New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo impressions and review thread
Nov 22, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #317 of 376
I used to have a Duo2 and sold it with regret, I'm now looking to get back on the Vorzuge bandwagon with a PureII+ with the temptation of Black Friday looming and see since my days of owning one they do a really nice leather case for them now which look handy. Just hope they also do the 25% of accessories offer on the Friday also...

Only sold my Duo originally to fund the Hugo but the guy who got me hooked on Vorzuge amps (Rocket Ron) who had the Pure MRK1 at the first ever Russel Square meet in London a few years ago came around yesterday for a day of listening to each others gear and tried his PureII amp and hooked it up with my Hugo and is a really good paring and gives the Hugo added authority and full body to proceeding's. Sounded great with Grado's, JH16's, Ortofon EQ8's, Sony 7520's. With the Grado's it especially gives it more authority and with the Ortofon's you need them to get the full range at the bottom end to come through correctly. I thought I would not need another portable amp ever again but I was wrong and always said if I did ever get another one after my experience with a Vorzuge it would be one of these little black things of beauty again.

p.s. (Damn you Rocket Ron if your reading this for hooking me a second time on Vorzuge!)

Nov 22, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #318 of 376
Fortis...

If you're interested in a (or should I say, "the") Duo, drop me a PM, loving my Pure II+ :)

Nov 22, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #319 of 376
Hi Duncan, long time no hear! still got my old Duo then! Although I initially regretted letting it go if I get Vorzuge again it will be like you with a PureII+ ; )

Nov 23, 2015 at 4:09 AM Post #320 of 376
I used to have a Duo2 and sold it with regret, I'm now looking to get back on the Vorzuge bandwagon with a PureII+ with the temptation of Black Friday looming and see since my days of owning one they do a really nice leather case for them now which look handy. Just hope they also do the 25% of accessories offer on the Friday also...

They do 20-35% off all accessories when you purchase any VorzAMP anyway :thumbsup:

Nov 23, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #321 of 376
They do 20-35% off all accessories when you purchase any VorzAMP anyway :thumbsup:

Yes, what I meant was I hope they do not exclude that normal accessories discount offer on the Black Friday discount day as that is the sort of thing that can happen as not in conjunction with any other offer etc, etc. that companies are often found to exercise.

Would be great if they do the 20-25% off amps on the day and still keep the accessories discount offer active also as that would be a worthwhile purchase with both discounts incorporated come check out at the till
wink_face.gif

Nov 23, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #322 of 376
Only one way to find out! Sling em an email. They responded to mine about the 2+ in minutes.

Nov 26, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #323 of 376
Pure II+ ordered!!! Wooohooo. :grinning:

Dec 9, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #326 of 376

It arrived. Holy screw** s***-sticks!!
Sounds, errm, awesome!
Possibly as good as my Icon HP8 desktop amp!

Dec 10, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #328 of 376
Got about 4hrs of burn-in time last night. Whether it's amp or brain, the sound has changed for the better. The upper-mids are sharper and the treble is not as harsh. Smooooooth sound! Like Will Smith in a White Silk suit.
Put a load of music on the pod and should get some good listening in today! Can't wait.

Dec 18, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #329 of 376

A big hello from India. Big fan of your reviews.

I wanted to know your opinion regarding the sonic qualities of the Vorzamp series versus the Chord Mojo. I'm currently using the FiiO X3 (original) paired with their E12A through the Philips Fidelio X2.

Thanks in advance,
Cheers

Dec 23, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #330 of 376
vorzuge pairs well with the mojo....i have used the pair together and the mojo separately depending on the cans i am listening to...great combo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back