New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Dec 17, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #1,667 of 8,377
OK, just to clarify, so given the fact that I have ordered CF customs, I am in for an undetermined long wait, unless I change to acrylic? Right?

G-reat :)

Theyre starting to ship customs this week. Mine are CF and may ship end of the week. Though I did order once I heard the news from head-fi tv.

Dec 17, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #1,670 of 8,377
  Does anyone know if the CF finish includes a UV inhibitor, so I can use mine on walks? Or should they be limited to indoor use only?

I think you can be quite confident of it being UV-tolerant, since many laminating resins these days are UV-tolerant as part of their standard specification.

Dec 17, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #1,671 of 8,377
NO cf in universals only customs.

Errr... I got that first-hand info from JH Audio themselves, there IS a CF Universal Roxanne.

Theyre starting to ship customs this week. Mine are CF and may ship end of the week. Though I did order once I heard the news from head-fi tv.

So there's a CF delay for some? but not others?

I'm going for a lie down. I can't figure it out!

Its confusinating

Dec 17, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #1,672 of 8,377

Update from Angie.

CF Roxanne piece will not ship until after the New Year. If you change to the Regular Roxanne I can ship the first week back in January. Otherwise I cannot give you a date for the CF Roxanne.

Just as many of us already suspected...

I think it would've been better if they'd been upfront about it. There's no shame in telling customers they're having a hard time with the CF manufacturing process (I'm actually impressed that they're doing such intricate CF work). What does p1$$ people off is if they pretend everything's OK, and only admit it when pushed.

I wonder if it might be better for JHA to simply apologise to customers and withdraw the CF option altogether. A well-made acrylic CIEM looks just fine (great, actually). They know how to do acrylic work, and can catch up with the backlog far more efficiently that way.

Honesty generally tends to be the best policy...

That's really disappointing... i was hoping they would be truly neutral...as i was about to take the plunge into truly hi end territory,

100% completely and totally agree. If it is true, then the Roxanne is not for me.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I absolutely cannot understand the point of having adjustable bass response if it doesn't encompass a 'neutral' option/setting within the range of adjustability.

However, since there seems to be some disagreement about the neutrality / lack of neutrality, I shall continue to await in-depth reviews before I conclude that the Roxanne really is unsuitable for me.

Dec 17, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #1,674 of 8,377
How does the lowest bass setting sound with the:
*iDevices?
*AK100/120?
*Android devices?
*Cowon?
*Colorfly?
*iBasso?
*Hifiman?
*Rocoo?
*others?
I find it slightly north of neutral with the HM-901 and really neutral with the AK120. Your inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Did you use the balanced or IEM amp card...?
I am currently considering buying a 901 but I am not sure if I should buy the balanced or IEM card...? which one would you recommend?

Dec 17, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #1,675 of 8,377

100% completely and totally agree. If it is true, then the Roxanne is not for me.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I absolutely cannot understand the point of having adjustable bass response if it doesn't encompass a 'neutral' option/setting within the range of adjustability.

However, since there seems to be some disagreement about the neutrality / lack of neutrality, I shall continue to await in-depth reviews before I conclude that the Roxanne really is unsuitable for me.

Okay from what I understand the varying bass thing is actually kind of like a variable resistor which reduces the amount of current going to the bass drivers. So that means the cable resistor design defines the amount of bass you're going to get. So technically with the high enough resistance you can get no frequency response from the bass drivers at all. That also means aftermarket cables or any other cable jerry designs would be able to alter the range of bass amount by using different types of resistors. 

Dec 17, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #1,676 of 8,377
  Okay from what I understand the varying bass thing is actually kind of like a variable resistor which reduces the amount of current going to the bass drivers. So that means the cable resistor design defines the amount of bass you're going to get. So technically with the high enough resistance you can get no frequency response from the bass drivers at all. That also means aftermarket cables or any other cable jerry designs would be able to alter the range of bass amount by using different types of resistors. 

Mmmmmm... I suppose so.... yes, that is a fair point.

I'd be reluctant to chance it, but your logic is...ermm... well, logical.

I'm still sitting on the fence:

Dec 17, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #1,679 of 8,377
From what Jerry told me, the bass knob starts at -0.5db at 8 oclock, 0db at 9 and max at 15db at 4 oclock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSqHOo32gz8---- Jerry stating 0 to 15db at max boost
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_G62IGzJE0     3:50-> again 0 to 15 db... nothing about a minus... :)

Dec 17, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #1,680 of 8,377
Never rely on a salesman to tell you the whole truth, especially when they are also making the product they are selling...

They are too strongly motivated to tell you what they think you want to hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back