New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Dec 27, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #2,176 of 8,377
  Alright!, got it rescheduled to 3rd of Jan just to be safe.
Thanks for the help guys.
Apologize if I sounded rude, but really, I don't mean any harm.

Lots of people fretting about getting their hands on Roxannes, you're not the only one

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684396/new-jh-audio-flagship-siren-series-roxanne/2010#post_10097775

Dec 27, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #2,177 of 8,377

Lots of people fretting about getting their hands on Roxannes, you're not the only one

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684396/new-jh-audio-flagship-siren-series-roxanne/2010#post_10097775

I just wish everything would go smoothly since this thing is priced like fortune (at least for me).
So having something like this becoming the hindrance to Roxanne is very unfortunate.

Dec 27, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #2,178 of 8,377

I just wish everything would go smoothly since this thing is priced like fortune (at least for me).
So having something like this becoming the hindrance to Roxanne is very unfortunate.

They probably already have quite a backlog of orders, so the time your impressions reach them will be the time they resume making the ones that have already been ordered - in other words, even if your impressions are delayed, it most probably won't change when you are likely to receive the finished Roxannes.

Although I'm not a JHA customer (yet!), I do appreciate how it feels to spend a heap of cash on something you're desperate to get into your ears and start enjoying. My UM Miracles took just over 3 months to reach me.

I understand, and believe me, the best way to handle the wait is to just come to terms with the fact it may take many weeks before you get them. If you resist that fact, then you will just stress yourself and others.

Dec 27, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #2,180 of 8,377
Used to be an either or situation with the 13 and 16. Now there's a clear top dog for everyone. Funny thing is, I can make my 13s warmer and smoother by simply changing the cable. I'm sure there's more to the Roxanne's than tonal balance but I'm also sure they could be similarly snapped up on top for those that may want that as well.

Dec 27, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #2,181 of 8,377
^

Is that clear yet?  It seems that if one were after the most neutral JH offering it may still be the 13.  

Viscerious, what are your thoughts on that?

EDIT: Let me put it another way - if we're comparing signatures, if the Roxannes are in the vein of an LCD-2, would the 13s be more like an HD-800, relatively?  Or is that off-base?  Do the Roxannes and the 13s share an identifiable house sound?

Dec 27, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #2,182 of 8,377
  ^

Is that clear yet?  It seems that if one were after the most neutral JH offering it may still be the 13.  

Viscerious, what are your thoughts on that?

EDIT: Let me put it another way - if we're comparing signatures, if the Roxannes are in the vein of an LCD-2, would the 13s be more like an HD-800, relatively?  Or is that off-base?  Do the Roxannes and the 13s share an identifiable house sound?

I'd say don't really expect the same as the LCD series, but the JH13 is more in the vein of something like the Beyer T1.

Dec 27, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #2,183 of 8,377
Originally Posted by ChainRazer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see JH leaving any kind of notice in their site or Facebook page that they are closing on this date.
And sure, not everyone knows what 27th of December is. It's now like I'm uncultured or anything, but you can't just assume everyone knows what day the 27th of December is just because you know it.
I apologize if I sound offensive, but I don't mean any harm.

I understand the frustration, but common sense would have it that they are likely closed. 

We have slightly different holiday periods in Japan, but I know from experience that trying to do anything during those periods is impossible, and I absolutely refuse to drive anywhere during them. If I have to go somewhere I go very early to avoid the chaos. If I have to send or receive anything I either do it well beforehand or leave it until afterwards.

Everyone needs to take a break and relax until the new year. I am specifically avoiding bugging anyone (and there are a lot of people I want to contact) until the second week in January. 

Dec 27, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #2,184 of 8,377
the way some people act, as if this is the first time ordering from JHA... its not just the holiday season, they go to a LOT of shows and take a few work days off a month... this is well within reason for JHA as this is the character of the company.. just as much as you guys want to read about the signature of the CIEM you should educate yourself on the signature of the company itself. do not blame others or ask more of them than they have proven to provide in the past.

check the JH13/16/3A threads.. NONE of this is new. it is also safe to expect 'preferred' customers to be fast tracked. you will get yours and no matter the number of emails or FB messages, they will come when they come (sounds horrible I know, but this comes from first hand exp), and when they do you will forget about the pain(so long as you dont need a refit)!!! the investment is more than worth the wait so be patient, dont get jealous of others who ordered days after you and they get theirs first, theyre coming!

what ive found is the wait out the production spike of a new IEM from them so that QA/QC can get sorted and the manufacturing process is ironed out, plus sales :).. this way the picture is clearer (fog of war and all that..)

ps: I sure as hell wouldnt want the CF option for a refit... sounds like an unholy nightmare to me.. bigger/smaller will destroy the uniformity of the piece. JMOT

Dec 27, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #2,185 of 8,377
It seems the CF option may be heaps more trouble than they're worth. I'm guessing that they're a tremendous PITA to build even to just an adequate standard; getting those things to TOTL flagship quality with time constraints (and for the least patient customers in the world)? That does not sound like a fun job at all. If I were JH, I would have told customers that the CF option takes a lot of time to get right and to expect a minimum of 10 weeks. That would give them time to avoid fingerprints/glue issues or any other problems that are surely to drive people up the wall.

Dec 27, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #2,186 of 8,377
Just take a look at this. Doesn't look very promising to expect anything over the Christmas & New Year holidays.

Anyway the CF option is just for the looks and does not in any way help/improve the sound quality of the Roxanne. So if you have chosen the CF option, you just have to be patient to deal with any possible delays/difficulty in getting it.

Dec 28, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #2,187 of 8,377
Some initial impressions of the Roxannes vs the non freq phase JH13s:

They do not seem darker to me. Some parts of the treble spectrum are louder on the 13s. Others are louder on the Roxannes. Over all, I'd guess the Roxannes have more prominent treble. But it's hard to say without measurements, or at least some frequency sweeps. I've always felt there was a smoothness to the 13s that I'm pleased the Roxannes don't seem to have. Shrill sounds in the recording are presented as shrill.

Thanks to freq phase, I expected the imaging to be noticeably improved from the 13s. This is definitely the case. The whole soundstage is more articulate. I'd be curious to compare them to the HD800s in this regard, just to hear how they stack up to the champ.

I'm also happy to say that the Roxannes are a step up in regards to over all detail retrieval. I experienced the old audiophile cliche about hearing things in a recording for the first time. I was surprised to hear components of sounds in some of my own mixes that are completely invisible on the 13s. The space between sounds is also noticeably more pronounced.

Unfortunately, I haven't heard any of the the other freq phase offerings from JH Audio, or the 3A. So I can't say what portion of the benefits I'm hearing are just do to better phase alignment.

I'm interested to compare the bass to that of the LCD2s in the coming days. I have thus far done all my listening with the bass turned down. I'm hoping it'll be fun to adjust when listening to the occasional bass anemic recording though.

Dec 28, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #2,188 of 8,377
Some initial impressions of the Roxannes vs the non freq phase JH13s:

They do not seem darker to me. Some parts of the treble spectrum are louder on the 13s. Others are louder on the Roxannes. Over all, I'd guess the Roxannes have more prominent treble. But it's hard to say without measurements, or at least some frequency sweeps. I've always felt there was a smoothness to the 13s that I'm pleased the Roxannes don't seem to have. Shrill sounds in the recording are presented as shrill.

Thanks to freq phase, I expected the imaging to be noticeably improved from the 13s. This is definitely the case. The whole soundstage is more articulate. I'd be curious to compare them to the HD800s in this regard, just to hear how they stack up to the champ.

I'm also happy to say that the Roxannes are a step up in regards to over all detail retrieval. I experienced the old audiophile cliche about hearing things in a recording for the first time. I was surprised to hear components of sounds in some of my own mixes that are completely invisible on the 13s. The space between sounds is also noticeably more pronounced.

Unfortunately, I haven't heard any of the the other freq phase offerings from JH Audio, or the 3A. So I can't say what portion of the benefits I'm hearing are just do to better phase alignment.

I'm interested to compare the bass to that of the LCD2s in the coming days. I have thus far done all my listening with the bass turned down. I'm hoping it'll be fun to adjust when listening to the occasional bass anemic recording though.

To be honest, I was hoping Roxanne as a new flagship will generally offer more than jh13 and jh16 rather than sounding just a bit different. From the posts recently, I am convinced that Roxanne might sound like a more transparent/linear jh16 with adjustable bass (like my friend who has both told me).but thanks. Great post.

Dec 28, 2013 at 8:02 AM Post #2,190 of 8,377
  Probably the Roxanne needs more burn in for more in-depth impressions? Think we're just into over 50 hours so far based on those who did receive their units.

Agreed! I'm reserving more judgment til the next week :) Just enjoying for now, then I'll listen closer.

EDIT:

To be honest, I was hoping Roxanne as a new flagship will generally offer more than jh13 and jh16 rather than sounding just a bit different. From the posts recently, I am convinced that Roxanne might sound like a more transparent/linear jh16 with adjustable bass (like my friend who has both told me).but thanks. Great post.

Also he's referencing the non-FP JH13 so that may be a factor too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back