New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Dec 27, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #2,162 of 8,377

Destination clearly shows I'm delivering it to Florida (that's where JH office is located apparently).
And I don't live anywhere near Florida.
It's not like I'm receiving the CIEM, I'm actually sending my impressions.
The thing I'm worried is 1st, the impression might change shape if it's kept for too long. 2nd, USPS will send it back to me if JH keep ignoring the package.
And to let you know, sending a package to Florida is not cheap.
If they do send it back to me then I'll have to make another new impression which would require me to pour more money (since the impression will definitely be deformed by the time I received it) and send it back to Florida again (again, more money).
Well, I'll just see if JH will actually accept the package, I've sent mail to JH to cancel my order if they still fail to accept my package.

OK, point partly taken - I admit I didn't notice it was going to JHA Labs, so my apologies for that, but why would you expect the JHA staff to be working on Friday 27th Dec, if they've been working like dogs for the past 2 months, trying as hard as they can to handle an enormous workload? They do need some rest and recuperation, don't they?

I realise you won't like me saying this, but I have limited sympathy if you choose to ship impressions out just 2 days before Christmas...

Nonetheless, I do hope they are delivered successfully, without having to be returned to you. I suggest you quickly contact USPS and ask them to hold the package and deliver it only when you know the JHA staff have returned.

The impressions will be fine for at least 2 or 3 weeks (and newer impression silicones actually last much better now than older formulations)

Dec 27, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #2,163 of 8,377
I would not think the impressions will change in the short time it take to ship them.  But yes, it does suck if they are going to come back due to the holidays.  Hopefully someone will get the email and be able to get the package held.

Dec 27, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #2,164 of 8,377
When I called (I accidentally used the number Angie called me from instead of the number she told me to call in my voice message), the automated response was that JHA was closed until New Year's, I believe.

Dec 27, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #2,165 of 8,377
Honestly, none of this seems like JH's fault unless they didn't inform you that they were to be closed. I'd think it would be on the person ordering the CIEMs to be responsible enough to realize most businesses here in the states close during the holidays.

Dec 27, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #2,166 of 8,377

OK, point partly taken - I admit I didn't notice it was going to JHA Labs, but why would you expect the JHA staff to be working on Friday 27th Dec, if they've been working like dogs for the past 2 months, trying as hard as they can to handle an enormous workload? They do need some rest and recuperation, don't they?

Of course they need rest, they are human after all, I'm not saying they should work 24/7.
But is this the way to do business?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see JH leaving any kind of notice in their site or Facebook page that they are closing on this date.
And sure, not everyone knows what 27th of December is. It's now like I'm uncultured or anything, but you can't just assume everyone knows what day the 27th of December is just because you know it.
I apologize if I sound offensive, but I don't mean any harm.

Dec 27, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #2,167 of 8,377
JH Audio is closed until the 2nd Jan. I would not expect to see any mail in or out at this time. I certainly wouldnt be expecting and impressions to be accepted at this time. Similarly, I wouldnt want my CIEMs floating around the post this holiday season so Im prepared to wait until normal business resumes. PS impressions are good for a couple of months.

Dec 27, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #2,168 of 8,377

Of course they need rest, they are human after all, I'm not saying they should work 24/7.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see JH leaving any kind of notice in their site or Facebook page that they are closing on this date.
And sure, not everyone knows what 27th of December is. It's now like I'm uncultured or anything, but you can't just assume everyone knows what day the 27th of December is just because you know it.

No offence taken.

It just seems you are being a little unrealistic in your expectations, that's all.

Nothing personal; just an observation that Christmas is a holiday period in the USA (just as it is in much of Europe, too).

Heck, many of us have ordered goods from China (Unique Melody, iBasso, etc.) and Chinese New Year celebrations/holidays go on WAY longer than Christmas ones do.

Dec 27, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #2,169 of 8,377

I'm going to be impartial and say that's it's both your fault and their fault. Your fault for even bothering to send them across the holidays (most small business are closed from Christmas all the way to new years, even more likely this year that there's a weekend in between), and their fault for not writing it on the website clearly throughout your order process. Plus, they should just have a locked drop box for impressions (the packages are small, and I'm sure the delivery person brings many of them every day, so they should just know).

Get on the phone and call USPS with the tracking #, let them know of the situation and have them reschedule another attempt on Jan 2. Otherwise they might come back to you.

And no, you don't need new impressions... they last much longer than that.

Dec 27, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #2,170 of 8,377
JH Audio is closed until the 2nd Jan. I would not expect to see any mail in or out at this time. I certainly wouldnt be expecting and impressions to be accepted at this time. Similarly, I wouldnt want my CIEMs floating around the post this holiday season so Im prepared to wait until normal business resumes. PS impressions are good for a couple of months.

Do you think USPS will still keep my impression in Florida until the 2nd of Jan?
confused_face(1).gif

I'm kind of worried they might send it back.
I recall reading somewhere that USPS will keep packages for 15 days before sending it back to the sender.

Dec 27, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #2,171 of 8,377

Do you think USPS will still keep my impression in Florida until the 2nd of Jan?
confused_face(1).gif

I'm kind of worried they might send it back.
I recall reading somewhere that USPS will keep packages for 15 days before sending it back to the sender.

Do the sensible thing and actually contact them, to arrange a specific date for them to reattempt delivery to JHA.

Then you won't need to worry.

Dec 27, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #2,172 of 8,377
Registered mail is a strange one.  I recently got a registered letter and they nearly needed a DNA sample and my left kidney to turn the letter over to me.  But I guess it is a secure way to go, just have to deal with the hassle of required proof of delivery...

Dec 27, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #2,173 of 8,377
https://www.usps.com/customer-service/customer-service.htm#

Look on the Right-hand side of the page and click on 'Schedule a Redelivery'

Dec 27, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #2,175 of 8,377
JHA will pick the package up from the delivery office. My impressions were attempted & I got the email that they had to be collected & wouldn't be re-attempted (sent from UK too). The next day I got an email from JHA that said my impressions had been received.

Calm down. They'll get there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back