New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Dec 5, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #1,606 of 2,616
Yes your right... ver 2.0 out of the box, getting hot downloading a tidal playlist, which is a bit strange:triportsad:
I wanna kiss your face!!

Come here you!!!
Don't be shy!!!

giphy.gif

Thanks bro!
2.0 up and running

And on top of that hope this helps
1. Perform Nand wipe (make sure to unmount SD card 1st)
2. Factory Reset
3. Once done, go to About device>Product version tap until Developer options shows up.
4. Under "Developer Option" set this 3 option Window, Transition animation scale and Animator duration to 1.5x

It should run a bit more smoother :)

Dec 5, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #1,608 of 2,616

Well, aluminium or stainless steel, fast wifi it ain't. Upper pic is a MacBook Pro using the same hotspot. Having 1Gbps line connection which drops down on wifi typically to under 500 mbps.
Holding the AP200 very close to the wifi router brings somewhat higher numbers, but also moving away to many parts of my home, where I still have decent signal with the iPhone or iPads, AP200 completely cuts out.

Same thing I discovered yesterday, my phones would pick up the signal a floor down and work, the ap200 would play hard and not connect or run well. Going nearer the router till it's 100% signal does allow normal speeds (i only have a 10mbps connection and it can reach that) - from the previous comments on speedtests, it's possible that the wifi module on the ap200 is weaker in terms of maximum speeds and signal strength (cost cutting?) or it could be a firmware cap/power allocation situation to minimize power consumption.

Hidizs never answer about my critical problem.

Although I did firmware upgrade and factory reset over 10times, I can't use my ap200 comfortably.

How can I listen music with this problem.

I strive to slove this problem and contact hidizs but hidizs NEVER answers to my question.

Unfortunately I got defective ap200, I hope you to get normal ap200 without any problems because the hidizs never care for customer's claim.

If its crashing in the same place/album/artist maybe there's something wrong with the file the app is reading which is why it crashes. Also try installing another player and see if it has the same problem.

And on top of that hope this helps
1. Perform Nand wipe (make sure to unmount SD card 1st)
2. Factory Reset
3. Once done, go to About device>Product version tap until Developer options shows up.
4. Under "Developer Option" set this 3 option Window, Transition animation scale and Animator duration to 1.5x

It should run a bit more smoother :)

Beat me to it lol

Dec 6, 2017 at 12:33 AM Post #1,610 of 2,616
Even though another big sloppy kiss sounds wonderful. I just downloaded the FW when it was originally posted on the Hidizs site, so I won’t be able to help out with the line out. I’m still waiting for the player. Supposed to get to me this Friday.

I’m looking forward to hearing your updated thoughts on this player. There has been a lot of negative comments lately about it here and KS. Always enjoy your no BS comments. Keep up the great work!

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #1,611 of 2,616
Even though another big sloppy kiss sounds wonderful. I just downloaded the FW when it was originally posted on the Hidizs site, so I won’t be able to help out with the line out. I’m still waiting for the player. Supposed to get to me this Friday.

I’m looking forward to hearing your updated thoughts on this player. There has been a lot of negative comments lately about it here and KS. Always enjoy your no BS comments. Keep up the great work!

Thanks, I will check it out later after work.

If some dude hadn't fleeced Hidisz we all might be getting better interaction with them.

There is some no B.S. right there. Who wants to get fleeced? That's another story for another day on another site though.

Dec 6, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #1,612 of 2,616

When I got mine, it had the latest 2.0 beta firmware. Yours would likely be the same.

Just a day of having mine and I've experienced a few problems but nothing catastrophic (yet) so far it's really good sonically, I'd call it balanced and a bit warm, nothing is over emphasized but its not clinical and definitely musical.

Any idea if the AP200 needs a burn in?

Dec 6, 2017 at 1:55 AM Post #1,613 of 2,616
When I got mine, it had the latest 2.0 beta firmware. Yours would likely be the same.

Just a day of having mine and I've experienced a few problems but nothing catastrophic (yet) so far it's really good sonically, I'd call it balanced and a bit warm, nothing is over emphasized but its not clinical and definitely musical.

Any idea if the AP200 needs a burn in?

That was the same with my AP200 several days ago. It came with really musical sound but then it changes in a couple days later with little bit analytical sound then it’s getting better and letter. I don’t even care to listen to my DPX1 and Fiio X5 III anymore...

Dec 6, 2017 at 2:27 AM Post #1,614 of 2,616
Strange, this is a result I have got, though its not maximum I can get with my other devices, but its still good, but you have huge difference between those devices

Same thing I discovered yesterday, my phones would pick up the signal a floor down and work, the ap200 would play hard and not connect or run well. Going nearer the router till it's 100% signal does allow normal speeds (i only have a 10mbps connection and it can reach that) - from the previous comments on speedtests, it's possible that the wifi module on the ap200 is weaker in terms of maximum speeds and signal strength (cost cutting?) or it could be a firmware cap/power allocation situation to minimize power consumption.

What strikes me is what all AP200 speed tests have in common. Upload speeds were always condsiderably higher than the download ones. Normally it's the other way out. I've tried all my devices and AP200 is the only one which is faster with the upload. This means that the shielding, the material choice or the wifi module is not a problem, since it would equally affect both, but it might be a software/firmware issue. Something in the system is at the moment lagging downloads. And this gives a hope, that it could be fixed.

Dec 6, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #1,615 of 2,616
I can also get that result, but only if I make a special yoga posture in order to keep the AP200 close to the router. Here I am talking about the normal sitting position, at the desk where all other devices have no problem with the reception. If we think about the AP200 as a mobile DAP, to be used with different wifi signals on the go, in the train or in a hotel room, it might be quite a problem for Tidal/Spotify streaming.

What strikes me is what all AP200 speed tests have in common. Upload speeds were always condsiderably higher than the download ones. Normally it's the other way out. I've tried all my devices and AP200 is the only one which is faster with the upload. This means that the shielding, the material choice or the wifi module is not a problem, since it would equally affect both, but it might be a software/firmware issue. Something in the system is at the moment lagging downloads. And this gives a hope, that it could be fixed.

my speed result is based being at least 10 meters away from a router, in another room, so of course there is a wall involved as well :wink: so not bad

I think you are right and it could be a software related issues that can be solved

we'll see !

Dec 6, 2017 at 3:07 AM Post #1,616 of 2,616
Just to precise it: I haven't moved the Tidal app to the SD card, only it's storage. The Tidal app is still in the internal memory taking only 31.71 MB of space, but all the downloaded offline audio files, 30GB at the moment, are now stored on the external SD card. Any new downloaded Tidal files are landing now automatically on the SD card.

I can also get that result, but only if I make a special yoga posture in order to keep the AP200 close to the router. Here I am talking about the normal sitting position, at the desk where all other devices have no problem with the reception. If we think about the AP200 as a mobile DAP, to be used with different wifi signals on the go, in the train or in a hotel room, it might be quite a problem for Tidal/Spotify streaming.

Now an Android newbie question: the Tidal shortcut turned all of the sudden faint and it says App isn't available. If I go to the programs, it is there and I can open it, but not from the main screen. Any ideas?

How did you move the offline files to SD card?

Dec 6, 2017 at 4:18 AM Post #1,618 of 2,616
That was the same with my AP200 several days ago. It came with really musical sound but then it changes in a couple days later with little bit analytical sound then it’s getting better and letter. I don’t even care to listen to my DPX1 and Fiio X5 III anymore...

How many hours do you think before the changes set in?

Not necessarily all, in my tests I was a few feet away from my router. The download speeds were always higher than uploads. I think that's more dependent on the provider you have, here in the land of slow internet speeds, we usually have slower uploads than downloads. And at the distance I had, there are times the ap200 goes to max (i could go over my 10mbps up to 11 at times)

DSC_0105_1512530559701_zpsmulen7wh.jpg

Dec 6, 2017 at 4:39 AM Post #1,620 of 2,616
Oh I agree and sympathize with you. Just thought that holding all your mail would be the easiest and probably safest thing to do. Does it really cost money to have your mail held? I never had to pay anything although haven't done it in a while.

Thanks dude. Yes it takes some effort to go to the post office, fill in the form, then go again to get the package, etc etc. But I agree it would be the right thing to do in the end. It's just a pity that I need a player mostly for traveling...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back