New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Feb 7, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #3,496 of 8,377
  Hi Roxanne ower.

I'm just curious about people who receive their Roxanne, what is your setting of the control box?

Thanks
popcorn.gif

You mean the bass control pots? If so, I have mine on about 1-2pm.

Feb 7, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #3,497 of 8,377
I'm getting my Roxannes back on Monday. I would usually change mine from the lowest setting to 1 o'clock depending on the song.

Feb 7, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #3,500 of 8,377
You send them in for a re-fit or something?

Yep. I didn't want to part with them, so I sent them in after having them for two weeks.

Feb 8, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #3,506 of 8,377

What about those planar magnetic headphones? I don't think they work on a concave principle.

Planar magnetic technology headphones have flat two dimensional presentation of soundstage. There is no soundfield, no depth, no third dimension. The sound have width but no depth, it seems to be stuck on a wall. To me that is a big minus for planar magnetic headphones.

Feb 8, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #3,507 of 8,377
Planar magnetic technology headphones have flat two dimensional presentation of soundstage. There is no soundfield, no depth, no third dimension. The sound have width but no depth, it seems to be stuck on a wall. To me that is a big minus for planar magnetic headphones.

Are you sure? Most if not all of the TOTL headphones like Oppo-1, entire Audeze range of headphones like Lcd2/3/X/XC, He-6, etc. are planar magnetic. Won't that mean they are all inferior to normal dynamic headphones?

Feb 8, 2014 at 2:41 AM Post #3,508 of 8,377

Can you post a link of your source for this comment? The depth of the music has nothing to do with the shape of the diaphram. Regardless of the type of drivers usef the basic principle is the same. Sound is produced by the vibration of the driver's diaphram.

Depth is just a perception how a driver produces specific sounds relative to each instruments in the scene. Say a cymbal sounds softer than a guitar or vocals create an illusion the drums is behind the guitar. Now it depends on how soft the cymbals relative to the guitar creates the virtual depth. Now if you factor in the left and right channel balance give you the coordinates of an instrument on a virtual soundstage.

I have never read from anywhere the shape of the diaphram influences any aspect of a drivers ability to produce sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back