New headphone amplifier from Bryston
Feb 9, 2024 at 12:02 AM Post #2,431 of 2,442
Does anyone on this thread know how to replace the faceplate on a Bryston audio component. My BHA-1 is black as is my BDA-2 (which I’ve just purchased). My 3rd Bryston audio component is the BCD-1 which is silver. I can purchase a black faceplate kit for the BCD-1 but I’m not sure if I can do the work. I’m not a handyman to begin with but I’m willing to give it a try if I can find instructions somewhere. I found nothing on YouTube or even online. Thanks.
You should contact Bryston support, or you can also check the Bryston section on Audio circle. James Tanner is active there.

Feb 9, 2024 at 2:13 AM Post #2,433 of 2,442
Does anyone on this thread know how to replace the faceplate on a Bryston audio component. My BHA-1 is black as is my BDA-2 (which I’ve just purchased). My 3rd Bryston audio component is the BCD-1 which is silver. I can purchase a black faceplate kit for the BCD-1 but I’m not sure if I can do the work. I’m not a handyman to begin with but I’m willing to give it a try if I can find instructions somewhere. I found nothing on YouTube or even online. Thanks.

Yes, ask Bryston. Good luck, keep us posted :)

Mar 2, 2024 at 3:43 PM Post #2,434 of 2,442
Does anyone on this thread know how to replace the faceplate on a Bryston audio component.
Hi Bob..just seeing this....I've done a few Bryston face plates but if you've yet to complete the project best to contact Mike Pickett at Bryston, he's always been extremely helpful.
mpickett@bryston.com
Basically it's removing the top cover and then there are a few inner nuts, you'll need a T8 Torx (screw driver) for the outside screws and a small pair of pliers or a tiny ratchet set for the inside and probably some small Phillips screw drivers for the drawer cover and display.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024 at 5:28 PM Post #2,435 of 2,442
You should contact Bryston support, or you can also check the Bryston section on Audio circle. James Tanner is active there.
Yes, ask Bryston. Good luck, keep us posted :)
Hi Bob..just seeing this....I've done a few Bryston face plates but if you've yet to complete the project best to contact Mike Pickett at Bryston, he's always been extremely helpful.
mpickett@bryston.com
Basically it's removing the top cover and then there are a few inner nuts, you'll need a T8 Torx (screw driver) for the outside screws and a small pair of pliers or a tiny ratchet set for the inside and probably some small Phillips screw drivers for the drawer cover and display.
Sorry about the delayed reply. I contacted James Tanner on Audio Circle. He suggested I contact Bryston Audio which I did. Here’s the reply I received from Bryston Audio :

Hi Bob,
Thanks for contacting Bryston.
Unfortunately we no longer carry BCD1 faceplate in stock as it has long been
discontinued.
I would also not recommend playing with the faceplate assembly as drive
alignment is key and we can no longer source the drives for the BCD1 if it is
damaged.
Sorry for bad news,

So, I’ll stay satisfied with the silver front plated CD player, as it is. It was worth looking into, now I know. Thanks to all of you for your suggestions/ instructions. 👍

Mar 5, 2024 at 8:55 PM Post #2,437 of 2,442
Sorry about the delayed reply. I contacted James Tanner on Audio Circle. He suggested I contact Bryston Audio which I did. Here’s the reply I received from Bryston Audio :

Hi Bob,
Thanks for contacting Bryston.
Unfortunately we no longer carry BCD1 faceplate in stock as it has long been
discontinued.
I would also not recommend playing with the faceplate assembly as drive
alignment is key and we can no longer source the drives for the BCD1 if it is
damaged.
Sorry for bad news,

So, I’ll stay satisfied with the silver front plated CD player, as it is. It was worth looking into, now I know. Thanks to all of you for your suggestions/ instructions. 👍
Lol, isn't this what you needed? Shipping from Canada to US is very cheap via Canada Post.

https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/650069486-bryston-bcd-1-faceplate-black-rackmount/

Mar 5, 2024 at 8:59 PM Post #2,438 of 2,442
Another approach is to buy a longer aes cable, and hide your bcd1 to somewhere you can't see.

This way you don't have to play with the alignment.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024 at 9:23 PM Post #2,439 of 2,442
Lol, isn't this what you needed? Shipping from Canada to US is very cheap via Canada Post.

https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/650069486-bryston-bcd-1-faceplate-black-rackmount/
I’m not a handy man to begin with. After reading about the alignment I’ll just be happy with what I have. No need to hide it either. It doesn’t look that bad. It was just a thought of having all units black that was appealing. That was before reading the reply from Bryston.

Mar 7, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #2,440 of 2,442
I’m not a handy man to begin with. After reading about the alignment I’ll just be happy with what I have.
Better safe than sorry......The alignment could be mostly affected when putting on the front drawer plate of the BCD-1.
(or you could leave the drawer alone and go dual colour. :sunglasses: )
Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 1.08.57 PM.png
....but if you're committed to CD it may be only a matter of time before a BCD-3 pops ups. :wink:
Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 1.06.41 PM.png

Mar 7, 2024 at 4:32 PM Post #2,441 of 2,442
Better safe than sorry......The alignment could be mostly affected when putting on the front drawer plate of the BCD-1.
(or you could leave the drawer alone and go dual colour. :sunglasses: )

....but if you're committed to CD it may be only a matter of time before a BCD-3 pops ups. :wink:
I’m definitely committed to CDs and there’s a new twist. The BCD-1 is an old audio unit. Bryston no longer services them. Lately, my BCD-1 started skipping periodically. Nothing to do w/ the CD itself. There was a black BCD-1 for sale on CAM. So I advertised my silver one on CAM, for sale at a modest price & indicated the problem with player. Someone bought it from me, saying he’d take his chances & see if he could clean the lense, etc. So I put that money on the black one and bought it. The owner is a 72 year old gentleman from Montreal who has been the sole owner of the CD player. Aesthetically, judging by the photos, the player looks new. He still has the original box, the BCD-1 remote (which is impossible to find nowadays) and the owner’s manual. The gentleman assured me he’s never had an issue with the CD player. He has over 400 transactions with 100% + feedback. It’s always risky due to the age of the unit & the same problem or one of another kind could occur eventually. It’s the last BCD-1 I’m buying. My reasoning is, if it lasts me 3-4 more years, it’ll be worth it. The BCD-3 would be preferable of course but the average price for a used one is $2,500 -$2,800 Canadian. That’s a bit too stiff for me.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2024 at 8:35 AM Post #2,442 of 2,442
..................there’s a new twist.
There was a black BCD-1 for sale on CAM.
I was going to suggest plan "B" lol

The BCD-1 is an old audio unit.
Yep had mine not too long after they came out
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=157917.0
Bryston no longer services them. .......
Reason I sold mine during the pandemic while it was still working 100%... but my unit was in service 3 times, display went, then the drive and last was the front panel with buttons, Bryston did the last 2 after 5 year warranty expired free of charge. :thumbsup:
Still have over 1000s CDs so replaced it with a Cambridge CXC transport to match the CXN V2 streamer .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back