New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo impressions and review thread
Aug 6, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #286 of 376
I'm really not familiar with the SB you have, but it looks as if RCA to 6,3mm TRS or TS jacks would do the trick. Some ADCs rely on XLR instead, so it may be safer to get RCA to dual 3-pin XLR for measuring our SB. As I said, though, I'm not familiar with your hardware. The Focusrite reminds me of the Edirol FA-66 I used for years, so at least it is straightforward. No sensing stuff to confuse the hardware/software.

Aug 29, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #290 of 376
Any one here coming to CanJam UK this month in London?
The Pure II + will be available for everyone to audition.
Although not right this second, thanks to my inability to wait a few days!!

Thank you Dimitri for your patience whilst I was umming, ahhing and comparing to my DAP... Great service :)

From what I understand, Dimitri will have another amp at tomorrow's show, if not I'm most likely going again so will be taking mine with me...

Looking forward to A/B'ing with the DUO when I get home :)

Aug 29, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #291 of 376
I took measurements last night of the Vorzuge VorzAMP Duo coming from a Sound Blaster ZxR. Excellent results.

The frequency response was only "good" because of the early sub-bass rolloff (which you can overcompensate for with the bass switch).

The THD+Noise is likely better than recorded and is limited by my measurement device.

I got slightly better results across the board at 100% Windows volume, but these results are at 80% Windows volume. For some reason, setting my Windows volume to max causes 0.5dB of channel imbalance and made the charts uglier.

Without further ado:
http://www.basshead.club/measurements/vorzuge_vorzamp_duo/

If you're interested in the volume comparison, here it is (various Windows volume levels):
http://www.basshead.club/measurements/vorzuge_vorzamp_duo/vol_comparison.html

Aug 29, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #292 of 376
Is anyone interested in a comparison?

(Ignore the cellophane - want to keep it fresh and clean for a while, so leaving this on...)

Aug 29, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #294 of 376
I don't I'm afraid, not unless anyone can recommend any freeware options!?

Will look at a comparison from my ARM2 line out :)

Aug 29, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #295 of 376
I don't I'm afraid, not unless anyone can recommend any freeware options!?

Will look at a comparison from my ARM2 line out
smily_headphones1.gif

The standard version of RMAA is freeware. And recording and playing back square waves, or sines, is free. But measuring correctly isn't something you learn in a weekend. 

Aug 29, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #296 of 376
It took me several weeks of fiddling with a Scarlett 2i4 and DBpro and bugging people like @shigzeo before I was confident in my amp measurements.

It does take a couple hundred dollars in addition to free software to measure amps.

I have an electret mic and a Scarlett for earphone measurements and a DBpro for amps. Still working on headphones and dacs.

Aug 30, 2015 at 4:20 AM Post #297 of 376
Well, one thing I do NOT like about the II(+) is the gain control - seems illogical that you could flick the switch whilst on the go, and the settings are (from top to bottom) mid, high, low - one sure way to accidently blast your ears having high in the middle!!

In better news, and I'm going to let the amp burn in before saying anything remotely committal - treble is far and away more extended on the new amp compared to the Duo (without treble switch on), also sounds airier, more space between everything...

Oh, and the Batman light of the Duo, definitely restrained on the II+ - sure, you could still light up a dark room, but - nowhere near to the same extreme :)

...that is where I'm stopping though - for now :)

Aug 31, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #298 of 376
Interestingly the Pure II+ adds to the SQ of the Questyle QP1R also, great bargain setup that really must have the higher end AK products quaking in their boots, definition is staggering

Sep 3, 2015 at 2:39 AM Post #299 of 376
For those going to audio shows or buying blind, should be considered that the amp takes a little while to settle down...

I'm on about the 25hr mark and the treble has calmed down a bit, which - depending on what's being driven, can sound a bit strident with zero hours on the clock...

It is funny, never thought that I'd go back to a portable amp, especially with a player as capable as the QP1R, yet I have, and I'm loving it :)

Sep 20, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #300 of 376
i was wondering if the vorzuge duo is more powerful than alo rx mk3B, and if it has more bass 

i am looking for a nice powerful portable amp for my audeze lcd2 with warm sound??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back