New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Dec 26, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #2,117 of 8,377
do you mind taking a quick in ear photo? i want to see the aesthetic of how much farther they protrude than the 16s.. thanks!

Its sticking out like my Kaiser 10s, so its pretty big. I'll try to get a photo later :)

I do not have the option to design when I submitted my order, once submitted in the iem designer it only show full carbon fibre mock up, no other options were available.

Try to email them :)

Dec 26, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #2,118 of 8,377
Dec 26, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #2,121 of 8,377
Dec 26, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #2,123 of 8,377
Oh that's fantastic, looks like I won't even need to trim that plug to be case friendly. Thanks Viscerious! Now tell us about the sound
biggrin.gif

No problem, bud :)

I'm drawing a few initial impressions here, its definitely a darker sound than the 13s, with the highs just a little bit laid back. Bass is, of course, variant. When I first popped them in they were set to full bass, and I immediately toned it down to around the 10 o'clock area, where there's enough bass and enough detail in the highs (the sound seemed like the highs were pushed back by the bass) that made me enjoy. I do immediately note that they're not as warm as the Kaiser 10s (which are amazing for vocals), but they're more accurate and probably a bit more honest as well. As I noted in my preliminary notes on the Kaiser 10 they're balanced but not neutral. The Roxannes are more in the area of neutral while the balance is probably up to the guy tuning them. I'm going to spend a few more days with them and come back to you guys.

Dec 27, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #2,124 of 8,377
Oh that's fantastic, looks like I won't even need to trim that plug to be case friendly. Thanks Viscerious! Now tell us about the sound
biggrin.gif

No problem, bud :)

I'm drawing a few initial impressions here, its definitely a darker sound than the 13s, with the highs just a little bit laid back. Bass is, of course, variant. When I first popped them in they were set to full bass, and I immediately toned it down to around the 10 o'clock area, where there's enough bass and enough detail in the highs (the sound seemed like the highs were pushed back by the bass) that made me enjoy. I do immediately note that they're not as warm as the Kaiser 10s (which are amazing for vocals), but they're more accurate and probably a bit more honest as well. As I noted in my preliminary notes on the Kaiser 10 they're balanced but not neutral. The Roxannes are more in the area of neutral while the balance is probably up to the guy tuning them. I'm going to spend a few more days with them and come back to you guys.

Pretty normal, tuning the bass down and raising the volume will present more of the mids and highs. Just wondering how the high freq response is, the 13/16 feel bright because of a peak from 7 to 10K, does the Roxanne feel less bright but more airy/spacious? That's what I'm hoping from the improved treble extension...

Hope you're having fun! :D

Dec 27, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #2,126 of 8,377
Pretty normal, tuning the bass down and raising the volume will present more of the mids and highs. Just wondering how the high freq response is, the 13/16 feel bright because of a peak from 7 to 10K, does the Roxanne feel less bright but more airy/spacious? That's what I'm hoping from the improved treble extension...

Hope you're having fun!
biggrin.gif

I need more time with these things, before I can answer that :)

Dec 27, 2013 at 1:22 AM Post #2,127 of 8,377
Lookin' good, also your impressions so far are sounding as I would expect.

Mine are on track for delivery tomorrow.
redface.gif

Dec 27, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #2,128 of 8,377
  Lookin' good, also your impressions so far are sounding as I would expect.

Mine are on track for delivery tomorrow.
redface.gif

Yeah! Pics! or it didnt happen! hahaha

Dec 27, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #2,130 of 8,377

- Any issues with the CF finish work?  Anything about these seem 'rushed'?

I unfortunately see a couple things with mine that seem "rushed".
At least one of the ear pieces has finger print marks in the acylic itself.  These do not was off and are under the final "clear coat" layer or what ever is put over the writing/art.
Also on the inside of the case there are several finger prints of dried glue on the bottom of the case.  Likely from glue on the fingers when gluing the clear plastic "negative" holders to the carbon fiber.  Also some shoddy glue work done on this part as well ruining an area of the carbon fiber finish.

How do they sound?  Off the bat very dark and muffled.  Using the same source as I did to audition them at Can Jam.  Sound nothing alike.  Assuming they just need some break in.  I remember my JH11Pros sounding terrible when I first got them as well.  Will reserve judement on the sound for several days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back