the same pipe wrench problems.  She said NO problems have been encountered with clear cable.  The new aluminum nuts are estimated to arrive mid to end of March.  They will be replacing all defective cables.  They are NOT delaying shipping to wait for aluminum nuts.  Roxanne's are going out ASAP.

Hope this helps.

What is the current reason for delay then? Waiting on carbon fiber cases?

EDIT: It seems as if they are shipping Roxannes out everyday now despite the cable set back.

Feb 17, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #3,799 of 8,377
I got the sense that Corbyn wanted to tell me more but seemed to catch herself. It must be a nightmare at JHA. Maybe they have had issues of making promises that they couldn't back up in the past. I don't know. AL I'm hoping you get lucky for your BDay

Feb 17, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #3,801 of 8,377
I have been watching this thread for some time now, and it have decided that I must get the JH Roxanne! Thank you everyone.

However, while I was at the Bay Area Head Fi meet yesterday, I purchased the Ultimate Ears Reference Monitors as a kind of impulse buy to hold me over until the JH issues are fixed and they get caught up with back orders (I'll use the UERM with my iPhone). Great local meet btw.

I did take the opportunity while I was there yesterday to get a set of impressions from an audiologist to send to JH for the Roxanne. So I guess I'll have the UERM and the JH Roxanne by summer 2014. I figure they will be very different sound signatures, especially after I set the JH bass to about the 12- 2pm position (estimate from what I have read on this thread so far). So I look forward to joining "the wait is killing me" group once I send in my impression to JH this week.

Also I want to let some folks know that I called JH about a month ago because I had questions about ordering the Roxanne and a very nice person answered within 2 rings and she answered my questions. Although JH is having manufacturing issues right now, there is no way that I can believe that their customer service is poor or that they don't care about the customer. As far as I am concerned, being able to call and have a real (and very nice) person answer my questions IS customer service. I'm ready for the waiting to begin!

Cheers,
F14 Sharky from Carmel

Feb 17, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #3,802 of 8,377

EDIT: It seems as if they are shipping Roxannes out everyday now despite the cable set back.

Corbyn said the entire CF process is very, very time consuming.  I think she said it was an eight day process for each monitor (not including the case).  She said that they completely underestimated the CF interest (orders).  They had one guy hired to do all the CF work.  They now have added three additional CF workers.  Plus the added ovens.  

She said the whole nut saga took on a life of its own.  They thought they had it fixed with batch 2 but that wasn't the case.  But she said the nut issue wasn't affecting shipping now.

Feb 17, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #3,803 of 8,377
I have been watching this thread for some time now, and it have decided that I must get the JH Roxanne! Thank you everyone.

However, while I was at the Bay Area Head Fi meet yesterday, I purchased the Ultimate Ears Reference Monitors as a kind of impulse buy to hold me over until the JH issues are fixed and they get caught up with back orders (I'll use the UERM with my iPhone). Great local meet btw.

I did take the opportunity while I was there yesterday to get a set of impressions from an audiologist to send to JH for the Roxanne. So I guess I'll have the UERM and the JH Roxanne by summer 2014. I figure they will be very different sound signatures, especially after I set the JH bass to about the 12- 2pm position (estimate from what I have read on this thread so far). So I look forward to joining "the wait is killing me" group once I send in my impression to JH this week.

Also I want to let some folks know that I called JH about a month ago because I had questions about ordering the Roxanne and a very nice person answered within 2 rings and she answered my questions. Although JH is having manufacturing issues right now, there is no way that I can believe that their customer service is poor or that they don't care about the customer. As far as I am concerned, being able to call and have a real (and very nice) person answer my questions IS customer service. I'm ready for the waiting to begin!

Cheers,
F14 Sharky from Carmel

I think you made a wise choice.  From what I heard last November when I demo'd the Roxanne, it is by far the best I have ever heard my music sound.  Welcome to the waiting game :)

Feb 17, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #3,804 of 8,377
Corbyn said the entire CF process is very, very time consuming.  I think she said it was an eight day process for each monitor (not including the case).  She said that they completely underestimated the CF interest (orders).  They had one guy hired to do all the CF work.  They now have added three additional CF workers.  Plus the added ovens.  

She said the whole nut saga took on a life of its own.  They though they had it fixed with batch 2 but that wasn't the case.  But she said the nut issue wasn't affecting shipping now.

Sounds like there isn't any shipping delay, it's just going to take time. Alright, that is a good news.

Feb 17, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #3,805 of 8,377

She said the whole nut saga took on a life of its own.  They though they had it fixed with batch 2 but that wasn't the case.  But she said the nut issue wasn't affecting shipping now.

Thanks for the info. That clears it up a bit.

Feb 18, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #3,806 of 8,377
I wrote Angie, and after a lot of insisting, she admitted that they took all the money from the Roxanne orders and bought a giant gumball machine for their office.

So they will not be able to honor the orders, but we can each of us get a giant gumball. So neat !

Feb 18, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #3,809 of 8,377
I wrote Angie, and after a lot of insisting, she admitted that they took all the money from the Roxanne orders and bought a giant gumball machine for their office.

So they will not be able to honor the orders, but we can each of us get a giant gumball. So neat !

I guess I'm no longer eligible for the gumball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back