New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Jan 31, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #3,301 of 8,377
Looks great! I'm dying in anticipation for mine 
redface.gif

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jan 31, 2014 at 5:56 AM Post #3,303 of 8,377
Noticed the 'non mirroring' of the flying girl.

Also noticed the use of blue and red for the serial number and product name info.  This allows for a recognition of left or right without having differing artwork to achieve.  I know you can work out the left / right by looking at the shape but I find colour to be quicker.  I opted for red and blue artwork on my JH13 nearly 5 years ago to speed up 'handed' recognition.

From what I've seen I'm happy to keep my logo in platinum on CF but would send a request to ensure they are 'mirrored' so the girl is flying 'forward' in both ears.

Did that make sense?

Sceptre

Jan 31, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #3,304 of 8,377
  Noticed the 'non mirroring' of the flying girl.

Also noticed the use of blue and red for the serial number and product name info.  This allows for a recognition of left or right without having differing artwork to achieve.  I know you can work out the left / right by looking at the shape but I find colour to be quicker.  I opted for red and blue artwork on my JH13 nearly 5 years ago to speed up 'handed' recognition.

From what I've seen I'm happy to keep my logo in platinum on CF but would send a request to ensure they are 'mirrored' so the girl is flying 'forward' in both ears.

Did that make sense?

Sceptre

It makes sense... I also think that this is normal procedure... All of the other Roxanne's with the flying logo have them mirrored.

Jan 31, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #3,306 of 8,377
I'm still in burning process.  So far, I just sneek peek on the sound.  It really opened up top to bottom. 
The separation of the instruments clear.
The soundstage is MUCH wider than my JH16 (noo-fp)
The top sound is just spectacular (it's just word can't explain this feel) Perhaps, maybe I would put this "Eargaism"? LOL 
biggrin.gif

The bottom still good (i'm using 2'o clock setting) still feel presence of the bass.
The voices (male/female), it's like floating on the water against oil. (is this good thing).  YES! if you love voical music, it's going to melt you frecking ears off!!! LOL  (SO PLEASE BE careful when you're listening ROXY)

The general impression, it's VERY SMOOTH IEM, I ever encounter.  I do love my JH16, this Roxanne tops 16 and my Parterre.  It tops all of that and even close to my hd800 level of sound.

The conclusion,
This is what we waited for everyone, and people ordered BF.  I know they're going to have long waiting period!!! man I feel you.
HOWEVER! i doesn't matter either CF or non-CF.  When you get your Roxanne, your anger or hatred will resolve into LOVE!!!
THIS IEM IS WORTH WAITING FOR!!!  and WORTH EVERY FRECKING PENNY!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS.
I was listening with DX50 with DSD files.  NO AMP setting.  I'll try to edit this impression later, because I feel i'm still listening...so do go way!!

Thanks

Jan 31, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #3,307 of 8,377
I'm still in burning process.  So far, I just sneek peek on the sound.  It really opened up top to bottom. 

The top sound is just spectacular (it's just word can't explain this feel) Perhaps, maybe I would put this "Eargaism"? LOL 
biggrin.gif

The bottom still good (i'm using 2'o clock setting) still feel presence of the bass.

The voices (male/female), it's like floating on the water against oil. (is this good thing).  YES! if you love voical music, it's going to melt you frecking ears off!!! LOL  (SO PLEASE BE careful when you're listening ROXY)

The general impression, it's VERY SMOOTH IEM, I ever encounter.  I do love my JH16, this Roxanne tops 16 and my Parterre.  It tops all of that and even close to my hd800 level of sound.

The conclusion,

This is what we waited for everyone, and people ordered BF.  I know they're going to have long waiting period!!! man I feel you.

HOWEVER! i doesn't matter either CF or non-CF.  When you get your Roxanne, your anger or hatred will resolve into LOVE!!!

PS.

I was listening with DX50 with DSD files.  NO AMP setting.  I'll try to edit this impression later, because I feel i'm still listening...so do go way!!

Thanks

YES!!!!!

Jan 31, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #3,309 of 8,377
Yes a really good positive review and something that sounds believable too

Thanks
Al

Jan 31, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #3,310 of 8,377
The top sound is just spectacular (it's just word can't explain this feel) Perhaps, maybe I would put this "Eargaism"? LOL :D

The conclusion,

PS.

Thanks

Very Nice impression , i am waiting already more than 2 Month :D

Jan 31, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #3,312 of 8,377
  Yes! You won't be regret!  So far, it worth every penny.  Especially, the sound, worth close to 2k. (that's for me) 
biggrin.gif

Even though I think 1.6K is very steep (getting dangerously close to the UE PRM), I have to agree. If you compare the SQ of the RX to the retail price or certain headphones (i.e. HD800), it's totally worth it's price. In fact when you consider the comfort, portability, and needlessness of amplification, it makes the HD800 look like a bad value. This CIEM is a vast improvement over the previous JHA products. I was A/Bing yesterday with the JH16 nFP and while that bad boy still holds it's ground very well, the RX is just at another level. Fellow head-fiers, you won't be disappointed. Good things come to those who are patient :)

Jan 31, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #3,315 of 8,377
I own the 16 with the jh3a fp and the um pp6. It should surpass them but I will be doing
Some comparing if I ever get them.

Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back