New hybrid amp by Little Dot, I+
Oct 9, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #736 of 805
  Sounds more like an adapter problem. Make sure the headphone and the adapter are fully plugged in with each other. The headphone  jack on the Little Dot 1+ is usually has a  metal jacket.

Thanks John.  I ended up swapping it out with a second adapter I had kicking around.  I spent an hour listening, and everything was fine.  I noticed some black smudge like marks on the first adapter, so I assume it needs to be cleaned.

Does anyone clean the port on the little dot?

Nov 16, 2013 at 5:58 AM Post #737 of 805
Hi,

I've got my new DOT I+ a week ago and since then I get a constant noise.
I've tried to change headphones (AKG K550, JVC S400 and some IEMs) and adapters but always getting the noise.
I've tried to change position (not near any other electronic device) but no help.
This is my fist tube amp and it might even be normal...but it's quite annoying.
Should I send it back or is this something I can easily adjust?

Thanks

Nov 19, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #738 of 805
  Hi,

I've got my new DOT I+ a week ago and since then I get a constant noise.
I've tried to change headphones (AKG K550, JVC S400 and some IEMs) and adapters but always getting the noise.
I've tried to change position (not near any other electronic device) but no help.
This is my fist tube amp and it might even be normal...but it's quite annoying.
Should I send it back or is this something I can easily adjust?

Thanks

Your tubes could need a burn in, if this does not help, supposedly switching opamps lowers the noise floor even more.

Nov 20, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #739 of 805
You could also make sure the jumpers are set to low gain.  I don't remember how they ship, but there are some jumpers on the inside of the amp that you can change yourself to switch between high and low gain.  Your tubes could require burn-in as stated above.  Also, the tubes could simply be bad.  When I got my LDI+ one of the tubes would buzz, so I replaced both with a better set.  What kind of sound are you hearing?  Is it like a hiss, a buzz, or something else?

Nov 20, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #740 of 805
I let now the amp to burn in with some files found in the forum.

It's like a hiss I guess (I'm not sure about the difference between hiss and buzz), it's constant, it doesn't change at the volume change.

I'll try also a new pair of tube and maybe a new opamp.
Any quick suggestion without reading the entire rolling guide? :)

Thanks

Nov 20, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #741 of 805
i've used my LD I+ with the following and it works well with my Grado 225i's

Opamp:

OPA2107

Tubes:

Sylvania Gold Brand 408A - These are harder to find and usually cost more than WE 408A

Western Electric 408A
http://www.tubedepot.com/nos-408a.html

Remember to change the jumpers for 408A type tubes if you switch from stock!  It's been a few years since I had OPA2107 and GB 408A combination, so I won't be able to give any comparisons to the stock tubes shipped with the I+.

Dec 1, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #742 of 805
Hi there!  im waiting for a Little dot i+ that i bought from a fellow headfier, he has the VOSHKOD 6ZH1P-EV tubes Matched and the OPA2107.. I read about the best OPA for the little dot and got from ebay the MUSES02..

I will still be on the search for the Sylvanias GB408a. but i think its a good setup for my Grados 225i. right?

I was about to buy the new Schiit Vali but i heard alot of microphonic complains and honestly not sure if its a good match.. or a better match than the Little dot for my Grados that i will upgrade my headphones next year to a rs1 or HE500 not sure..

Apr 13, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #744 of 805
I hear a constant static noise coming out of my little dot I + (bought one month ago). It is in both channels. I switched and changed the tubes.... i turned off all sources of interference... I moved the amp... I tightened the screws.... And I connected it directly to the electric outlet... and the static noise remains.

The static sound is louder at louder volume.... And even louder when the connected source (dac) is off! It begins to be heard when the volume is at 40 and becomes the loudest around 85.

When I remove the tubes, the noise disappears....

What should I do?

Apr 17, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #745 of 805
Is there an exhaustive list of all of the tubes that exist for the Little dot mk1+? Or at least what number tubes are equivalents of what, I am pretty new to this and get confused and its making it very difficult choosing tubes. If someone knows of anything. 

Apr 18, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #746 of 805
Is there an exhaustive list of all of the tubes that exist for the Little dot mk1+? Or at least what number tubes are equivalents of what, I am pretty new to this and get confused and its making it very difficult choosing tubes. If someone knows of anything. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/364043/little-dot-i-tube-rolling/0_30

Apr 19, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #749 of 805
Does Little Dot, I+ work well with low impedance 32 Ohm headphone like AKG K550?

What kind of tube is good upgrade  for Little Dot, I+ ?

Search the thread my friend. The little dot is renowned for playing well with low impedance cans like AKG and Grado. You can also find tubes suggestions all over the place if you do a little searching

Apr 19, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #750 of 805
  Does Little Dot, I+ work well with low impedance 32 Ohm headphone like AKG K550?

What kind of tube is good upgrade  for Little Dot, I+ ?

A couple good choices to start with are the Western Electric 408A and the Sylvania 408A. In my experience the WE408A will warm up the headphones a bit, and the Sylvanias will open up the soundstage and give the sound a nice pleasant texture.

Have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back