NEW HiBy R4
May 23, 2024 at 10:58 PM Post #677 of 1,044
I use a MacBook Pro, I’ve noticed the Android File Transfer isn’t seeing the SD portion of my storage, when I’m trying to move my files over.
Are you seeing any prompts come up on the player at all, when you insert the card while the device is on?
I received mine yesterday. The temperature remains constant at 45-48 degrees Celsius while listening to Tidal with in-ear monitors on balance. I've tried everything I know to lower the temperature, such as switching off background apps, reducing CPU power, and turning off sensors. It seems like this device is meant to work at this temperature, possibly due to the amplifier
See again post 573: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new-hiby-r4.972253/page-39#post-18133664

If that's the quiet-therm-adc reading from within the app, depends on whether you exceed 45 degrees in 15 minutes.

If that's an external temperature, no. Contact hello@hiby.com and get this replaced.
Beware of joining the beta update. Update 1.11_20240521-1811 issue!

So I updated with beta yesterday in this version for the R4 and now I am having the issue of flashing headphone icon on top and volume bouncing around. I contacted hiby via email and they asking me to send the device back. Kinda silly when my device is physically fine. Why can't I just reflash a new update to undo what the beta did? All I need is the file. I already booted I to recovery. I can just put the new or old update on sd card and I can flash it from recovery. Their solution is for me to go to usps and spend more money and wait prob a month and send it back and get another. Kinda silly I had some trust that they would be more savy than this and have a real software solution to a bad beta update. My hardware was running cool no heat and physically fine. I guess I need to stick to sony.
I will ask them to send you the file to check.

It was their opinion that your device suffered a malfunction to the headphone jack at around the same time your update took place, but that does seem like too much of a coincidence for two people at the same time.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 23, 2024 at 11:11 PM Post #679 of 1,044
Not how I did it earlier today but does anyone know how to get into recovery mode on the Hiby R4? I got as far as the robot laying down. I don't remember to hit next.
If you got as far as the robot lying down with holding down (the button I don't remember which one) and the power button, you proceed by pressing both buttons again but making sure that the power button is down before the other button.

But you won't need to go there nor is there anything for you to do there at the moment; any kind of reset would still land you with the same updated firmware. They are going to send you the original as a file you can apply from within Android.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

May 23, 2024 at 11:13 PM Post #680 of 1,044
If you got as far as the robot lying down with holding down (the button I don't remember which one) and the power button, you proceed by pressing both buttons again but making sure that the power button is down before the other button.

But you won't need to go there nor is there anything for you to do there at the moment; any kind of reset would still land you with the same updated firmware. They are going to send you the original as a file you can apply from within Android.
They sent me a link to the og os that it came with. I have it on an SD card.

May 23, 2024 at 11:52 PM Post #681 of 1,044
They sent me a link to the og os that it came with. I have it on an SD card.

Well I have the firmware version 1.10_20240510-1801_12.0_user. I flashed it via recovery and it applied. I was able to remove the volume cap and gain cap but it still behaves the same. Weird when I plug into the 3.5 it works fine. I remover it the headphone icon flashes on top and then I can use Bluetooth. If I leave the 3.5 in and pair my bt I then can switch to thr bt Budd but I have to leave the 3.5 in. Weird.

May 24, 2024 at 12:06 AM Post #682 of 1,044
Well I have the firmware version 1.10_20240510-1801_12.0_user. I flashed it via recovery and it applied. I was able to remove the volume cap and gain cap but it still behaves the same. Weird when I plug into the 3.5 it works fine. I remover it the headphone icon flashes on top and then I can use Bluetooth. If I leave the 3.5 in and pair my bt I then can switch to thr bt Budd but I have to leave the 3.5 in. Weird.
You mean, if you remove the earphones the headphone icon flashes and you _can't_ use bluetooth correct?

May 24, 2024 at 12:22 AM Post #685 of 1,044
I believe that Firmware 1.10_20240510-1801 is the first Beta Firmware, which is when my headphone icon started flashing. The firmware that came with the player is 1.00_20240327-1125, though I do not have a copy of that. I'm really hoping that this is just a problem with the Beta firmware and the flashing goes away with the next official firmware.

May 24, 2024 at 12:24 AM Post #686 of 1,044
I believe that Firmware 1.10_20240510-1801 is the first Beta Firmware, which is when my headphone icon started flashing. The firmware that came with the player is 1.00_20240327-1125, though I do not have a copy of that. I'm really hoping that this is just a problem with the Beta firmware and the flashing goes away with the next official firmware.
Well I need them to send me version 1.00_20240327-1125. I hope I can get them to do that. I can flash it and be done.

May 24, 2024 at 2:41 AM Post #687 of 1,044
May 24, 2024 at 6:08 AM Post #688 of 1,044
May 24, 2024 at 6:58 AM Post #690 of 1,044
Good job! What's the key combo sequence to press to do the firmware flashing? Please share the process, thanks.
On the right side of the R4 you have 4 buttons. You just need to use the top 2 on the right. This means just the power button and the button right below it which I think is the back button.

So this is the process.

Steps to go into recovery mode on the R4.

1.Turn off the device.
2.First hold the power button then right away press the button below it. You will see the Hiby logo and then the android robot laying down.
3.Release the 2 buttons.
4.Press the power button the button below it and then while still holding the power button release the button below it.

This will put you into the recovery menu.

Before doing all this you should download the updated zip file. (Do not unzip it) transfer it to an SD card and insert the SD card into the R4.

Then perform. The steps stated above to get I to recovery more. Once in recovery mode you can navigate with the button button along the right side of the R4. It just toggles down and loops back to the top of the list of you went to far when navigating. You press the power button to use as select for an option in the menu. Just navigate and select your zipped update file. It will apply the update. Then just choose reboot on the menu and it will allow you set the R4 up like new.

I would like to point out that prior to applying the update from the SD card you probably wipe back to factory then apply the update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back