New headphone amplifier from Bryston
Jun 5, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #2,058 of 2,442
I wonder how does the BHA-1 and Beyerdynamic T1 2nd generation sounds like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly I have to report that it only sound "good". I have both the first gen and second gen T1 and I prefer the first gen T1 with the BHA-1 more. On my other amp (JDS Element) I also prefer the the first gen more but only by a little bit. With the BHA-1, I prefer the first gen T1 more by quiet a bit. I prefer the first gen T1 more then the HD800 because the mids on it sounds better, with the 2nd gen, I think I might like the HD800 more when paired with the BHA-1 (but like the Gen 1 then both).

If you like the 2nd gen T1 more then the first gen, then you might like it paired up the BHA-1 more. I think the JDS element has forward mids so that why I feel the 2nd gen T1 is closer to the first gen T1. With the BHA-1, it perfectly flat, so I can notice the different between the 2 more which why I like the first gen T1 sound more then the 2nd gen. I kind of want to get a spare first gen T1 for when my current ones breaks but then I would have threes T1s and that crazy (I'm aware I'm already insane, with so many headphones)

Jun 6, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #2,059 of 2,442
I dont have the T1 first gen but judging the sound of T1 second gen it is leaning towards the midrange and mid bass aspect. I mean to say that it has more emphasis on the lower to mid aspect of the spectrum, making it safer when pairing to other components.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 30, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #2,060 of 2,442
Have any of you guys found that when you switched from using the single ended output for an extended period of time to the balanced output that the unit needs "break-in" on the unused balanced output. I recently balanced my Grado PS1000 cans and I am finding the sound a bit more fatiguing. It is the type of thing I would expect to hear from a component that is not fully broken in. I wonder if there are aspects of the amplifier that were never used and thus not broken in until I started running my cans balanced? Thoughts?

Jun 30, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #2,061 of 2,442
^^^^
Interesting.  Unfortunately I don't have any lengthy experience with the SE, or switching between the Balanced and SE outputs.  Basically, I have really only used the balanced output...

Mike

Sep 17, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #2,069 of 2,442
I agree with underpriced.  Especially since it's overbuilt.

Sep 19, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #2,070 of 2,442
Hi,

I have had my BHA-1 for a few years now and just wanted to drop you a line to let you know how much I enjoy it.

For my loudspeaker system, I have a 300B SET amp driving full-range drivers, so I am familiar with the liquid sound of a good tube amp. I mention this because I always find it remarkable how much of this sound quality I hear in the BHA-1.

I also have a Woo Audio WA22 and much prefer the BHA-1. Incidentally, I use Sennheiser HD800 headphones and the BHA-1 shows off the HD800's wide sound stage much better than the WA22.

Yours truly,

Rob Kitely

Users who are viewing this thread

Back