New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Aug 15, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #782 of 2,616
Gugman! I would double check it again tomorrow (don't have AP200 today with me, only AP100), I mean which player has more output power. And I'd ket you know the results...

thank you in advance :smile_phones:

Aug 15, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #783 of 2,616
@Dobrescu George @IryxBRO @glassmonkey @Hawaiibadboy

Hey Folks as you already have received ap200 I would like to ask you a following question, since only a day is left till campaign end

at this point I do have in my possession Xduoo X10 and TEAC HA-P90SD, now teac is a beast but its more dac/amp than dap, due to its very limited OS and on top of it its big, so I won't compare it to ap200

if you had any experience with Xduoo X10 can you please advise if Ap200 is any better ? (sound quality)

and sorry for asking once again but if anybody had any experience with pioneer xdp-100 and ap200 as well that would be a very useful info for me, as both daps have very similar pricing

cheers !

Aug 15, 2017 at 12:44 AM Post #784 of 2,616

Hey Folks as you already have received ap200 I would like to ask you a following question, since only a day is left till campaign end

at this point I do have in my possession Xduoo X10 and TEAC HA-P90SD, now teac is a beast but its more dac/amp than dap, due to its very limited OS and on top of it its big, so I won't compare it to ap200

if you had any experience with Xduoo X10 can you please advise if Ap200 is any better ? (sound quality)

and sorry for asking once again but if anybody had any experience with pioneer xdp-100 and ap200 as well that would be a very useful info for me, as both daps have very similar pricing

cheers !

I have the 8gig stainless steel model that is well worth it's cost. That version is sold out though and there are several versions based on storage and perks if I am not mistaken? The cost of $250(?) for that model with a nice custom android/Hiby GUI and good resolution on guitar strings and musical passages with complex mixing.
Sound is great and that is what this thing is expected and promoted to be able to do. I like it better than Aune M1s for several reasons. Sound, ease of use and build quality Once I get a FW update I will do a review video :)

Aug 15, 2017 at 2:36 AM Post #785 of 2,616
So doses it come with a screen protector already applied in the factory and you get extras or are the pre applied ones just for the shipping then you use the ones in the box? Cheers.

Screen and back glass panel have pre-applied protectors from the factory (just peel off the upper layer). But there is one extra screen protector in the box. This is my package. Hope that it would stay the same in final versions of the device.

Aug 15, 2017 at 2:37 AM Post #786 of 2,616

cheers !

Sorry, can't help on that. Don't posses such gear. Can only compare to AP100.

Aug 15, 2017 at 4:30 AM Post #787 of 2,616
So doses it come with a screen protector already applied in the factory and you get extras or are the pre applied ones just for the shipping then you use the ones in the box? Cheers.
Hi, yes screen protectors are already applied both on the front and back. Also there is spare in the box along with the clear plastic case.
I hoping leather case will be available soon.

Aug 15, 2017 at 4:57 AM Post #788 of 2,616
Thank you :thumbsup:

Screen and back glass panel have pre-applied protectors from the factory (just peel off the upper layer). But there is one extra screen protector in the box. This is my package. Hope that it would stay the same in final versions of the device.

Hi, yes screen protectors are already applied both on the front and back. Also there is spare in the box along with the clear plastic case.
I hoping leather case will be available soon.

Aug 15, 2017 at 5:58 AM Post #789 of 2,616
20170815_103111.jpg
20170815_104332.jpg
I really like the AP200, my version is stainless steel 64 GB so i had space to add various artists and music genres. Is still early days but i can hear a good separation between instruments and and vocals are crystal clear, a bit bright sounding music player.
I will see by how much the sound will change
20170815_104254.jpg
after 100 hours.The DAC function is not working at the moment but Hidizs are working on that and will be added later.
I really believe that you are getting more then your money worth with AP200.
Onkyo music player works fine and so it does the Hiby already installed.The Google play store works great and you can install anything you like.You will not be disappointed, and the screen looks good ,very responsive with
20170815_103214.jpg
wide viewing angles and good colour reproduction if that matters to you
You will not be disappointed whatsoever.
20170815_104441.jpg

Attachments

• 20170815_104332.jpg
    20170815_104332.jpg
    1,022 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 15, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #790 of 2,616
Arrghh, expecting delivery of a Fiio X5 iii, but not until 3/16. Guess I'll have to wait and see if I prefer the "velvet" sound of the X5iii or the AP200 & then sell one of the devices.

Aug 15, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #792 of 2,616
Arrghh, expecting delivery of a Fiio X5 iii, but not until 3/16. Guess I'll have to wait and see if I prefer the "velvet" sound of the X5iii or the AP200 & then sell one of the devices.
Fwiw I normally prefer the warmer sound but didn't get on with the x5III at all, much to my surprise,

Aug 15, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #793 of 2,616
@IryxBRO

"AP100 has a higher max volume compared to AP200 (even if gain set to high)."
now this makes me feel so uncomfortable :frowning2: I asked at Hidizs directly some time ago by email and they confirmed 200 should have higher volume and also reading here and asking few questions I formed an opinion that it is indeed so, I mean I owned few years ago AP100 and I liked it very much but as far as I remember it could not sound loud enough for me, maybe it just my memory

since this new info I would like to ask anybody who had some experience with both pioneer XDP-100 and AP200 to provide at least a very short info / summary between these 2

cheers

I've double checked. AP100 max volume output is a bit louder than AP200. Hardly noticed. But it might happen so that AP200 FW would have other results when finilized.

Aug 16, 2017 at 2:46 AM Post #794 of 2,616
I've double checked. AP100 max volume output is a bit louder than AP200. Hardly noticed. But it might happen so that AP200 FW would have other results when finilized.

I see !
thank you

Aug 16, 2017 at 2:51 AM Post #795 of 2,616
I have the 8gig stainless steel model that is well worth it's cost. That version is sold out though and there are several versions based on storage and perks if I am not mistaken? The cost of $250(?) for that model with a nice custom android/Hiby GUI and good resolution on guitar strings and musical passages with complex mixing.
Sound is great and that is what this thing is expected and promoted to be able to do. I like it better than Aune M1s for several reasons. Sound, ease of use and build quality Once I get a FW update I will do a review video :)

...better than Aune M1s ! this sounds very promising :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back