New iQube V2 is coming!
Oct 15, 2008 at 11:57 PM Post #31 of 183
I think that many would want it to be user replaceable...especially when spending that kind of money...unless the batteries were warranteed for multiple years...even so, no one wants to send their amp out especially those who it will likely be their only amp...just change the cover and make it "rechargeable only batteries" and it could be left up to the buyer what batteries they wish to use...I prefer eneloop and hybrio, the two best rechargeables on the market right now!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoosterw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As for the battery cover (as always) we had to make choices.
For one: Any other options to make the battery-cover 'easier' resulted in a deterioration of the housing 'looks&design' and/or made it much more expensive.

For two: The V2 having a USB input sort of determined it had to be chargeable only and that Alkaline batteries were no option (or at least hard to implement). So the V2 had to come standard with chargeables and that removed the need for changing batteries.

Oct 19, 2008 at 8:48 PM Post #32 of 183
Very promising amp, if only ill be able to afford it, oh well.

The discussion about the user replaceable batteries reminded me about a possible EU directive that will be coming out making it law that all products must have user removable batteries. Im not sure if it will effect such a product as the iQube.

Some info i managed to find:

EU directive aims to make all batteries removable, even THAT battery - Engadget

Slashdot | EU Wants Removable Batteries In iPhones

This might be nothing, and you might already know about it, but i just thought id bring it up.

Oct 20, 2008 at 6:41 AM Post #33 of 183
Hi, thanks. Yes I have seen and we are following the discussion.

The EU is still talking about it, it has not been ruled yet which normally takes years before any such ruling will become effective locally. Normally when they have decided they will also grant a 'leadtime' where manufacturers can change to the new rule.

That might apply maybe for V3
smily_headphones1.gif
. Who knows???

Thanks anyway.

Hans

Oct 20, 2008 at 10:35 AM Post #35 of 183
Will it be possible to pre-order it?

Oct 20, 2008 at 10:42 AM Post #36 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by rasmushorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will it be possible to pre-order it?

Hi, thanks for your interest.

When we have a fixed introduction date and price then we will also open a pre-order possibility yes.

For the time being we have only indicated a price and date range.

And ofcourse we will have some pre-order ....????....???? which we will also announce at that time.
wink.gif

Rgds Hans

Oct 20, 2008 at 6:24 PM Post #38 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
O.K. Hans,
One more time. Will those fantastic rubber bands be coming with it?
Thanks.

OK, one more time
beyersmile.png
And ofcourse we will have some pre-order ....????....???? which we will also announce at that time.
tongue.gif

Rgds Hans

Oct 21, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #39 of 183
Great to know about the V2, Hans.

Would be keen to have my hands on it. BTW, the whole concept can evolve to become a desktop amp with multiple analogue inputs and digital (BNC, USB, AES, otpical..)... in a scaled up casing... and still, well transportable !

Would that be possible ?

F. Lo

Oct 21, 2008 at 6:39 PM Post #40 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by fkclo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great to know about the V2, Hans.

Would be keen to have my hands on it. BTW, the whole concept can evolve to become a desktop amp with multiple analogue inputs and digital (BNC, USB, AES, otpical..)... in a scaled up casing... and still, well transportable !

Would that be possible ?

F. Lo

Hi Francis, As it says in your sig: One step at the time!
biggrin.gif

Rgds

Hans.

Oct 22, 2008 at 8:13 AM Post #41 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by FishSauce /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They can use a mini optical jack that looks like the normal 3.5" stereo jack. and they may not leave the analog input since the connector can work both for optical and analog signal.. just like 3.5" stereo jack/optical output on nowadays laptop.

X2

hans I think it would be a large oversight to remove the mini jack analogue in; it would limit your market significantly. I''m very keen; but if this were to happen.... forget about it. the amount of decent players that have digital outs I could count on one hand and those that do have the most shocking battery life on earth. there are PCDP and minidisc players that do of course but DAPS not at the moment and until there are some major breakthroughs in LION batteries its unlikely to eventuate. Plus as the OP said, there is no need to do it, there are combination optical/3.5mm jacks available on laptops, IMACs etc. and they are no larger than normal jacks. the problem with that again is battery life because if you aren't taking your ditital IO from USB (which supplies power also) you will have to be running the dac AND amp from the battery; doesn't sound achievable and there is no such thing as an optical plug that has power also.

just some thoughts. keep it as you describe and i'm keen; i'll sell something to achieve it if need be
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 22, 2008 at 10:13 AM Post #42 of 183
Well removing the analogue input will never be the case as far as I am concerned as well.

For the time being the strategy is V1 only analogue input, V2 analogue and USB inputs. They will co-exist (for at least as long as I can supply V1 units).

Indeed the power consumption with digital input is a problem.

A solution might indeed be as Francis suggested a desktop with fixed mains power input.

My main priority is now to get V2 onto the market. Only then I will take next steps.

I do appreciate you all thinking with me very much !!!!!
happy_face1.gif

Rgds. Hans

Oct 22, 2008 at 1:44 PM Post #43 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by hoosterw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Francis, As it says in your sig: One step at the time!
biggrin.gif

Rgds

Hans.

Alright, we can wait..... patiently, as long as you promise me a V2 before coming Christmas
biggrin.gif

Seriously though, the scale up version would be quite interesting, especially if you keep the battery option ( for real serious audiophile listening ) in addition to mains power direct.

I have seen people focusing at headphone amps and those dedicated to DACs. At this very moment, real high end dedicated headphone amp + DAC combo that excels at both fronts are rare, and the king is yet to be crowned
L3000.gif

Kind regards,
Francis

Nov 10, 2008 at 2:48 PM Post #45 of 183
[size=xx-small]any guesses on release-date?[/size]
nevermind, I overlooked the final part of startpost
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back