New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Mar 31, 2017 at 3:45 AM Post #46 of 2,616
  Hmm stainless steel. I want that cold steel in my hand now.  
cool.gif

Yes, whats the big deal about stainless steel as opposed to the usual high grade aluminium?

Hopefully it is not marketing BS like AK that adds needless weight and expense! 
cool.gif

Mar 31, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #48 of 2,616
  stainless steel has 64gb memory, aluminium version has only 8gb.

If it has 2 SD slots then I reckon most people will go for the 8Gb and will not be prepared to pay the premium for the SS version?

I think the days when people were prepared to pay big bucks for the likes of AK and its perceived quality and marketing BS, etc. are over, as for most of us it all comes down to the SQ and bang per buck!

I personally have little use for Bluetooth and WiFi as I just want a good SQ basic DAP and many of us still prefer buttons.

Mar 31, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #49 of 2,616
Mar 31, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #50 of 2,616
I heard a rumor that AP200SS price could make people's jaw drop, and will set a new low bar for android DAPs :wink:

Jaw drop in a good way or in a bad way?

Mar 31, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #51 of 2,616

stainless steel has 64gb memory, aluminium version has only 8gb.

If it has 2 SD slots then I reckon most people will go for the 8Gb and will not be prepared to pay the premium for the SS version?

I think the days when people were prepared to pay big books for the likes of AK and its perceived quality and marketing BS, etc. are over, as to most of us - it is all comes down to the SQ and bang per buck!

I personally have little use for Bluetooth and WiFi as I just want a good SQ basic DAP and many of us still prefer buttons.

they can't throw all the bells'n'whistles into ap200, gotta leave some headroom for AP300 and AP500
ph34r.gif

Mar 31, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #52 of 2,616

I heard a rumor that AP200SS price could make people's jaw drop, and will set a new low bar for android DAPs
wink.gif

Jaw drop in a good way or in a bad way?

Of course, in a good way
wink.gif
  Little birdie told me the price is not decided yet, but everybody will be very happy with it...  Let's just say, ap200 is not only smaller in size, in comparison to another budget android dap, but also in...

But, price is one thing, features is the other thing, and of course - the big question is sound quality.

Mar 31, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #54 of 2,616
I thought the future of medium end DAPs was all but over with the arrival of the Mojo. Yes there will be people who only want one device, can't afford the Mojo, or don't like it but with the DAC/amp doing most of the work, theres not much need to spend hundreds on a DAP. Several hundred would have to be spent on a DAP to better the sound IMO.

Mar 31, 2017 at 10:53 PM Post #56 of 2,616

Of course, in a good way
wink.gif
  Little birdie told me the price is not decided yet, but everybody will be very happy with it...  Let's just say, ap200 is not only smaller in size, in comparison to another budget android dap, but also in...

But, price is one thing, features is the other thing, and of course - the big question is sound quality.

Little birdie,
Hm...I was thinking about the "Little birdie" in the Game of Thrones. 
The most famous steel in the movie named Valyrian steel. And we use stainless steel on the AP200 body shell.
Really a bit similar.

Apr 1, 2017 at 2:35 AM Post #57 of 2,616

Of course, in a good way
wink.gif

If the SS will make your jaw drop then imagine the 8gb Aluminum version? Probably $100 cheaper than that jaw dropping price. Considering X5iii is $399, i'm guessing a jaw dropping price for AP200SS is $299? That would mean AP200Alu version at $199? Now that would be a big dent into the DAP pricing wars :p

Apr 1, 2017 at 3:32 AM Post #60 of 2,616
If the SS will make your jaw drop then imagine the 8gb Aluminum version? Probably $100 cheaper than that jaw dropping price. Considering X5iii is $399, i'm guessing a jaw dropping price for AP200SS is $299? That would mean AP200Alu version at $199? Now that would be a big dent into the DAP pricing wars :p

At the amount of material which is needed for the housing aluminiun or stainless steel will not make a difference for the price. For 100 dollars difference the housing
would need to be made from sterling silver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back