NEW HiBy R4
May 23, 2024 at 10:59 AM Post #661 of 1,044
I also installed the beta firmware and the same thing is happening with my device, with the flashing headphone icon on top and volume bouncing around. I just want to note that this only happens when there are no headphones plugged in, and the flashing stops and volume normalizes when I have headphones plugged in and I can listen normally.

I agree that this is a software issue with the beta, and I hope that this is fixed by the time they push out the finalized stable update to the public.
I just want then to send me a link to an update that removes this beta update. I was able to get into recovery mode with some hot keys per power button and the other keys. I see I can reflash thr os from the SD card. I hope I can fix it this route rather than send it back and wait and wait and hurry up and wait. I do like the device but I know better that doing beta again.

May 23, 2024 at 11:25 AM Post #662 of 1,044
I tried to order from the Hiby company store at the very beginning of sales. The store replied that they do not send to Ukraine and recommended that sales go to Ali or Amazon. I’ve been following the forum thread and I’m very glad that they rejected me then. There is nothing good about this device, although I like Hiby’s devices. Well, there is a black mark in the family. I use Tempotek V6, with reference to Fiio M11s and Hibi R6 III.
lol “nothing good about this device” there’s tons of people that love them. People come to forums to find answers for questions and try to fix issues. They don’t come here every day when it’s working good just to say, “my player is still working great!”

May 23, 2024 at 11:46 AM Post #663 of 1,044
I received mine yesterday. The temperature remains constant at 45-48 degrees Celsius while listening to Tidal with in-ear monitors on balance. I've tried everything I know to lower the temperature, such as switching off background apps, reducing CPU power, and turning off sensors. It seems like this device is meant to work at this temperature, possibly due to the amplifier
I only played music from the device using hiby music and it stayed lower than 35c. I was also using IEMs with a DSP cord.

May 23, 2024 at 11:59 AM Post #664 of 1,044
I tried to order from the Hiby company store at the very beginning of sales. The store replied that they do not send to Ukraine and recommended that sales go to Ali or Amazon. I’ve been following the forum thread and I’m very glad that they rejected me then. There is nothing good about this device, although I like Hiby’s devices. Well, there is a black mark in the family. I use Tempotek V6, with reference to Fiio M11s and Hibi R6 III.
Now there's a blanket statement. I hope that's not because you can't get the device into your country and that's why you are "sour graping". Tempotec doesn't have the level of service that Hiby does.

May 23, 2024 at 12:09 PM Post #665 of 1,044
With all due respect you don't have the device, I do!
The device is awesome, some people had overheating issues - I didn't
Some.people decided to update to Beta firmware without doing a backup first - I didn't
Makong a ludicrous statement like yours based on nothing more than a few forum.comments is at best misguided

May 23, 2024 at 12:27 PM Post #666 of 1,044
lol “nothing good about this device” there’s tons of people that love them. People come to forums to find answers for questions and try to fix issues. They don’t come here every day when it’s working good just to say, “my player is still working great!”
My player is still working great.

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 12:31 PM Post #667 of 1,044
There is nothing good about this device,
Ridiculous comment, this device is incredible for the value. I apologize for whatever world market events are interfering with you getting a device, but I can guarantee making blanket statements like this on these forums won’t do you many favors.

May 23, 2024 at 12:35 PM Post #668 of 1,044
With all due respect you don't have the device, I do!
The device is awesome, some people had overheating issues - I didn't
Some.people decided to update to Beta firmware without doing a backup first - I didn't
Makong a ludicrous statement like yours based on nothing more than a few forum.comments is at best misguided
You are right. The device is awesome.

May 23, 2024 at 12:53 PM Post #669 of 1,044
Yeah that was my bad. I didn't think when I flipped that beta toggle. But you and I agree. It's software not a physical heating issue. I should be able to reflash it back from sd card via recovery menu. I hope so.
After the last beta update, I turned it off. Luckily, I'm not noticing anything not working except for that usb setting which got fixed.

May 23, 2024 at 1:11 PM Post #670 of 1,044
I also installed the beta firmware and the same thing is happening with my device, with the flashing headphone icon on top and volume bouncing around. I just want to note that this only happens when there are no headphones plugged in, and the flashing stops and volume normalizes when I have headphones plugged in and I can listen normally.

I agree that this is a software issue with the beta, and I hope that this is fixed by the time they push out the finalized stable update to the public.
I'm pinning a note for myself not to try any of those betas in the future unless I'm getting paid to test it. :wink:

May 23, 2024 at 1:17 PM Post #671 of 1,044
I'm pinning a note for myself not to try any of those betas in the future unless I'm getting paid to test it. :wink:
Even if they paid me I wouldn't do it. I mean so far their solution for me to mail it back on my own dime then reimburse me the shipping. I have a software issue. I don't see why they don't just give me the link to another update or flash the os back to stock via recovery.

May 23, 2024 at 1:23 PM Post #672 of 1,044
Even if they paid me I wouldn't do it. I mean so far their solution for me to mail it back on my own dime then reimburse me the shipping. I have a software issue. I don't see why they don't just give me the link to another update or flash the os back to stock via recovery.
I agree. I would react the same way as you. I just got used to trying betas for Windows and Mac OS because they have so much better support for them if something goes wrong. Reverting to a previous firmware should be easy if you have a backup, and yeah, if they can just give us the link to the original factory firmware, that should make things a lot less problematic.

May 23, 2024 at 1:33 PM Post #673 of 1,044
I agree. I would react the same way as you. I just got used to trying betas for Windows and Mac OS because they have so much better support for them if something goes wrong. Reverting to a previous firmware should be easy if you have a backup, and yeah, if they can just give us the link to the original factory firmware, that should make things a lot less problematic.
100% agree.

May 23, 2024 at 3:47 PM Post #674 of 1,044
I just want then to send me a link to an update that removes this beta update. I was able to get into recovery mode with some hot keys per power button and the other keys. I see I can reflash thr os from the SD card. I hope I can fix it this route rather than send it back and wait and wait and hurry up and wait. I do like the device but I know better that doing beta again.
Can you try resetting the data and cache?

May 23, 2024 at 3:54 PM Post #675 of 1,044
I received mine yesterday. The temperature remains constant at 45-48 degrees Celsius while listening to Tidal with in-ear monitors on balance. I've tried everything I know to lower the temperature, such as switching off background apps, reducing CPU power, and turning off sensors. It seems like this device is meant to work at this temperature, possibly due to the amplifier
Streaming for about 40 minutes from tidal with IEMs mine stayed around 35c

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back