New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Dec 17, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #1,681 of 8,377

I felt that the Roxanne is missing something compared to the 13,
I can't really tell you what it is, but something IS missing.

Also I honestly felt that the Roxanne is still bassier than the 13 even with the lowest bass setting,
perhaps the reason comes from my choice of songs when I demo-ed them.

Smells like a teen Spirit - Nirvana
Iron Man - Black Sabbath
Enter Sandman - Metallica
Symphony No.5 - Beethoven
Cello Suites No.1 - J S Bach
Les Berceaux - Gabriel Faure

(I apologize for my amateur-ish description)

I suspect that they're a bit warmer in the midbass regardless of the low bass difference and that's what you're hearing.

Dec 17, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #1,682 of 8,377
The resistance in the wire is too small to matter it is less than an ohm or so

The resistance in the amp is more and it does not effect the BA S. IT EFFECTS THE CROSS OVER
this is why we. We need low output resistance on the output. I always wondered why myself
Go to the amp thread and read up for a better answer
Not picking at anybody here just giving you the facts

Dec 17, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #1,683 of 8,377
For the family tree...

Corbyn is Director of Marketing at JHAUDIO™ (this is what her email signature says).

Dec 17, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #1,684 of 8,377
Like I said , If done properly the CF option is a steal for $200.

What I don't understand is they could of started making/preparing for the orders made all the way back in Oct.
JHA had a pretty good idea of how many orders they had pre dec and chose not to do **** and just wait ..wait and wait..
I know the CF option is new but they should of worked it all out before announcing it. Who the hell releases a product for sell without knowing the in and outs of manufacturing it.

Cann't really blame ppl being impatient about all this, as there were lies after lies about what was causing the delay and everyone waiting was left in the dark. All ppl heard was they will start shipping next week...that was 3 weeks ago...
They could of just sent an email to everyone explaining truthfully about the delay and there wont be so much complaints.

I won't be surprised if the CF ones start shipping late Jan...

Dec 17, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #1,686 of 8,377
i think it is the sound signature of roxanne that makes people think sound bassy even at lowest knob or dap pairing.

i gave it a second hearing, and that is what i feel as i turn the knob up gradually while listening. it is very well implemented. i would say you get stronger bass instead of having extra bass which i find it great on some of my tracks.

Dec 17, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #1,687 of 8,377
i think it is the sound signature of roxanne that makes people think sound bassy even at lowest knob or dap pairing.

i gave it a second hearing, and that is what i feel as i turn the knob up gradually while listening. it is very well implemented. i would say you get stronger bass instead of having extra bass which i find it great on some of my tracks.

I've seen many impressions that states the sound of the Roxanne is super "dense", probably because of the sheer number of drivers. Do you have any comments on that?

Dec 17, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #1,690 of 8,377
The resistance in the wire is too small to matter it is less than an ohm or so

The resistance in the amp is more and it does not effect the BA S. IT EFFECTS THE CROSS OVER
this is why we. We need low output resistance on the output. I always wondered why myself
Go to the amp thread and read up for a better answer
Not picking at anybody here just giving you the facts

Is that why a crossoverless single driver Etymotic can change it's sig with the addition of a resistor. It affects everything. Drivers may not be the same impedance as each other and their impedances change with frequency as well.

Dec 17, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #1,691 of 8,377
I thought the same as you my friend and now let me school you as was done for me. The single driver has coil and such has a damping effect like speakers does.
So yes it does effect it. But not for the same reason.

Al D

Dec 17, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #1,692 of 8,377
I've seen many impressions that states the sound of the Roxanne is super "dense", probably because of the sheer number of drivers. Do you have any comments on that?

tested on dx50 fw 1.2.2
the roxanne sound has alot of muscle to it. every tone. so i think maybe that why some say its dense. when you listen to a more studio or small area music piece, u may find it dense. if u listen to a wider music piece u wont feel much. i think thats why some prefer to another top brand in this aspect.

imagine a small beach with 3 person. 1 rowing a boat in the sea, 1 riding a stallion galloping along the beach, 1 sitting on the beach watching all and the beautiful seagulls on the sky. imo roxanne is the one riding on the stallion.

Dec 17, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #1,693 of 8,377
tested on dx50 fw 1.2.2
the roxanne sound has alot of muscle to it. every tone. so i think maybe that why some say its dense. when you listen to a more studio or small area music piece, u may find it dense. if u listen to a wider music piece u wont feel much. i think thats why some prefer to another top brand in this aspect.

imagine a small beach with 3 person. 1 rowing a boat in the sea, 1 riding a stallion galloping along the beach, 1 sitting on the beach watching all and the beautiful seagulls on the sky. imo roxanne is the one riding on the stallion.

I'm looking the one that rides a stallion, watching seagulls, on a boat. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back