New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Jan 15, 2014 at 9:41 AM Post #2,686 of 8,377

No, that makes it worse. An impedance cable is in-line, serial resistance. That basically lowers damping factor. You want higher damping factor.

Sorry for my ignorance on the technicalities, so it is important to get a player with really low out impedance, somewhere around 1 ohms? Especially if I'm planning to use the Roxannes at somewhat minimum bass? So what actually happens to the sound when you use a players with say, 10 ohms output impedance?

Jan 15, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #2,687 of 8,377
Sorry for my ignorance on the technicalities, so it is important to get a player with really low out impedance, somewhere around 1 ohms? Especially if I'm planning to use the Roxannes at somewhat minimum bass? So what actually happens to the sound when you use a players with say, 10 ohms output impedance?
Well depending the impedance curve, you could get huge bass roll off (Miracles and Tera) or nothing (NT6 and Tera).

Jan 15, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #2,688 of 8,377
A couple days ago I inquired about possibly switching to acrylic if the extra time for CF will be more than a few weeks and this is the response...

"Hello Beau,
Your order will definitely a longer wait. Probably a couple more months. I'd be happy to refund you for the CF and change the color of your shell. You can have CF faceplates and pick a color for your shell.

Thanks,
Angie"

If not carbon fiber then I want to see those insides!  Switched it to this:

Jan 15, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #2,689 of 8,377
Well depending the impedance curve, you could get huge bass roll off (Miracles and Tera) or nothing (NT6 and Tera).

For the complete retards like me?  What can I do to improve the sound between my Roxanne and AK120?  Should I turn the bass all the way up or down?  Is there anything that I can do in between to help (cables, mods)? 

From just my listening, it sounds better with the bass at maximum.  Very few songs has too bright tremble ...

Thanks in advance

Jan 15, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #2,690 of 8,377
  A couple days ago I inquired about possibly switching to acrylic if the extra time for CF will be more than a few weeks and this is the response...

"Hello Beau,
Your order will definitely a longer wait. Probably a couple more months. I'd be happy to refund you for the CF and change the color of your shell. You can have CF faceplates and pick a color for your shell.

Thanks,
Angie"

Quick update - gave them a call and talked to Corbyn.  She said that part of the issue is while the CF takes an extra 6 days or so, they can only do so many in parallel at a time.  Apparently they have a couple new CF ovens coming within the next week that may speed things up significantly, so she asked me to get in touch with her next week before changing my order just yet.

Jan 15, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #2,691 of 8,377

"[COLOR=222222]Hello Beau,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]Your order will definitely a longer wait. Probably a couple more months. I'd be happy to refund you for the CF and change the color of your shell. You can have CF faceplates and pick a color for your shell.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]Thanks,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]Angie"[/COLOR]

If not carbon fiber then I want to see those insides!  Switched it to this:

When did you order? A couple of months is a darn long wait for anything...

Jan 15, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #2,692 of 8,377
My cable connector broke. Nuts!

Jan 15, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #2,694 of 8,377
Oh god, I hope my got no issue.

+1
redface.gif

Jan 15, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #2,697 of 8,377
My cable connector broke. Nuts!

Welcome to the club ... According to the explanation video, you might be using a pipe wrench on it 
beerchug.gif

Jan 15, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #2,700 of 8,377
Welcome to the club ... According to the explanation video, you might be using a pipe wrench on it :beerchug:

Pipe wrench must be code for not touching it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back