New iQube V2 is coming!
Mar 15, 2009 at 2:34 AM Post #91 of 183
I feel my LISA III and iQube are two different types of amps, so I don't really rank them.

The LISA III is detailed but slightly warmer and seems a more forgiving amp.

The iQube is a very neutral and IMHO more detailed but does show up all the problems in the original source.

Apr 9, 2009 at 1:46 PM Post #93 of 183
Well it is time for some news again and good news I think it is.
The iQube V2 sound has been approved and the design has been frozen. This means we can move on to production stage! Once we have the purchasing and delivery schedules I can fix production and then I will know when we will be ready to actually ship the first units.

The packaging has been redesigned, we have now used a metal casing. This can also be used as a transport packaging when travelling. The band for holding your rig together has also been renewed.
No longer rubber but it is now an elastic and velcro band. it will fit nearly any size setup.

Please find some updated pictures below.

Rgds Hans.

Apr 9, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #94 of 183
Aahh, I know I am being picky here. I was sssooo hoping that you would have used the rubber bands again instead of the velcro. I even kept asking here when the iQube V2 was first announced and I felt like those rubber bands made the whole setup sleek and special. I understand that the velcro can fit various setups but it just is not as luxurious. Instead, I would've preferred to have two different sizes of rubber bands, or even just one rubber band that is stretches to fit everything.

Apr 9, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #95 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aahh, I know I am being picky here. I was sssooo hoping that you would have used the rubber bands again instead of the velcro. I even kept asking here when the iQube V2 was first announced and I felt like those rubber bands made the whole setup sleek and special. I understand that the velcro can fit various setups but it just is not as luxurious. Instead, I would've preferred to have two different sizes of rubber bands, or even just one rubber band that is stretches to fit everything.

Can't you just buy rubber bands that were used with the V1?

Apr 9, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #96 of 183
No, those rubber bands were made for the 5G iPod which was thicker than the 6G iPod. The old rubber bands would be too big for the 6G (which I have) and the newer iPods that are out now. Those rubber bands were masterpieces of industrial design.

Apr 11, 2009 at 9:11 AM Post #98 of 183
Well what I can do is supply both the rubber band and the velcro with the V2.
With the V2 being wider then V1 it will probably fit also 6G.

I will check and see. (I must also check quantities)

BTW the rubber band can be bought sperately on our webshop.

Rgds Hans

Users who are viewing this thread

Back