New iQube V2 is coming!
Nov 10, 2008 at 2:55 PM Post #46 of 183
I am sorry but I cannot give any more updates as of yet.

I was hoping to get some fixed release date by now but I am afraid that due to the shortages on the chip market I can't bring you any more news.

I will only commit a fixed release date if all components are having a committed delivery date by our suppliers and that I am sure that I can make the date that I promise.

Probably that is one of the disadvantages if you start using non-average components
frown.gif

Sorry but hang in.....eventually it will be released.
ph34r.gif

Hans

Nov 14, 2008 at 8:25 PM Post #51 of 183
Hans,
I can see the pages on your website now -- thanks.
I was wondering about the USB input to the DAC chip... does it use S/PDIF or I2S?
Regards,
Jonathan

Nov 15, 2008 at 2:53 AM Post #53 of 183
Yes, I would like to buy one, however, part of the stunning design has to come with those fantastic rubber bands. I will not buy an iQube and then use velcro to attach it to my 160gb iPod. That would be like using duct tape on a Ferrari.

Nov 15, 2008 at 8:03 AM Post #54 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow, it's even smaller than the v1. Looks nice, Hans
biggrin.gif

I think it is the other way round - the V2 is bigger. The smaller one is actually the V1.

Or am I wrong ?

Just wonder will the V2 has a analogue line out as well ?

F. Lo

Nov 15, 2008 at 12:40 PM Post #56 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by hoosterw /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yes it will have the same analogue input as the V1.

Hans.

Thanks Hans for clarifying.

What I wanted to ask if whether the V2 will have an anaoluge line out so that i can use the V2 as a pure USB DAC in our audio chain. That would be cool
smily_headphones1.gif

F. Lo

Nov 15, 2008 at 12:55 PM Post #57 of 183
Sorry, too hasty reading.

No it will not have a fixed line out.
However we have used the headphones out as line out to a hifi system and it works well.

You just set the volume as required by the hifi system to match other source and leave it. Then the V2 works basically as a USB DAC with line out.

Rgds

Nov 15, 2008 at 2:28 PM Post #58 of 183
Hello Hans and others,
A home amp version would be nice, as long as it has pre-amp output, lol (there are too few headphone amps/preamps/dac combos out there).
It would also be nice if you could use usb to power the amp or just use the dac only (and then use the headphone jack as lineout, with no need for battery power).Well maybe thats something for v3....
Oh yes I am also very happy about your restraints in releasing more info. Nobody wants to order an iqube and then have to wait months until they can receive one with not being sure when that will happen. And oh yes, please do include the rubber bands!
Thanks,
Greetings, Anouk,

Nov 19, 2008 at 3:12 PM Post #59 of 183
I agree...line out function...USB power for the amp as well, continue to use user replaceable batteries.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anouk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello Hans and others,
A home amp version would be nice, as long as it has pre-amp output, lol (there are too few headphone amps/preamps/dac combos out there).
It would also be nice if you could use usb to power the amp or just use the dac only (and then use the headphone jack as lineout, with no need for battery power).Well maybe thats something for v3....
Oh yes I am also very happy about your restraints in releasing more info. Nobody wants to order an iqube and then have to wait months until they can receive one with not being sure when that will happen. And oh yes, please do include the rubber bands!
Thanks,
Greetings, Anouk,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back