New iRiver AK70
Jul 8, 2016 at 4:24 AM Post #212 of 1,293
Does it sound clean?

Jul 8, 2016 at 4:24 AM Post #213 of 1,293
AK70 arrived, the positive so far are light weight, more portable than AK120. Good idea, black background on my most sensitive IEM.
Negative that I say and please note this is just based on less than 1 hour listen, classical music sounds flat and boring. It also feels slightly more plastic, compared to AK120/Ak280.

Jul 8, 2016 at 4:26 AM Post #215 of 1,293
AK70 arrived, the positive so far are light weight, more portable than AK120. Good idea, black background on my most sensitive IEM.

Negative that I say and please note this is just based on less than 1 hour listen, classical music sounds flat and boring. 

Can post some pics?
Mine would be coming next week, can't wait mine

Jul 8, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #218 of 1,293
I got mine as well. Initial impressions follows:

Size - it's the PERFECT SIZE for me. Love it!
Sound - (compared to DP-X1 in ACG mode/slow filter/upsampling enabled, listening to Fitear MH335DW on Fitear balance cable) a bit on the lush side and is perhaps lacking the micro-details that audiophiles might be craving for, though pretty powerful and drives my 335 to deliver fairly punchy bass, perhaps as expected sound signature for an entry-level device appealing to more casual listeners and budding audiophiles. 
UI - good UI and very fluid, touch screen is responsive, as expect of AK devices which are probably most mature in this area after iPods.
Extras - as per AK tradition (as I remembered anyway), package includes two front and two back screen protectors. Going the extra mile there - recommend to stick those on first before playing. :wink:

Size comparison pic against iPod Touch/Mojo stack, Valoq and DP-X1

It's a nice and very pocket-friendly competent all-rounder DAP but I don't think it is really competing against similarly priced devices like the DP-X1 or what not. 

Jul 8, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #219 of 1,293
Negative that I say and please note this is just based on less than 1 hour listen, classical music sounds flat and boring. It also feels slightly more plastic, compared to AK120/Ak280.

Can you give it about 20 hours or so of burn-in and let us know if the sound quality improves?  Thanks in advance!
Cheers and All the Best!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jul 8, 2016 at 6:07 AM Post #220 of 1,293
I think what impress me the most about AK70 is that it is truly portable, a lot more portable than my valoq. I classify it on the same portability level as the A17 walkman. Impressive! The sound is inline with the AK240. 

I wonder if Vinnie from Redwine audio can improve on the AK70. 

Jul 8, 2016 at 6:08 AM Post #221 of 1,293
I think what impress me the most about AK70 is that it is truly portable, a lot more portable than my valoq. I classify it on the same portability level as the A17 walkman. Impressive! The sound is inline with the AK240. 

I wonder if Vinnie from Redwine audio can improve on the AK70. 

Should plug in mojo :p

Jul 8, 2016 at 6:19 AM Post #222 of 1,293
  I think what impress me the most about AK70 is that it is truly portable, a lot more portable than my valoq.

And a lot more user friendly too. :p But when you buy a Valoq you are buying for the tweak-ability which no other DAP currently others.   

AK70 does make for a very nice Mojo transport. 

Jul 8, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #223 of 1,293
^vaoq is great but opa627sm is a picky opamp and needs proper design to sound its best. While I am happy with opa627au I dont see myself spending 800 AUD on just opamp.

Jul 8, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #224 of 1,293
Yeah that's true. 

If you aren't opamp rolling or worrying about the DSD upconversion and ask me to pick between the Valoq and the AK70 I'm probably going with the AK70 on first impressions alone. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back