New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Dec 21, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #7,291 of 8,377
I slept on it. I'm most likely not buying CIEMs over $2000 myself. For under $2000 I can buy an amazing set of CIEMs (The Roxanne), get Rock and Roll tuning which I think I'll like better anyway, and use the rest of that "Layla" money towards something else cool. Unless Layla is worlds upon worlds better I don't need that kind of uber expensive diminishing returns. I'm glad it exists but it's not for me.

Good for you. Actually, at $2000 you can even get two TOTL CIEMs from other companies that aren't so good at marketing. Take your pick of which company, too- there are more than one that price their TOTL at ~$1000.

Dec 21, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #7,292 of 8,377
Good for you. Actually, at $2000 you can even get two TOTL CIEMs from other companies that aren't so good at marketing. Take your pick of which company, too- there are more than one that price their TOTL at ~$1000.

Actually, come to think of it, you could get a JH13, JH16 and a DX50/X3 for the price of a Layla. :xf_eek:

Dec 21, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #7,293 of 8,377
Im definitely a guy who understands having to have the latest and greatest but, I think at some point you have to draw the line. As someone who uses their IEMs daily for extended periods of time I can justify a lot of price points simply because its one of a very few things probably outside of my phone and my computer that I use the most. Consequently I had no problem shelling out $1300 for my Roxanne UF and would also have no problem dropping $1649 for the custom version of which I've been strongly considering.

However, even to someone like me who price doesn't normally bother much, $2499 is more than Im willing to spend. Especially for a product in a market where once you get so far up the ladder the law of diminishing returns really starts to hit. At this point you're ultimately just paying for aesthetics and different sound signatures as opposed to a truly "better" product.

I can't say I'm really upset at JHA over all this but then again I also didn't wait 8-10 months for a product that I thought was the flagship model so I can definitely see where this would anger people. JHA has certainly made some poor decisions in the past year causing their reputation to take quite a hit, at least around these parts. Its hard to believe they would compound that by what I'm sure some would consider a sort of slap in the face. Here you are, you just dropped $1700+ on a product that took an inordinate amount of time to get to you and by the time you get it guess what? Here's a new "even better" flagship model that in all likelihood was in the works the entire time they were proclaiming that the Roxanne would be the TOTL of the Siren Series. 

Will be interesting to see if people line up for this like they did with the Roxanne and simply forgive and forget or if JHA may have finally gone too far. 

Dec 22, 2014 at 2:57 AM Post #7,294 of 8,377
There seems to be quite a few people who agree that JH has had a string of bad decisions. I just wish Jerry would come to this thread and address his clients, that would show a mesure of respect.

I know they read this thread, because when I started complaining about the endless delay and endless refits, they started taking me more seriously at their customer service, and they printed "Mimouille" on my Roxanne box...

Dec 22, 2014 at 7:05 AM Post #7,296 of 8,377

I can't say I'm really upset at JHA over all this but then again I also didn't wait 8-10 months for a product that I thought was the flagship model so I can definitely see where this would anger people. JHA has certainly made some poor decisions in the past year causing their reputation to take quite a hit, at least around these parts. Its hard to believe they would compound that by what I'm sure some would consider a sort of slap in the face. Here you are, you just dropped $1700+ on a product that took an inordinate amount of time to get to you and by the time you get it guess what? Here's a new "even better" flagship model that in all likelihood was in the works the entire time they were proclaiming that the Roxanne would be the TOTL of the Siren Series. 

Will be interesting to see if people line up for this like they did with the Roxanne and simply forgive and forget or if JHA may have finally gone too far. 

JHA are in this to make money, but I believe they can make smart/better business decisions while they're at it. At this juncture, their reputation has taken quite a hit. I must be one of the few who is even remotely considering a Layla, when so many forum friends/members have spoken of their disdain for the introduction of a new flagship so soon after the Roxanne.

If I were JHA, I would do some damage control by coming clean on this issue and assure customers that the Layla is indeed the true TOTL flagship of the Sirens series. No more empty promises and fancy marketing spiel. The last thing any Layla customer wants to see is the obsolescence of his 2.5 grand IEM less than a year after purchase.

There seems to be quite a few people who agree that JH has had a string of bad decisions. I just wish Jerry would come to this thread and address his clients, that would show a mesure of respect.

I know they read this thread, because when I started complaining about the endless delay and endless refits, they started taking me more seriously at their customer service, and they printed "Mimouille" on my Roxanne box...

We could write to Jerry in a group email? There's no stopping the Layla, but I just want him to know how we feel regarding this issue. I certainly don't want any (future) JHA purchases to be outdated even before I receive them.

Dec 22, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #7,298 of 8,377
I already suggested the group email and would happily co-sign it.

Haha. From your posts, sounds like they're already used to receiving activist communication from you! I can just imagine them saying, 'Mimouille again?'

Dec 22, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #7,299 of 8,377
Think this time, JHA will receive more than just Mimouille's reply. 

It has come to a point where the product, the marketing, the pricing and most importantly, the promise, have reach past the breaking point of many if not most audiophiles here. 

Dec 22, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #7,300 of 8,377
Or just stop buying his products. 

That's the only way Jerry will actually hear (care) what people think.

If hes cashing 100 of those $2500.00 IEM checks weekly, he will care little about this "flagship" debate.

Vote with your money.

Dec 22, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #7,301 of 8,377
I already suggested the group email and would happily co-sign it.

Think this time, JHA will receive more than just Mimouille's reply. 

It has come to a point where the product, the marketing, the pricing and most importantly, the promise, have reach past the breaking point of many if not most audiophiles here. 

Yeah, we should draft the email. At the very least, we should let Jerry know how we feel regarding this issue.

Anybody wants to start with a general template?

Dec 22, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #7,302 of 8,377
The best way to let JH know is by not surrendering your wallet. I bet it will be effective
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 22, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #7,304 of 8,377
Who will reterminate a stock Roxanne cable with the RSA/ALO portable balanced connector?

I need a balanced cable, but I don't really want to invest a ton of money in a fancy-pants one. I think I can get the vast majority of the sound improvement simply by going balanced with my RSA Intruder.

Thoughts?

Dec 22, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #7,305 of 8,377
Who will reterminate a stock Roxanne cable with the RSA/ALO portable balanced connector?

I need a balanced cable, but I don't really want to invest a ton of money in a fancy-pants one. I think I can get the vast majority of the sound improvement simply by going balanced with my RSA Intruder.

Thoughts?

@thread, try contacting Drew at Moon Audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back