New iPod Touch 4G first impressions
Sep 26, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #91 of 265

Quote:
So...does anybody know what happens with the line out of the new iPod Touch? Is it any lod out there that works with it? If the line out it is not working it would be almost a deal breaker for me since i could not attach properly external amps.

Here is part of the answer : http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/446731/ipod-touch-line-out-question

Any additional information will be appreciated .  
normal_smile .gif

Sep 26, 2010 at 9:31 PM Post #93 of 265

Quote:

If by "proprietary storage system," you mean "folder at a disclosed (and changeable) location on your drive" then you'd be right. I've had no trouble copying purchased songs out of iTunes onto my Linux desktop, which then has no trouble playing them.

Sorry if my knowledge of iTunes is far out of date. It was like this in the past.

Sep 26, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #94 of 265
Quote:
As I wrote, the new 4G sounds better and looks better, so I woul definately buy the new version, the camera is just a gimmick, but I must admit that FaceTime is fun.

My feelings about the camera are mixed. I still feel like apple gave in to demand and threw in a camera they weren't ready to put in (We've seen proof that it's been on their minds since the 3G). On the other hand, HD video. The quality isn't great, but it isn't too bad, and if it had a higher pixel count I don't think reviews would be that negative.

Personally I think the biggest advantage to the camera is the ability to do augmented reality games. Between the 3-axis gyro, camera, and the faster processor, there's not much stopping developers. I mean, just think of the market for a game where you draw levels on a piece of paper? I should really get on this. Now where'd that OpenGL book go... 
tongue.gif

EDIT: Oh, and one more thing I was going to say. If you want cheap cases, there's no better place than dealextreme.com. Just... don't get your hopes too high on shipping times.

Sep 27, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #96 of 265
Touche!

Indeed, that has never been the problem of iTunes - it is how songs are encrypted on the iPod. Want real encryption? Try A SonicStage Walkman - there aren't even files, just glorified folders that contain locked information in no known audio format. iTunes was NEVER like this. I've used it since 2004 with all of my non-iPod machines - drag, drop, copy, paste - everything. Purchased songs remain in their native format and can be found very easily as they always have, though prior to 2007, they were laden with DRM. Having an iPod does not mean you HAVE to buy from iTunes.

If you are going to curse iTunes, get it right. Do the maths. Don't look like a fool.

Quote:

If by "proprietary storage system," you mean "folder at a disclosed (and changeable) location on your drive" then you'd be right. I've had no trouble copying purchased songs out of iTunes onto my Linux desktop, which then has no trouble playing them.

Sep 28, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #97 of 265
I'm curious of the sound quality of the latest ipod touch
I still have about a week and half of return period for my cowon j3 so if anyone cand shed a light on the sound quality.
From what I read, the sound quality has definately improved.

I wish I can just buy the ipod touch to test it out but I'm tight on cash right now =(

Sep 29, 2010 at 2:03 AM Post #100 of 265
If anything, I did a light comparison when I was at the apple store... and the New ipods still can't keep up with my Samsung p3. which probably means it won't do much next to the cowon s9 either. Don't own the sonys so can't comment there...

Sep 29, 2010 at 3:28 PM Post #104 of 265

Quote:
If anything, I did a light comparison when I was at the apple store... and the New ipods still can't keep up with my Samsung p3. which probably means it won't do much next to the cowon s9 either. Don't own the sonys so can't comment there...

What is meant here by "keep up"? SQ, UI, or... Please explain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back