New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Jan 14, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #2,656 of 8,377
The 240 isnt out yet, but SQ wise I think the 901, followed by the ZX1, then AK120, but that's IMO

thanks viceriouszero for the reply,

hm 901 comes with balanced card and a card for iem , which do u think i should buy ? 
also u suggest hm 901 over the ak120 , is it ? 

and with these players i won't be needing a separate dac and amplifier as these are good enough for the roxannes ???

thanks 

Jan 14, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #2,657 of 8,377
  thanks viceriouszero for the reply,

hm 901 comes with balanced card and a card for iem , which do u think i should buy ? 
also u suggest hm 901 over the ak120 , is it ? 

and with these players i won't be needing a separate dac and amplifier as these are good enough for the roxannes ???

thanks 

I like the sound of the 901 and it doesnt need a seperate DAC or amp. the AK120 also sounds good and is nice and portable but the interface is a little clunky especially when you have more music.

Jan 14, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #2,658 of 8,377

I like the sound of the 901 and it doesnt need a seperate DAC or amp. the AK120 also sounds good and is nice and portable but the interface is a little clunky especially when you have more music.

so which card with the hm901 ? 
balanced card or iem card for roxannes ?

http://www.head-direct.com/Products/?cid=5&orderfield=product_price&ordertype=desc

if u c the link, there r 4 versions of 901, which do u suggest for the roxannes ?

thanks again !

Jan 14, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #2,659 of 8,377
  so which card with the hm901 ? 
balanced card or iem card for roxannes ?

http://www.head-direct.com/Products/?cid=5&orderfield=product_price&ordertype=desc

if u c the link, there r 4 versions of 901, which do u suggest for the roxannes ?

thanks again !

I use balanced :)

Jan 14, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #2,661 of 8,377
  can any1 plz suggest which dac, dap, and cable i should buy with the roxanne ?? please , i am a newbie in high end audio stuff and i have no clue or understanding of what you people with high understanding and knowledge are talking about .

i simply want the best sounding portable rig , money is not a concern 

i bought the shure se 535 in 2011 and recently bought the e17 fiio after two years cause i didn't know how important and amplifier would be, so u can imagine how low my knowledge is. 

i was thinking of the ak240 but maybe the hm 901 or x5 or zx1, i have no idea

please ur suggestions are most welcome. 

thank u !

Like VisceriousZERO mentioned, the AK240 is not out yet.  If you need something NOW, the AK120 is one of the best options (Want to buy mine?  
ksc75smile.gif
). If you can wait, the AK240 should be available pretty soon.  This is all you would need for a Mobile rig. The AK120 has more than enough power to drive the Roxanne.  The AK120 sounds amazing with the Roxanne and the AK240 should bring some upgrades like more space, more processing power, balanced options, etc ....  The other options you listed has their pros and cons, FOR ME, overall the AK120 is what makes sense because of capacity, DSD, DSF, battery life, sound quality, etc ...

Jan 14, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #2,662 of 8,377

Like other VisceriousZERO mentioned, the AK240 is not out yet.  If you need something NOW, the AK120 is one of the best options (Want to buy mine?  
ksc75smile.gif
). If you can wait, the AK240 should be available pretty soon.  This is all you would need for a Mobile rig. The AK120 has more than enough power to drive the Roxanne.  The AK120 sound amazing with the Roxanne and the AK240 should bring some upgrades like more space, more processing power, balanced options, etc ....  The other options you listed has their pros and cons, FOR ME, overall the AK120 is what makes sense because of capacity, DSD, DSF, battery life, sound quality, etc ...

thanks perdigao for your suggestion.

even i was considering the ak120, but i read it has a lot of issues with it and people have been selling theirs. that is why am a bit concerned regarding astell n kern. even you are offering to sell yours. 
lol 

also I've read that the sq in hm901 is a lot better than ak120 . 
but i have to agree that the ak120 is alot more portable than 901

Jan 14, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #2,663 of 8,377

even i was considering the ak120, but i read it has a lot of issues with it and people have been selling theirs. that is why am a bit concerned regarding astell n kern. even you are offering to sell yours. 
lol 

what kind of issues?

Jan 14, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #2,664 of 8,377

lol 

Almost everyone (including myself) are selling theirs because the AK240 is just around the corner.  The Roxanne and the AK240 will be a perfect couple once the balanced cable becomes available (see a couple posts back).

The main issue with the AK120 is lack of processing power.  If you use DSD/DSF files, it takes so much to play them that the interface becomes really slow.  The AK240 should not have that issue!  It is an issue, but most of the other players don't even play DSD/DSF files ...

Jan 14, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #2,666 of 8,377
user interface is not their strong suite i agree. afterall, they arent apple.
but sq wise its the most neutral dap ive come across.
i dont know about the sd issues u are talking about, im getting normal usb speeds transferring content into it.

Have you demo one before?

Jan 14, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #2,667 of 8,377
Almost everyone (including myself) are selling theirs because the AK240 is just around the corner.  The Roxanne and the AK240 will be a perfect couple once the balanced cable becomes available (see a couple posts back).

The main issue with the AK120 is lack of processing power.  If you use DSD/DSF files, it takes so much to play them that the interface becomes really slow.  The AK240 should not have that issue!  It is an issue, but most of the other players don't even play DSD/DSF files ...

selling because of upgraditis :)

Jan 15, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #2,668 of 8,377
SQ wise, it lose out to HM901 but for me the main reason I sold the AK120 is the UI. Having live in Apple eco-system, I do feel that their UI is a bit primitive, especially if all the 192Gb memory is fully used.
Once I received the Roxanne (dunno when), I will start exploring for new DAP. Currently Sony ZX1 is in my radar, and hopefully once Calyx M is launched, I'll be looking into it as well

Jan 15, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #2,669 of 8,377
user interface is not their strong suite i agree. afterall, they arent apple.
but sq wise its the most neutral dap ive come across.
i dont know about the sd issues u are talking about, im getting normal usb speeds transferring content into it.

Have you demo one before?

no, in new delhi, no one even sells high end audiophile products
i have to order everything online, I've just been reading here n there,

i guess ill just wait till ak240 is released and see what people have to say about it with the roxannes including you. 

any idea on the release date n price ?

Jan 15, 2014 at 12:04 AM Post #2,670 of 8,377
SQ wise, it lose out to HM901 but for me the main reason I sold the AK120 is the UI. Having live in Apple eco-system, I do feel that their UI is a bit primitive, especially if all the 192Gb memory is fully used.
Once I received the Roxanne (dunno when), I will start exploring for new DAP. Currently Sony ZX1 is in my radar, and hopefully once Calyx M is launched, I'll be looking into it as well

n i will be waiting for your comments 
lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back