New headphones as good or better than the HD800 and T1 to hit the market soon?
Aug 17, 2010 at 11:34 AM Post #17 of 45

How about Sony? after making the legendary MDR-R10 and Qualia 010 , their current flagship models can't really compete to other brand. I hope Sony will notice the potential of headphone market and create a new legendary headphone for us.

I was thinking about this also. I don't know if it will help but I was wondering if we on this forum starts a petition to Sony to consider bring the R10 back will help:)

Aug 17, 2010 at 12:05 PM Post #18 of 45

Quote:
Fostex brought along a supposed high end woodie dynamic to a Japanese headphones show about a year ago. Not sure how end it is supposed to be or when it is supposed to be released but they had some photos of the extensive work put into making the wood cups. Hopefully that effort in cups is representative of work put into drivers.

Yes, what is the end of that story? It was on youtube, a visit to their shop where all woodcups are made.

Quote:
whether it be electrostat or ortho, or bone phone
Bone phone without need for amplification maybe. That would the bomb to amp makers.
L3000.gif

Aug 17, 2010 at 12:20 PM Post #19 of 45

Fostex??? They started off with making budget multi-tracks reel to reel machines, didn't they? Think I used to own a demagnetizer made by them. Looks like they have come a long way since!!!

Quote:
Fostex brought along a supposed high end woodie dynamic to a Japanese headphones show about a year ago. Not sure how end it is supposed to be or when it is supposed to be released but they had some photos of the extensive work put into making the wood cups. Hopefully that effort in cups is representative of work put into drivers.

Aug 17, 2010 at 3:07 PM Post #21 of 45
Quote:
I've got a better idea. How about the K801, and possibly, the K802 (different color / detachable cable).

Wait, there's more! Also, it finally regains...

A perfectly smooth, leather headband. No bumps whatsoever.

ROFL, the K801 is white and the K802 is black. Hmm.. I feel it like a deja vu.
biggrin.gif

Aug 17, 2010 at 3:22 PM Post #22 of 45
Maybe they could get a Manufaktur type deal going on. I call lightning bolts!

Aug 17, 2010 at 3:23 PM Post #23 of 45
Wow! That's amazing! Should have kept the de-magnetizer, probably will end up as a museum piece eventually! 
o2smile.gif

But seriously, they were really good at making good quality multi-tracks back then for a reasonable price.

Quote:
Quote:

You might be surprised - Fostex is OEM for a lot of products that are eventually rebranded by other companies.  They're huge.

Aug 17, 2010 at 10:07 PM Post #26 of 45

Quote:
You know about the Ultrasone Edition 10, right?

Because that is the only headphone I currently know of that *might* surpass what has been done.

That might mean something to me if I ever heard an Ultrasone headphone that I really liked.

Aug 17, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #27 of 45
How about the RudiStor Chroma MD1 headphones? Although, info about the phones is no longer present on the RudiStor website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back