new headphones
Oct 16, 2012 at 1:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Regnox

New Head-Fier
hi! I'm kind of new to headphones and i would like to know, what would be a good pair of headphones for me. I will use them to listen on my phone to a lot of music but mostly metal (in public so preferably a closed pair) and also on my pc that will have a xonar stx as the sound card. 
ps: sorry if my english is weird i'm swiss (=
thanks for the help.

Oct 16, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #2 of 21
Please answer the following questions:

1.)  What is your budget?

2.)  Will you be listening to them in public such as in a library?  On a train?

3.)  Is style or sound quality most important?

That will help us give better recommendations.

Oct 16, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #3 of 21
Quote:
hi! I'm kind of new to headphones and i would like to know, what would be a good pair of headphones for me. I will use them to listen on my phone to a lot of music but mostly metal (in public so preferably a closed pair) and also on my pc that will have a Xonar STX as the sound card. 
ps: sorry if my English is weird I'm Swiss (=
thanks for the help.

Do you have a budget for the headphones?
Sony MDR-V6 headphones, with Beyerdynamic EDT 200/250 V Velour ear pads.

Your English seems fine.
But I do feel sorry for you with your country's high prices.

Oct 17, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #4 of 21
1.) my maximum budget is about 200 dollars although some pairs probably won't be available here...
2.) Yes i would use them in the train a lot.
3.) I absolutely don't care about style as long as it has good sound quality and is confortable.
yeah the prices are high but it's livable 

Oct 18, 2012 at 1:06 PM Post #7 of 21
I suggest either the Sennheiser HD-25-1-ii or the styling V-Moda M80 ( white or black ).  Both of these are very good sounding headphones and isolate pretty well.  The V-Moda headphones definitely have more style and sound slightly better than the HD-25-1-ii, but the V-Modas have emphasized bass.  If you want neutral go with the HD-25-1-ii.  If you prefer a little more low end go with the V-Moda M80.  Keep in mind these are sealed on-ear headphones so if you think they will be uncomfortable perhaps avoid them.  I found them comfortable personally.

Oct 18, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #8 of 21
Quote:
I suggest either the Sennheiser HD-25-1-ii or the styling V-Moda M80 ( white or black ).  Both of these are very good sounding headphones and isolate pretty well.  The V-Moda headphones definitely have more style and sound slightly better than the HD-25-1-ii, but the V-Modas have emphasized bass.  If you want neutral go with the HD-25-1-ii.  If you prefer a little more low end go with the V-Moda M80.  Keep in mind these are sealed on-ear headphones so if you think they will be uncomfortable perhaps avoid them.  I found them comfortable personally.

This is good advice.^^

Would you consider an IEM?

Oct 18, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #11 of 21
I recommend either the Sennheiser HD 439's or Sennheiser HD 449's if you want comfort, as well as good acoustics, vivid highs and nice mids.. the lows are nice too. If you want them to be better for sound and if you want to make sure no one can hear your music, I would say go with the Ultrasone HFI 450 or the Ultrasone HFI 580 if you are willing to spend a little bit more. 

Best of luck,

Oct 20, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #13 of 21
Hello, sorry to bumb this topic but i have a question.
ok so i'm going to buy a hd 449 for my phone but i decided i wanted a bit more for at home use.
so i looked around a bit and saw that i can buy the sennheiser hd 598 for about 190$ and would like to know your opinion on them, I will watch movies, game a lot and listen to music, i listen mostly to metal and rock, acdc, motorhead, metallica, eluveitie etc. 
would they be good for what i would like to use them for? 
thanks

Oct 20, 2012 at 6:59 AM Post #14 of 21
I'd go with the hd598 for sure. Great sound stage for movies and they fit your genre of music quite well. 

gL!!

Oct 20, 2012 at 7:05 AM Post #15 of 21
thanks! will order them tonight, can't wait 
dt880smile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back