New iPod Touch 4G first impressions
Oct 15, 2010 at 2:48 PM Post #181 of 265
i have the iphone 4, do you know if it uses the same sound chip as the ipod 4?

Quote:
Got mine yesterday, the design is even better than before and it feels faster than my old 3G.

Important for me is the sound, so I tested the same lossless file at the same volume with the same headphones, and the 4G definately sounds better, more dynamic sound, and a tad warmer and natural treble, so I'm impressed. Battery life is also better, so I feel it was worth upgrading.

Now I just need a nice case, and that's not easy....yet.

Any comments?

Oct 15, 2010 at 3:02 PM Post #183 of 265
Charge to 100%. The lightning bolt in the power meter will change to a plug symbol once it's done.

...I really want one of these. The screen is beautiful. But honestly, with the the amount that resale values have dropped, I'll be going beyond my comfort zone in the amount it would cost to upgrade my 3rd generation 64gb model, and I know that I'll just want to upgrade again once a 128gb comes out.

...Come on, Apple. 128GB... please?

Oct 15, 2010 at 3:07 PM Post #184 of 265
Sorry for the ignorance, this is my fist iPod.. You mean the lightning symbol shown on iTunes, next to the device name?

edit: any head-fier wanna bother trying some face time with me? I don't speak english very well so don't expect much, but I'll try my best to follow what you guys are saying.

My apple email is andre.yama55@gmail.com.

Does facetime "calls" get recorded, as phone calls?

Oct 16, 2010 at 6:30 AM Post #187 of 265

Yeah, it has got the Cirrus Logic chip, which is similiar to the one in iPhone 4. Ipod Touch 4 has got the CR 338S0859 chip, and in your iPhone you've got 338S0589. As you can see, the chip in Ipod has a higher number but I am not sure if it means that it's better...

i have the iphone 4, do you know if it uses the same sound chip as the ipod 4?

Oct 17, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #189 of 265
Oct 18, 2010 at 6:30 AM Post #190 of 265
I bought a LOD from Fiio (the L3). I asked the store's customer support and they said it works fine with the iTOuch 4G... unfortunately I won't be able to test it for some days since shipping to my country takes a lot of time

Quote:
Now for the LOD troubles.  Does anyone know which LODs work with the Touch 4 and where I can get them?

Thanks.

Oct 18, 2010 at 8:39 AM Post #191 of 265
Thank you for your help
biggrin.gif
!  I checked out both and the DHC and the Fiio L3 and the DHCs are way out of my price range.  The L3 is very cheap on amazon which can't help me wonder if it will be good quality, at least when compared to a cable made out of silver.  I was thinking something around $50 but I'm not sure which cables will work with the new Touch.

Oct 18, 2010 at 8:54 AM Post #192 of 265
Before choosing the Fiio L3 LOD, some head-fiers suggested me to post a topic in the classifieds forum (cables and stuff), asking if someone could build a LOD for me.. 

If you are concerned about the Fiio quality, I'd suggest you to ask someone to build one for you. You will be able to choose the specs, matching your price range.

Quote:
Thank you for your help
biggrin.gif
!  I checked out both and the DHC and the Fiio L3 and the DHCs are way out of my price range.  The L3 is very cheap on amazon which can't help me wonder if it will be good quality, at least when compared to a cable made out of silver.  I was thinking something around $50 but I'm not sure which cables will work with the new Touch.

Oct 18, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #193 of 265
The DHC cables have a premium price, but Peter (who makes the cables) makes it exactly the way you want it. Plus the build quality is top notch.

Oct 21, 2010 at 12:34 AM Post #194 of 265

[size=medium]
Just got my iPod Touch 4g which my anti-Apple friend highly opposes but I still love.  I say the biggest upgrade of it from the 3g besides sound quality is the screen.  It is now extremely clean and crisp and I have no idea how I got past with the 3g screen now that I compare it.  
Sound-wise, the 4g surpasses the 3g by a long shot.  My favorite part of the 4g's sound quality is its much tighter bass.  The 4g's sound also seems less cluttered and instruments are more easily identified.  Overall, I feel satisfied with the 4g, really make my Klipsch images sound pretty awesome.
rolleyes.gif

[/size]

Oct 21, 2010 at 12:59 AM Post #195 of 265

at least someone else agree's with what I believe is the differences I hear other pmp's and even my samsung p3 it just shines in these area's vs any other source i've used.

Quote:

Just got my iPod Touch 4g which my anti-Apple friend highly opposes but I still love.  I say the biggest upgrade of it from the 3g besides sound quality is the screen.  It is now extremely clean and crisp and I have no idea how I got past with the 3g screen now that I compare it.  
Sound-wise, the 4g surpasses the 3g by a long shot.  My favorite part of the 4g's sound quality is its much tighter bass.  The 4g's sound also seems less cluttered and instruments are more easily identified.  Overall, I feel satisfied with the 4g, really make my Klipsch images sound pretty awesome.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back