New iQube V2 is coming!
Dec 18, 2008 at 3:16 PM Post #63 of 183
Haha yeah, i'd rather get the v1 now..

Dec 23, 2008 at 1:17 AM Post #64 of 183
I'm very interested in a V2 when it comes. I'm a little concerned about the front panel toggle switches...it just seems like the wrong amount of pressure could bend or break one of them. The TSA isn't exactly careful with carry-ons at the airport.

Dec 23, 2008 at 2:15 PM Post #65 of 183
Don't worry they are from steel they will not break!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 23, 2008 at 3:23 PM Post #66 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by hoosterw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't worry they are from steel they will not break!
smily_headphones1.gif

It's not so much the switches themselves as it is their connections on the inner boards that worry me. It just looks like there's enough wiggle room to break off the switch if it were hit from the side. Not that I'm paranoid or anything.
beyersmile.png

Dec 23, 2008 at 4:14 PM Post #68 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by hoosterw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no they can't there is no room to wiggle. The switches are centered and fixed in the alu

Great, that makes me feel better. Every time I have to fly somewhere, I stress out knowing they'll be handling my laptop and gear. Why does this country pay some of its lowest salaries to some its most important positions?

I'm looking forward to the V2, Hans. Thanks for your help.

Dec 27, 2008 at 2:52 PM Post #69 of 183
Can't wait for review on these, especailly considering the price.

Dec 28, 2008 at 1:08 PM Post #70 of 183
OK, we need a rubber band for iPod touch v2 as well. Is there perhaps a solution around to attach both the icube with the iPod on the belt?

Jan 13, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #71 of 183
Any updates? I need something for the lab and am trying to wait...I promise, I am trying. Can't get any work done with people thinking it's social hour in there while I'm trying to concentrate.
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, will you be testing it with D5000/D7000 Denons?

Jan 19, 2009 at 12:34 PM Post #73 of 183
Is this considered an upgrade in Sound quality compared to the iQube V1?

Jan 19, 2009 at 1:25 PM Post #74 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidw89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is this considered an upgrade in Sound quality compared to the iQube V1?

Same amp section so I'm guessing no. I'm interested to see how V2 scales against portable players to measure its feasibility.

Jan 19, 2009 at 3:21 PM Post #75 of 183
How would this drive a HD800?
Err I mean HD650
frown.gif
and HD800 in my dreams.

Does the amp of the V2 really bridge the world between a portable and home amp such as the Meier Cantata, Gilmore Lite, Slee solo etc?

I must say I agree with the use of a seperate DAC chip - ibasso went that route and now they are renowned for how the DAC setup compares with other simpler PCM27/29 only solutions.
For the price the D2 boa sounds superb but of course I want more for use with my laptop or even at home to replace my seperates (desktop dac but xin reference amp
frown.gif
) hence I am greatly interested in this product.

portable DAMPS are really hotting up now- that's good to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back