New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Mar 10, 2014 at 8:02 AM Post #4,336 of 8,377

your desires are my orders....

These don't look bad at all. In fact, I'd say they look pretty flush. You need a head on shot to get a good feeling of how much they really stick out though I guess.

Thank you bmichels:  is the head on shot possible?  I've just come back to Head-Fi:  I'm looking for  new ciems and looking for a replacement for my old Westones:  but I'd like to use them when lying down so have you tried them like that?

Mar 10, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #4,337 of 8,377
  Thank you bmichels:  is the head on shot possible?  I've just come back to Head-Fi:  I'm looking for  new ciems and looking for a replacement for my old Westones:  but I'd like to use them when lying down so have you tried them like that?

By the way, I have to say something:  The more I use my Roxane, the more I like them ( with RWAK100+TU-05 Amp).  

Even from my simple RWAK100 alone, I hear in my music things (new instruments, echo...) that I did not hear before, EVEN WITH MY TH900 !!

So, this put pressure on my to "upgrade" my source RWAK100. But... I do not want to plunge for the AK240 until I hear comparaison between the AK240 and the Caly-M....  Ahhh....

So:   Calyx ?  AK240 ? My RWAK100+HUGO ?  ...... boy our hobby is complicated :)

--> Has someone again tested the AK240 + Roxane ? HUGO + Roxane ?  Do they pair Well ?  

--> And has someone tested if Roxane BALANCED with AK240 improve the SQ even further ?

Mar 10, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #4,338 of 8,377

By the way, I have to say something:  The more I use my Roxane, the more I like them ( with RWAK100+TU-05 Amp).  

Even from my simple RWAK100 alone, I hear in my music things (new instruments, echo...) that I did not hear before, EVEN WITH MY TH900 !!

So, this put pressure on my to "upgrade" my source RWAK100. But... I do not want to plunge for the AK240 until I hear comparaison between the AK240 and the Caly-M....  Ahhh....

So:   Calyx ?  AK240 ? My RWAK100+HUGO ?  ...... boy our hobby is complicated :)

--> Has someone again tested the AK240 + Roxane ? HUGO + Roxane ?  Do they pair Well ?  

--> And has someone tested if Roxane BALANCED with AK240 improve the SQ even further ?

Thanks for that post. Very useful - I think given what the Roxanne has inside, it's an incredibly flush CIEM... remember, the shape of your ear will influence the size but perhaps crucially with this one, the locking cable mechanism needs more real estate the traditional attachment. Again, thanks for the photos.

(Sorry can't help you much with your other queries!)

Mar 10, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #4,341 of 8,377

Hi there,

Would you mind sharing the synergies between the RWAK and the TU-05? I do have a similar set up (RWAK 120 + TH900) and I am ordering the Roxanes. I would like to know how well the TU-05 plays in this combo w/ Roxanes. Thank you! 

Mar 10, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #4,342 of 8,377

The clear cable is starting to turn green. Hope they resolve the issue with the black cable so I can order one.

Given the situation with cables in general, Jerry Harvey just called to say, "I hate you".

tongue.gif

Lol, it never ends does it?

Mar 10, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #4,344 of 8,377
This is not Belgium in the back.

not exactly Belgium Indeed
biggrin.gif
.  I am in my villa in Moroco right now... much better weather.  

Since I also rent my villa per the week, If you want some sun, I can make some special "Headfier" discount on the renting price :)

Mar 10, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #4,345 of 8,377
  Hi there,

Would you mind sharing the synergies between the RWAK and the TU-05? I do have a similar set up (RWAK 120 + TH900) and I am ordering the Roxanes. I would like to know how well the TU-05 plays in this combo w/ Roxanes. Thank you! 

The TU-05 really add something (body...) to the TH900.   RWAK>TU-05>TH900 definitively better than RWAK>TH900.  
As a matter of fact, TH900 & TU-05 is considered as one of the best synergy ever between an AMP & a Headphone

With the Roxane, the added SQ bring by the TU-05  is less obvious, and I can live with RWAK>Roxane.

Mar 10, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #4,346 of 8,377
Fantastic news that there are some CFs appearing- can't wait to see the pictures to be posted.

In other news... and more localised to me I guess...

136 days elapsed and counting...

I emailed Corbyn on Thursday for an update and a quest to change to acrylic or cancel my order. She is in Asia. On Friday, I forwarded the email to Angie. Today she replied that my CF Roxanne was in production and I would be receiving it in the next couple weeks. :mad:

Early Nov. 11601.

Mar 10, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #4,348 of 8,377

Thank you and for the recommendation!
I've ordered a HUGO so I'd also be interested if they pair well.
Might be interested in your Villa...?

Mar 10, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #4,349 of 8,377
  The TU-05 really add some thing (body...) to the TH900.   RWAK>TU-05>TH900 definitively better than RWAK>TH900.  
As a matter of fact, TH900 & TU-05 is considered as one of the best synergy ever between an AMP & a Headphone

With the Roxane, the added SQ bring by the TU-05  is less obvious, and I can live with RWAK>Roxane.

Thank you very much!

Mar 10, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #4,350 of 8,377
I just got word from Corbyn that they are working through the orders as they were received, so nothing to worry about at all:)
She was really helpful and also stated that there are only a handful of CF orders before me, it should be around a month until I will get them. 1209# CF BF.

I am confident that they are working at their best to get everything in order!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back