New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Feb 8, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #3,526 of 8,377

Right there with you, friends...

Has anyone who, like me, ordered CF on BF received their Roxys?

And if so, what was your order #? If, indeed, JHA is working in FIFO order. If someone ordered in January and got their CF before I did, that would make me cranky (-er than usual.)

Early November, #11601 CF.  Did impressions at JHA in Orlando same day.  Nothing yet!  Anxiously awaiting an eargasm.  Living through others every day in this post.

Feb 8, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #3,527 of 8,377
I also ordered on BF. Impressions overnighted and confirmed at Florida on the following Monday morning.  Still waiting and hoping for FIFO.  Planning on calling in on Monday to get and update on how things are going.  

Feb 8, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #3,528 of 8,377
I don't mean to rub it in - just for those who may have missed it and are on the fence switching to acrylic.

I ordered CF on BF and just switched last week, both Roxannes and case away from CF.  Corbyn sent a note that my Roxannes will ship on the week of the 17th.  

Feb 9, 2014 at 5:11 AM Post #3,530 of 8,377
Feb 9, 2014 at 5:12 AM Post #3,531 of 8,377
  I don't mean to rub it in - just for those who may have missed it and are on the fence switching to acrylic.

I ordered CF on BF and just switched last week, both Roxannes and case away from CF.  Corbyn sent a note that my Roxannes will ship on the week of the 17th.  

I wouldn't hold my breath. They have been telling me my order will ship "this Thursday" for the past three weeks 
rolleyes.gif

(acrylic shell and metal round case)

Feb 9, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #3,533 of 8,377
Zorin. I have read your comments and now read this. First off we only hear in two dimensions. Pressure and time, now given there is only two to use our ears and brains must make all the rest that we think we hear up on the spot as we hear it. Some of this is done by the ripples of our outer ears. The rest is done by our brain. So this is one reason why IEM,s will not give you staging as people claim. Next the headphones . The hd800 most likely had the best staging of most any headphone. And sennheiser must of spent a lot of time developing this headphone to have the sound signature and quality it does. Next would be speakers they actually give you real staging both left and right of the speakers. But even they do not give you up and down so only one plain of hearing. Now next drivers as it could be drivers that cause the effect you state . But none of really know how hearing really works, so to make a statement regarding the planers just does not sit with me very well. And given the he6 is one of my faves and the infinity speakers I have are too. I am partial to nay nay to your comments. And next the he6 has some nice sound staging anyway as I have the stax too I still like the he6 better. Sorry but we will have to agree to disagree.

Al

A - Buddy, the humans are creatures with two eyes and two ears and when both of these sets of organs work properly then the result is the ability of stereoscopic vision and the ability of stereoscopic hearing. That means seeing and hearing in 3D - three dimensions. You hear in two dimensions when listening to an improperly recorded music and / or listening to headphones that do not have a good ability to project three dimensional soundspace.
- http://stereos.about.com/od/glossary/g/soundstage.htm

670px-Plot-Points-in-Three-Dimensions-Step-8.jpg

A soundstage / soundspace / soundfield has three dimensions, here represented by three straight lines. Axis ' y ' represents the dimension left to right, ' z ' up to down and ' x ' represents front to back.  'Staging' that you mentioned is left to right dimension. I do not dispute that I.E.M.s and planar magnetic headphones can, some better than others, present left to right arrangement of musical instruments and voices, left to right 'soundstage' along the 'y ' axis. The problem is that the I.E.M.s and planar magnetics are inferior, when compared to the electrodynamic headphones, in presenting / projecting the proper 3 dimensional soundfield. The dimension of depth, hearing instruments and voices placed along the ' x ' axis is lacking in I.E.M.s and in planar magnetic headphones. In other words when a keyboard instrument is placed behind a singer and drums are placed behind a keyboard, I.E.M.s and planar magnetics tend to push them together, one cannot hear this drums behind a keyboard and a keyboard behind a singer spacial separation and distance, front to back along the ' x ' axis. The soundfield is flattened.
Regarding up to down dimension ' z ' - with properly set up microphones a recording can show the 'height' of the instruments, their distance from the ground level. If that level is a crowd 'pit' at a concert and the band is on an elevated stage then a well done recording of this event will present the sound of the band as coming from a higher position compared to the sound of a crowd below.
B - There is no reason for you to be upset, HE6 are good headphones, enjoy them; it is a quirk of the Universe that there are no perfect headphones [but some are better than others].

Feb 9, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #3,534 of 8,377
ZORICH sorry if I appeared upset. And your illustrations are really cool. But the fact is we only hear in two demensions and our brains take the various delays of tiny echis and makes up the rest. Now given no body really knows how the whole hearing delay staging thing works it is pull accidental we hear any at all. And for us to think it is accrue the other then left to right and fron to back is just not correct. Consider the many facets Ina recording of multiple mic , channel recording. Yes there is some info but mostly trickery. Visit ps audio go to Paul'sosts there is ample discussion there about this . Our brains have programming what we hear to what've see. So the part of we see through our eyes is kinda true.
So I am not saying you are wrong about the headphones as I own a few if I did a test I might hear what you are saying and as such it would be true. But how we arrive at the conclusion is just way off and just conjecture. Given the hd800 has the best soundstage it is obvious they must have tuned and designed for it. This is why I am not for modding my headphones but will use EQ .i have a phonitor slp amp it can change where the center is and make it mono as well. In the end it's trickery we hear only a live performance really had the the whole sound stage we think we hear with any other kind of reproduction. Including speakers.

Al

Feb 9, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #3,536 of 8,377
  I wouldn't hold my breath. They have been telling me my order will ship "this Thursday" for the past three weeks 
rolleyes.gif

(acrylic shell and metal round case)

Also... the last case of CF reported being shipped/received was one of the first being ordered... I haven't heard anything that they already started shipping out the mid/late Oct-Nov CF orders... 
This makes me wonder whether the 'new ovens' are pushing our luck...

My order# 12091, BF CF and impressions received on the 5th of December.

Feb 9, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #3,537 of 8,377
Guys, I would like to remind everyone waiting that this is not an assembly line product, FIFO doesn't necessarily work. It's a FI-ASAP-O process. If you have simple ears, it may take them X days, if you have complex ears it may take them Y days. There is a huge amount of refinement both before (on your impressions) and after (on your shells), and there may be lots of hurdles (like bore drilling and driver positioning complications) that come with "less than" simple ears. 

So stop worrying about your order # and date. No two orders are the same, it's a custom product and it takes a custom amount of time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back