New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out
Sep 8, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #3,601 of 6,017
Quote:
So, first off it looks expensive at about $250. You could have a bifrost non usb for that much used. 

Smallest DAC/AMP in one which lets you use an AMP of your choice or active speakers while using same DAC chip as ODAC and some very expensive HiFi gear plus USB code used in expensive HIFi DACs and brand new $250 isn't expensive cause Bifrost without USB cost $350 new and is useless if you computer doesn't have SPIDF out while DragonFly could be plugged in into USB port of any Mac/PC with crapy built-in audio which will be completely bypassed.

Sep 8, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #3,602 of 6,017
Or you can buy something like the NFB-16 which is great :-D and relatively portable (well transportable) 

Sep 8, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #3,604 of 6,017
Smallest DAC/AMP in one which lets you use an AMP of your choice or active speakers while using same DAC chip as ODAC and some very expensive HiFi gear plus USB code used in expensive HIFi DACs and brand new $250 isn't expensive cause Bifrost without USB cost $350 new and is useless if you computer doesn't have SPIDF out while DragonFly could be plugged in into USB port of any Mac/PC with crapy built-in audio which will be completely bypassed.

.....and.....breathe..... :D

Sep 8, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #3,605 of 6,017
I saw a post over in the "deals" thread where Amazon now has the HE-400s listed on their site.  So, if you have some Amazon credit, or prefer to go through Amazon, here's your chance.  
wink.gif

Sep 8, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #3,606 of 6,017
They were on their site before, but it just went through head-direct. Could still use Amazon credit's and stuff, I bought a bunch of giftcards to buy mine.

Cool that they're selling them themselves now though, so you can get more reliable shipping if you want.

EDIT: Er, it says that it is only fulfilled by Amazon and sold by Kraft Audio... but it's eligible for prime, weird.

Sep 8, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #3,608 of 6,017
yes and fulfilled by amazon is always eligible for prime as far as I've seen. amazon will also handle your returns so you don't have to argue with the seller.

Sep 8, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #3,609 of 6,017
Quote:
yes and fulfilled by amazon is always eligible for prime as far as I've seen. amazon will also handle your returns so you don't have to argue with the seller.

"Always"?  I don't think so, but they will handle the return, I hope.

Sep 8, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #3,610 of 6,017
Quote:
They were on their site before, but it just went through head-direct. Could still use Amazon credit's and stuff, I bought a bunch of giftcards to buy mine.

Cool that they're selling them themselves now though, so you can get more reliable shipping if you want.

EDIT: Er, it says that it is only fulfilled by Amazon and sold by Kraft Audio... but it's eligible for prime, weird.

OK, thanks.  My point was that some members were waiting until they appeared on Amazon.  HifiMAN didn't have them on Amazon until several months after the HE-400 was released.  My message was to let those who might be waiting on Amazon to let them know they were on the site, not necessarily have another member tell me that they have been on Amazon before.  
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

Sep 8, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #3,611 of 6,017
"fulfilled by Amazon" means that it ships from one of Amazons distro centers, so I don't know why any fulfilled by amazon orders wouldn't be eligible for prime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back